My kind of town, Chicago is...

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 10:44 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

I've not been to Chicago yet.

But I've seen The Blues Brothers.

Yeah, it's pretty much like that every day around here.

http://bb.wynnear.com/pics/daley_plaza.jpg
Izzie

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:18 am
@joefromchicago,
I can't wait to meet up with y'all. S-boy (little fella - he's 12) is so excited about visiting Chicago too.

I haven't been in your town since Nov. 1994 - it was the last city I visited before relocating back to the UK - I'm so looking forward to having a look around again. The best thing will be meeting up with the folks that have been part of my everyday for the last 18 months and to get to know some other folk who I always see around here - but haven't talked with regularly. That's going to be simply fabulous. Very Happy

This time I won't need JPB to hug y'all for me - I'll be able to do that myself. Happy Days ahead. Razz Thanku all. x
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 12:25 pm
If I get the deal I'm trying to strike for my hotel room, I may show up. Otherwise, it'll have to be another time.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 01:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My offer was denied! Have fun for those of you planning to show up.
Swimpy

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 02:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh, c.i. You have to keep trying.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 03:18 pm
@Swimpy,
Before I "try" again, what dates are being reserved for get-togethers/meets with the greatest number?
JPB

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
It's hard to say, ci. We haven't heard from some of the other "area" folks like OBill, Brooke, dev, Alex, etc., to know if any of them are thinking of a trip to Chicago. I imagine those folks would be here over the 21-23 weekend if they decide to make the trip. Mismi is still a maybe. I haven't sent any PMs to the folks listed above but will that soon. Or, maybe Iz has already done so...

Stay tuned - I'll try to get the word out today. This is just now coming about so it's much less organized than our prior Chicago gatherings.
JPB

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:28 am
@JPB,
I should add that, although Izzie and S-boy will be here for a number of days, I'm not proposing an A2K week that commits them to an A2K vacation. There will be a number of days that aren't filled/scheduled so that S-boy gets to enjoy himself. I'm imagining a lunch one day during the week and one day/evening event over the weekend. I'm not trying to redo the Chicago events of the past.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 08:02 am
The Cubs aren't in town, but maybe Wandeljw would be willing to take everyone to a White Sox game.
wandeljw

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 08:28 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

The Cubs aren't in town, but maybe Wandeljw would be willing to take everyone to a White Sox game.

I know you are joking. If I did that, Sublime would never come. He still believes that I left his May 2006 party early, so that I could sneak off to a Sox game that was going on at the same time. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 08:31 am
@JPB,
bm for updates
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 08:53 am
ya know.
Im going to bookmark this too.

Im finding round trip ticket packages for around 400.00

Im testing my flying wings next week going to NY.
if it doesnt freak me out, I have just opened a new obsession.
Travel Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 10:36 am
To use my United Airlines frequent flyer miles, I had to purchase additional miles, but it won't get it posted for 48 hours. If that works out, and I can find some reasonably priced accommodations for August 20 for about four to five nites, I still might make it.
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
If not, try shopping on ugoigo.com

I see flight+hotel packages for 450

A couple for less, but they appear to be less than desirable hotels.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:10 am
@shewolfnm,
I'm trying to spend less than $400 for flight and 3 star accommodations.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:04 pm
sorry, I meant to type

igougo.com

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:05 pm
@shewolfnm,
I like ugoigo better. LOL
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:06 pm
they have a package at Marriot for 438

but that is for flight from San Antonio ...
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:30 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
Mismi is still a maybe.

Scheduling, scheduling...that is the problem. Got to re-schedule if I can...find someone to keep the boys, and overcome hubby's nervousness. I can be a bit flaky - so it's not unfounded. Very Happy But I am giving it a herculean effort. I wanna' be there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:29 pm
Any head-counts yet?