do you fear death?

roverroad

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:40 pm
I only fear a painful death. I assume that once I'm dead though, I won't really care.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:00 pm
see my sig line for the answer to that question... Very Happy
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:34 pm
No. I don't fear death.
It's just the next step in our journey. Very Happy
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:27 pm
..or the last.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:50 pm
baz wrote:
Jamesw84 wrote:
I cant give a dam about what happens to I die because I cant imagine being in a greater state of suffering than right now. If living is so painful, how can I fear death? I have been preached Christianity and they tell me that I would go to hell if i dont do what god says and if I dont believe in what Jesus did for humanity. When I hear this I laugh out to myself thinking how can there be a god in my life if everything has always been so terrible? If god made man and intended for good things to happen to them then why is there so much pain? If I believe in God will the painful past be wiped away? Will my flashbacks just dissapear and be replaced by pleasant memories? I seriously do not know what happens once u believe in god and what kind of benefit u get from it. Christians are so ridiculous because the ones that preach to you have all had wonderful lives and never have experienced any type of prolonging pain over a significant long period of their lives so how can they possibly understand what life is like for some people. I get offended when Christians tell me to be scared of death, because I am already dead, so how can you possibly try making me feel guilty for being who I am? Ive had so much punishment in my life already, so how can God make me feel like im the criminal or sinner they call it, why do I need to be FORGIVEN when I have never hurt anyone and when its other people who have ALWAYS hurt me? In a nutshell, Christianity just doesnt make any sense. After writing this thread, I have convinced myself that I am not a christian and never have been, and probably never will be. So good riddens.
im suffering too james im convinced lifes a bitch,i am what i am thats it.
i feel there could be a reason for suffering but im damned if i know what it is.in some ways death will be my ally, maybe there is some glorious afterlife who knows.i feel sure we are here for a reason..

Everyone suffers. We all struggle in life. Some more, and some less that is obvious.

Some folks suffer physically, some emotionally, etc.

For some the struggle is very public and easy for others to see. For some the suffering is private and few or no one else know of it.

But, usually you can still make life better for someone (even if it's not you) by something you say or do (or maybe by what you refrain from saying or doing).
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 07:59 am
CrazyDiamond wrote:
Worry is an uncontrolable emotion. Fear is an uncontrolable emotion.

I disagree as well. We are capable of controlling thoughts. And thoughts of death are what cause worry and fear of it.

Fear when we are faced with a harmful situation is uncontrollable. Like a rabid dog snarling in our path.

Fear from a thought, is controllable. Like lying in bed thinking about dying when there is no reason to think we will die any time soon.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:04 am
We may feardeath, the inevitable, but there sure as hell is no point in actually worrying about it.
0 Replies