do you fear death?

baz

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:30 pm
im looking forward to death- like going
to a loving world.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:41 pm
I don't think I fear death, but I love living so much, I don't want to die in the forseeable future.
0 Replies

baz

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:42 pm
material girl wrote:
Good for you James.I think religion is naff too but just incase God or Jesus is reading this, guys, I think your both fab.

Ive had more than my fair share of crap in my life too.
I try to 'step out 'of myself and try and see it from others points of view, then it doesnt seem so serious.Im not dismissing the pain you are feeling but Im tying to put it in perspective.

I was p*ssed off greatly by a person years ago, since then i have felt nothing but anger towards them which I have carried with me, but when I step out of myself and see it from other perspectives I realise there is no point in me being angry.Its not helping me and Im 100% sure the person couldnt care less if I was angry or upset.

So try to let it go.
not got a clue what you are talking about. off topic as usual
0 Replies

baz

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:42 pm
material girl wrote:
Good for you James.I think religion is naff too but just incase God or Jesus is reading this, guys, I think your both fab.

I try to 'step out 'of myself and try and see it from others points of view, then it doesnt seem so serious.Im not dismissing the pain you are feeling but Im tying to put it in perspective.

I was p*ssed off greatly by a person years ago, since then i have felt nothing but anger towards them which I have carried with me, but when I step out of myself and see it from other perspectives I realise there is no point in me being angry.Its not helping me and Im 100% sure the person couldnt care less if I was angry or upset.

So try to let it go.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:44 pm
baz wrote:
im looking forward to death- like going
to a loving world.

Please tell me more of what you mean?
0 Replies

eoe

Same here. I love living but I just hope that when the time comes, I'm ready. You hear about people who are 'ready' to die and that's admirable to me, being ready for death and accepting it, with honor and dignity.
0 Replies

baz

material girl wrote:

So try to let it go.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:54 pm
Heck with the dignity. I'll go out kicking and screaming. What did Billy Bob say in "The Alamo"? "It's fair to warn you, I'm a screamer."
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 10:03 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Heck with the dignity. I'll go out kicking and screaming. What did Billy Bob say in "The Alamo"? "It's fair to warn you, I'm a screamer."

LOL
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 03:11 am
material girl wrote:

So try to let it go.

I can see the value of forgiveness but I dont know how to do it. When you say u step out of yourself and see it from other perspectives, what exactly do u mean and can u be more specific on how u saw it from other perspectives?
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 03:24 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of the people I love dying. I don't want them to be gone.

same here. that's my greatest fear.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 06:25 am
I had a double whammy 13 years ago while in step down {in hospital} after removal of a cancerous prostate I had a heart attack. Not once did I worry about or even think about dying. The only fear I have is the possibility of a lingering death. One which will without possibility of recovery put a strain on all my loved ones.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 09:25 pm
I am afraid of death and dying.

I am also afraid of not doing everything I want to do before I die....and of not reaching my full potential.

I am also afraid of causing my loved ones the pain of my death and of not being able to help them deal with it even though a much greater fear is that of my daughter dying before me.

Being an atheist, the thought of my daughter EVER dying is horrific to me....(although not horrific enough to make me believe in fairy tales like "heaven")

I try to understand all these fears and accept them rather than hide or deny them.

I find I'm actually a lot more likely to discuss death than most other people .... it seems they don't want to discuss it presumably because they would rather not face it.
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 03:50 am
WHY ARE YOU ALL AFRAID? WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE? DOES LIFE REALLY GIVE YOU SO MUCH SATISFACTION AND GRATIFICATION THAT YOU ARE AFRAID TO LOSE IT?

I FIND THIS REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE, BELIEVE IT OR NOT

GIVE ME A REAL REASON TO WHY YOU ARE SCARED TO DIE!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:53 am
I'm not scared of it. And neither are some of the other posters here if you read the responses. And why are you yelling?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 08:42 am
Jamesw84 wrote:
WHY ARE YOU ALL AFRAID? WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE? DOES LIFE REALLY GIVE YOU SO MUCH SATISFACTION AND GRATIFICATION THAT YOU ARE AFRAID TO LOSE IT?

I FIND THIS REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE, BELIEVE IT OR NOT

GIVE ME A REAL REASON TO WHY YOU ARE SCARED TO DIE!

BECAUSE LIVING IS JUST SO GOOD!
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 05:51 pm
So right eoe !

Jamesw84, maybe age has something to do with it. I'm willing to bet I'm closer to the pointy end than you!

I think nearly everbody is afraid to die to a greater or lesser extent.

It helps a lot with the traffic flow.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 05:52 pm
Silly, silly question . . . do you fear the sunrise? Do you fear the wind . . . stupid question . . .
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:11 pm
Setanta wrote:
Silly, silly question . . . do you fear the sunrise? Do you fear the wind . . . stupid question . . .

Sunrise...only in December (mid-summer)
The wind - depends on the predicted speed near the centre of the cyclone.

Been a while Setanta Smile
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:12 pm
Do I fear death? no

I can sympathise with james as the past few years of my life have been plagued with pain and an absolutely uncertain future. Lingering death is what scares me and the fact that no doctor has given me a straight answer or addressed issues leaves me to wonder how long I have to live. I know I will never grow to be old and grey and this doesn't scare me, the only thing I would miss is my newly rekindled desire to hold my children. I have recently turned my life around from the absolute despair which life has handed me and even since i've gained much from nothing I still do not fear dieing.

I still have every last reason I previously had for despair, the only difference is the way I view my life, limited or not. Should my time come at least I can say that I didn't waste my last days
0 Replies