My kind of town, Chicago is...

wandeljw

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 08:04 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
Will see everyone at lunch (for those who don't know, my plans changed).

Okay, then Good Morning to you as well! It is at South Water Kitchen, right?
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 08:06 am
@wandeljw,
Yes, that's correct.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 03:13 pm
So...any plans for Saturday? or Sunday?
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 04:01 pm
@maporsche,
Saturday, 1:00 at the Art Institute. After that it's anybody's guess.
Izzie

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 08:16 pm
@joefromchicago,
Such a fab time today. JUST FAB. Got loads of pics but tooooooo toooooooo tired to upload tonite. Lunch at the South Water Kitchen and then to Millenium Park and a big BEAN and then the most fantastic river ride through the city - the sun came out. So happy to meet A2Kers - oh... pics tell a story. Thanku so much everyone for being there - thanku jw for the book and being "Keanu" - thanku ci for the headgear and for being so patient as we faffed as we pottered around... thanku JfC for making us laugh and listening to us talk about Brit law - your sense of humour is ...wicked - and thanku JPB for everything. Just had such a great afternoon.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC02096.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC02078.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Summer%202009/DSC02098.jpg

Very Happy

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 08:49 pm
Sounds like a blast.
i do wish I could have been there

whadddya mean TIRED?
woman, you should not be tired. This is vacation. No time for tired. Laughing
Izzie

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 08:54 pm
@shewolfnm,
Oh WOMAN - I wish you were here too - your ears musta been burning today gal - we were yabbering about your pics and how too good you are. Time is going way too quick and I can't believe we've only got 3 more days here. Gonna make the most of it. Very Happy

Delighted the Austin gathering is gonna happen - you're gonna have a blast there!

(hey.... been using my manual a bit - tho I have been lazy on auto... I know I know, slap my wrist) Embarrassed

Sheesh - I miss ya gal!
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 08:59 pm
@Izzie,
pleas come back by if you can. Smile

We found a new place.
Moving in about 6 weeks.
Once we are there, (twice the size) you can stay with me anytime you are here . JUST get here Smile
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 12:55 am

I want one a them hats.

But I guess ya gotta earn it.
JPB

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 07:53 am
@maporsche,
hi map,

We're planning on the AI for this afternoon. Dinner (and possibly music afterwards) will occur somewhere (TBD). Sammy Fender is playing at Bill's Blues. I know we can take S-Boy there. I'll have my car downtown and can get the four of us who will be at our hotel plus CI to Evanston and back. The show is scheduled to start at 8:30. Sammy Fender

We'll be a Navy Pier on Sunday afternoon (someone can have my mini-golf coupon). I'm sure we'll eat somewhere afterwards (also TBD).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 10:35 am
@McTag,
McT, Just me y0ur mailing addrss by PM, and I'll send you a couple. You've "earned" it!
wandeljw

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 04:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

McT, Just me y0ur mailing addrss by PM, and I'll send you a couple. You've "earned" it!

You definitely have earned the hat, McTag. C.I. gave me one and I have never even left the city of Chicago. Smile
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 04:33 pm

I might have known c.i. was behind this.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 12:46 am
Back at the hotel after a long day of wandering the halls of the Art Institute, a short wait <cough> for a table at Giordano's, a fun ride up to Evanston for some blues, a fun time at the club watching S-boy steal the show (Iz has pics), and finally back here after dropping joe and ci back at their places.

Tomorrow may have a slow start as we catch up on some sleep.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 12:07 pm
Thanks for all the updates! I'm looking forward to more.
Izzie

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 12:33 pm
@mac11,
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... the Blues Club last nite was fab! S-boy became a soul-boy and joined in on the set rolling his hips (appararently known as the sexy circle Shocked - who knew!) We loved it. LOVED IT. A little "Stand By Me" and a sing-a-long and lot of "Love Your Momma" - ha - GREAT - very good memories made last nite.

ART INSTITUTE WAS AMAZING. Trying to find a favourite painting would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Found a Seurat tho - will post pics when we get back to the UK.

Longest wait in the world for a pizza <ahem> - but it did taste good and JfC's got dinner today - thanku so much ci for dinner - he treated us - bless you. We did laugh a whole bunch coming back in the car from the club. Thanku Chi-town hosts - you're brill.

Struggling a bit today keeping up so JPB and QueenDev have gone to Navy Pier with the little fella and hoping to meet up with ci - we think he may be waiting for the bus - which we've discovered doesn't run on a Sunday - so fingers crossed they can hook up together. Off to the Hancock Tower a little later and a drink on the 95th I believe (?) - and plans TBD for dinner tonite. Very Happy

Good to be here - have the loveliest suite in a hotel organised by JPB and great to meet up with Dev - didn't stop yabbering until 3.30am with a cuppa tea in hand. Just spoke to our Missy too - we could imagine the 4 of us on Segways (?) going thru the streets of Chicago - certainly a mishap would happen I reckon.

Thanku all for making this a great way to end our visit to the US this year.
mismi

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 01:35 pm
@Izzie,
Can't wait to see the pics of S'boy groovin in the Blues Club...cute boy. I know he is having a blast...next time - me and the whole family are finding a way to get wherever we have to. That way S'boy has some cohorts to hang with. The boys would love him.

Loved talking to you Dev...sorry for the mix up...I had a weepy boy who got pulled off the swing by Pistol and had a hurt hand...miraculously he is fine now and throwing the football with his Dad. My focus was off - thought I was back on with JPB. oops.

Rest now sweet Iz. I am here all day long hanging out...so give me a ring anytime. Don't have any expectations...just enjoy yourself. Hugs to all...
JPB - Dev - S'boy , C.I. and Joe - have a wonderful afternoon.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 08:25 pm
Last chance to see Izzie and son-of-Izzie: Monday, 11:45 a.m. at Poag Mahone's, 333 S. Wells St.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 08:53 pm
@joefromchicago,
Bummer... too much to do, but I'm glad you guys had such a good time!
((((( Izzie )))))
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 12:52 am
Pogue mahone means "kiss my arse", or so I read somewhere. I think it was in an article by Bob Geldof or about Shane McGowan or something.

Did I tell you that before? My memory is going.

(edit) and the website confirms that! Well I never, I've been right once today already, and not had me breakfast yet.
0 Replies