The travel industry is hurting bad

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 07:33 pm
When demand is down in the travel industry, it affects many people's livelyhood. As we have been exposed to the potential bankruptcies of our airlines recently, the lodging and restaurant industries also feel the pain.

Because of the low demand, consumers are being offered bargain basement prices for flights, lodging, and rental cars - especially during this low season. If you're interested in finding good travel bargains, go to the many travel internet websites such as Priceline, Expedia, and Travelocity.

Out of curiosity, I did a search for airfare, lodging, and rental car for seven days, six nights, from San Jose, CA, to Austin, Texas, for later this month. The bargain price? $555 per person for my wife and I. Compare that to the $500 my son had to pay to visit us for one weekend last year just for airfare from Austin to San Jose.

Go ahead, get adventurous and see what you can find at bargain basement prices, and take a trip. Razz Laughing Very Happy Idea Idea c.i.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,642 • Replies: 12
No top replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 07:34 pm
Who's flying the plane?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 07:47 pm
Right after I posted my response on this thread, a pop-up ad for the travel industry appeared on my screen.

Am I being watched? Confused
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 07:52 pm
Especially you, NH. I asked my Sicilian relatives to watch you closely. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 07:53 pm
One of the best travel info links: http://members.atlantic.net/~bdarl/travel.html
c.i.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 08:02 pm
Guess what! A 2nd travel ad!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 09:37 pm
I'm flying in July to the NW. But, that's on frequent flyer milage.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 09:55 pm
i'm flying on down to oz in may Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 09:57 pm
The Bunny provoked you that badly, eh?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 09:58 pm
pueo, What parts of Oz are you visiting? If you're gonna be in Sydney, don't miss the Bridge Climb. It's a three hour deal, but the view is fantastic. c.i.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 10:06 pm
i'm going to surprise the aussie's don't want to tell where i'm going yet. gonna bring me back a rabbit pelt, a large pink one Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 10:12 pm
Lol, I am already feeling the pinch....what with Air Canada going belly-up (how exactly does a monopoly go belly-up anyhow) and SARS in Toronto, my catering biz is slooowwww....was thinking of a new name for "Saddam International Airport"....how about "Starbucks?"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 10:14 pm
O, and expedia is our travel site of choice Wink
0 Replies