Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,885 • Replies: 66
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 07:57 pm
Do I fear death? No.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 02:42 am
When I allow myself to think about it, then I try to snap myself out of it as soon as possible because I think I would freak out.

Ive been thinking about it more than usual recently but obviuosly only in short bursts.

The horrid realisation is that it HAS to happen, its gona happen to us all, we cant avoid it!!
I wonder how I will die but I try not to dwell on it as it scares the b'jesus out of me.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 03:23 am
I'm with Intrepid. But this question has been poised on other threads, more than once.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 03:28 am
Not at all, no fear.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 03:43 am
Actually...the only reasonable time to ask that question...and to expect a reasonable answer...is to ask it of someone experiencing severe chest pains.
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 04:02 am
I cant give a dam about what happens to I die because I cant imagine being in a greater state of suffering than right now. If living is so painful, how can I fear death? I have been preached Christianity and they tell me that I would go to hell if i dont do what god says and if I dont believe in what Jesus did for humanity. When I hear this I laugh out to myself thinking how can there be a god in my life if everything has always been so terrible? If god made man and intended for good things to happen to them then why is there so much pain? If I believe in God will the painful past be wiped away? Will my flashbacks just dissapear and be replaced by pleasant memories? I seriously do not know what happens once u believe in god and what kind of benefit u get from it. Christians are so ridiculous because the ones that preach to you have all had wonderful lives and never have experienced any type of prolonging pain over a significant long period of their lives so how can they possibly understand what life is like for some people. I get offended when Christians tell me to be scared of death, because I am already dead, so how can you possibly try making me feel guilty for being who I am? Ive had so much punishment in my life already, so how can God make me feel like im the criminal or sinner they call it, why do I need to be FORGIVEN when I have never hurt anyone and when its other people who have ALWAYS hurt me? In a nutshell, Christianity just doesnt make any sense. After writing this thread, I have convinced myself that I am not a christian and never have been, and probably never will be. So good riddens.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 05:03 am
Good for you James.I think religion is naff too but just incase God or Jesus is reading this, guys, I think your both fab.

Ive had more than my fair share of crap in my life too.
I try to 'step out 'of myself and try and see it from others points of view, then it doesnt seem so serious.Im not dismissing the pain you are feeling but Im tying to put it in perspective.

I was p*ssed off greatly by a person years ago, since then i have felt nothing but anger towards them which I have carried with me, but when I step out of myself and see it from other perspectives I realise there is no point in me being angry.Its not helping me and Im 100% sure the person couldnt care less if I was angry or upset.

So try to let it go.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 06:55 am
Do I fear death? No. The only thing that saddens me is the thought of not seeing my grandchildren grow up.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 06:58 am
Frank wrote:
Actually...the only reasonable time to ask that question...and to expect a reasonable answer...is to ask it of someone experiencing severe chest pains.

Wise words.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 07:08 am
I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of the people I love dying. I don't want them to be gone.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 07:41 am
Don't worry, Bella. I'll try to hang on.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 07:45 am
Thanks gus. I think about you being gone and it nearly destroys me.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 07:46 am
After seeing so much death since I was little, it stopped phasing me... It has to happen, it is inevitable.. and even if it wasn't and I could be immortal, I'd still choose to die...

My fear is not accomplishing all the things i want to accomplish before I die... to experience everything that I dream about....

But I can't fear something I do not know or understand... it's pointless really, because if I went around fearing death all the time, then I wouldn't realy live....
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 08:21 am
Woody Allen wrote:
I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Or did he just say that? :wink:
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 12:48 pm
No, why should anyone fear death? I do not look forward to the pain and suffering of a lingering death, or being old and helpless, but death itself holds no terrors. I just want to experience all I can of life first.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 12:53 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Perhaps the fear would be the fear of the pain and not death. I have come close to death and fear was not something that I felt.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 01:22 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Well having been in this exact situation a month ago while being rushed to the ER, the thought of my death did pop into my head and it wasn't the fear of dying that bothered me but the fact that I hadn't made out a will and my place was a mess and imagining my parents/siblings having to go through it and sort out my papers. As soon as I got home from the hospital (not a heart attack BTW) I immediately cleaned up my crap and labeled my folders, etc., so the family would get a few shillings should I bite the bullet. All I have to do now is have a will made up and list where my policies/bank accounts/etc., are so they will have some funds to burn me to ashes and maybe have a few pints at the pub as they tell stories about what a brat I was.

Oh yeah and the wimpy thing I discovered about my "imagined pending death" is ... I'm allergic to pain. If I'm gonna die I want all the drugs in the hospital pumped into my arm immediately if not sooner!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 02:50 pm
Actually...when I was in treatment for cancer...and down to 114 pounds (looked like an extra from Schindler's List)...

...I pretty much came to the conclusion that I had lost the battle. Nancy and I discussed it quite openly.

I never got even slightly depressed...(I'm always a bit crotchety)...and there was not the slightest fear of what I saw as the impending end.

I never got religious...or nervous.

But I still think the question makes more sense if asked of someone experiencing severe chest pains.
0 Replies

baz

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:25 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
After seeing so much death since I was little, it stopped phasing me... It has to happen, it is inevitable.. and even if it wasn't and I could be immortal, I'd still choose to die...

My fear is not accomplishing all the things i want to accomplish before I die... to experience everything that I dream about....

But I can't fear something I do not know or understand... it's pointless really, because if I went around fearing death all the time, then I wouldn't realy live....
girl forget the verbal gymnaststics are you afraid of death. i know you are special
0 Replies