My kind of town, Chicago is...

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 09:43 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolf, Try this link; still looks pretty decent for the combo. http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewAPHSearchResults?null&retrieveParams=true&z=de36&r=1ec
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 03:04 pm
Nah. I cant do it. Even on there, just the airfare is 350+

If they were still where they were, that would be fantastic.
I was finding round trips for 210. I should have just gotten it then dangit.
Oh well.
Have fun Smile
JPB

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 03:44 pm
@shewolfnm,
yeah, I think you bumped up against the 14-day advance purchase restrictions. So sorry it isn't going to work out. We would have loved to have you here.
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 05:44 am
@JPB,
I want to go too. Very bad.
It is a weeee bit addicting, meeting everyone all the time Smile It is having a very full life, and just loving people with in a few seconds of seeing them.

I wanna do that more. HA!

But, as I said in PM.. i have my eyes set on scouting out cities anyway. Gallery work is a must for me now. No getting around that. But I have no clue how to start it. Deciding to make travel my first step. haha. yes that is backwards, but so much more fun Smile
Thanks for wanting to bend over backwards to get me there lady . Smile
I will see you sometime soon..
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 08:28 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolf, Joe and I have plans to go to the Art Insitutute, one of the best in the US. It's worth the added airfare. I go there every time I visit Chicago. You'll see some of the great paintings there, and they're originals!

I'm show you this one because one of my favorites at the National Gallery in London is called "Umbrellas."
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/Chicago506xD1005.jpg
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 10:15 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolf wrote:
i have my eyes set on scouting out cities anyway. Gallery work is a must for me now.

Lightwizard could probably give you advice on that, shewolf.

Anyway, I am happy to hear that you are going forward on that. Everyone at A2K knows the quality of your photography.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:45 pm
Friends of mine just returned from a weekend trip in Chicago. Besides the tapas,...the clubs,..they said they went to a spa called "Exhale". All of them had great reviews.
JPB

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 06:32 am
@alex240101,
Are you still thinking of joining us, Alex? We're still kinda loosy-goosy on the specific plans but we'll all be downtown over the weekend of the 22nd. CI will be here during the week and we'll make day trips in to meet up with folks who work in the city but aren't available on the weekend.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 11:05 am
@JPB,
Ten days and counting...
JPB

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 08:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
Very Happy

looking forward to seeing you again, ci!

I don't remember exactly what your local dates are but I'm thinking you'll be out and about and looking for adventure on Thursday, right? Or is Friday your first day to play?

Whichever one it is, I'm hoping to get a lunch group together of the locals who work downtown and aren't as available on the weekend (jw, garg) as well as anyone else who wants to venture in for lunch and/or the architecture boat tour. That tour is better done on a weekday when it isn't quite as crowded. We can do a morning tour and then meet for lunch or vice versa.

Then, on Saturday, Iz, S-boy, and I will be checking in to a hotel for the weekend and hope to add a couple of the out-of-towners to that slumber party. It will save us a lot of travel time back and forth and will allow anyone who wants to take a break a place to do so.

I know joe has some ideas for Friday afternoon/evening for those who want to get together that night. I'm not sure we'll be up for all of that but we can play it by ear and do as much as Iz and S-boy choose. We'll definitely include a stop at the AI, but may not stay as long as some of the other's would like to stay.

One of the things I'm hoping to do on Sunday (or Saturday afternoon, depending on weather forecasts) is to take the Brits over to Navy Pier. I think S- will enjoy the rides and they'll both enjoy the pier itself.
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 08:52 am
Someone needs to grab and hug N for me. Smile

Then we need a girl to kiss S please.. He may not leave this country with out more girl kisses.

and then someone goose Sublime.
please
Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:31 am
@JPB,
I arrive in Chicago on Friday during the wee hours of the morning - after midnight. I'm taking a shuttle to the hotel, and get some shut-eye before venturing out, but should be okay by about 8am. Friday lunch sounds good, so all we need is venue and time. I always enjoy those architectural tours, so count me in. I'm not sure when joe and I will be doing AI, but that's always a must for me. I can galavant on my own on Monday to trek around my old haunts of yesteryear to see if anything from the past is still there. Flying out Tuesday at 5:15pm.

I'll leave it to you Chi people to fill in the blanks.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 11:26 am
@JPB,
I can't wait to get there Razz YAY
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 05:37 pm
maporsche, You're still showing up ain't cha? Hope to see you!

JPB, Do you have an approx head count yet?
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 06:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
By my reckoning:

Definite:
Izzie (and son)
cicerone imposter
Rockhead
(one or two nights)

Maybe:
Swimpy
Occom Bill
devriesj
alex240101

Locals:
JPB
Gargamel
(lunch, weeknights)
Sublime1 (weeknights)
Maporsche (maybe)
Wandeljw (lunch)
joefromchicago

Did I miss anybody?
Izzie

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:32 pm
@joefromchicago,
We'll be there....... looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing Chi-town. So very much hoping the maybes will be able to make it Very Happy
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:44 am
@joefromchicago,
Shewolf mentioned that she wants someone to "goose Sublime" for her since she is unable to travel here. I will leave that task to Gargamel.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 07:55 am
I had some interest in attending the Chi thing as there are several peeps I would enjoy chatting up.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:00 am
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Shewolf mentioned that she wants someone to "goose Sublime" for her since she is unable to travel here. I will leave that task to Gargamel.

will you take the photo please? Smile
wandeljw

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:45 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

wandeljw wrote:

will you take the photo please? Smile

Top-rate photographers such as Izzie and Cicerone Imposter will be there!
0 Replies