Best Friend & 2 yr old daughter in car accident Critical Con

Noddy24

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 09:23 pm
Katie--

I'm glad something good is coming out of this mess--and delighted to hear that you know a lousy lover can learn to be a good daddy.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 10:28 pm
Hi,Katie !!! That is a serious brace,but you must wearit 'til tour neck heals. If the foam padding ever makes you itch,just powder your neck w/cornstarch
to keep away any irritation. Sounds like Keely
is really progressing. I know you're excited about her getting out of the hospital. Will her rehab be in-patient,or out-patient ?

lindatw
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 10:34 pm
Noddy,you and I were thinking alike,about the powder. I'd go more for cornstarch though,'cause it has no fragrance that can irritate sweatty skin.

lindatw
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:21 am
she'll have in-patient care
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:30 am
oh her father never showed up to see her last night so im pretty heated becuz he hasn't seen her since her eyes have been open.
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:52 am
So,I'm sitting here reading my discharge papers from the hospital....Patient is a 20 yr old english speaking F. s/p MVA,unrestraint passenger,ejected from car,on airbag deployment.GCS 13 at scene.Admitting diagnosis includes CHI,right superior and inferior pubic rami fracture,repeat x-rays post ambulation reveal no shift,occipital condyle fracture minimally displaced,deep right hand laceration with injury to middle finger extensor tendon with repair and removal of foreign body on 9/30/05,multiple facial,hand,knee,buttock lacerations,facial lacerations cleaned and sutured,mild C2-C3 anterolistesis,cervical spine ligamentous injury per MRI,no traumatic cord injury.......so i don't know what half those words mean but I'm gunna be ok so whatever....
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:02 am
Katie:It's good news that you've been discharged to go home. From what you've posted,your discharge sheet{s} just say that your head,face,hand,and neck were cut, shaken,jolted,and put slightly out of line for a
while,but they will heal in good time. Between the lines it says that you are a blessed.lucky lady,to have no spinal damage or paralysis from being thrown out of the vehicle. Did the doctors say which of your injuries were caused by the airbag
opening,and which were caused by the wreck and your being thrown from the car? Sometimes those airbags can hurt as much as they help.
Your ex is a whole other matter. At least he's taken some interest in his daughter,but he needs to put his own issues aside and assume equal responsibility for her. I don't know about your state,
but from my experience working in the medical billing and collection field,your ex is equally resposible for paying for her care,if he's at least 18.
If he's not 18 yet,then his parents could be held financially responsible. That's one way he can be forced to live up to his responsibilities to his daughter. I know Keely's well-being has to come first, but her dad has to grow up now,and do what he needs to do.
lindatw
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:07 am
no they didn't say which injuries where caused by the airbag...i know he needs to grow up lol everyone knows that.I just talked to him he says the bus broke down but he's always been a liar so I don't believe anything he says anymore.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:24 am
Katie--

Grim fact of life--half a daddy is better than none.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:48 am
Katie: Is that Keely's picture ? How cute !

lindatw
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 12:00 pm
yah she was so little back then haha
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 12:01 pm
if you go to http://www.myspace.com/12556183 and scroll down there are more recent pics of her.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 12:22 pm
best friend....
Very Happy Keely is adorable. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Her expression makes her look like she's always plotting and planning something Exclamation

lindatw
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 12:37 pm
funny you should say that becuz most of the time she is plotting and planning something.
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 12:24 pm
Went up to the hospital again last night.I walked in and her father was there sitting her up playing with a toy,as soon as she saw me she said mama and i almost died then she started crying and reaching for me to take her out but i couldn't so it sucked!She's off the morphine now so she'll be going to the rehab center as soon as they have an opening on a bed.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 06:53 am
Hi Katie, Thanks for posting the update. I know it must be hard not being able to hold her. It sounds like she's making good progress. Keep smiling, she needs you to be strong. I'm happy for you that she'll be transferred to rehab soon. Continued best wishes to both of you as you continue to recover.

How are you doing in your own recovery?
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 10:11 am
I got to hold her!it felt great.i just talked to my mom shes at the hospital w/her they brought her to the play room and she was playing with puzzles and using crayons,but now shes fast asleep on my dad like old times.I'm doing.....eh....ok It's annoying the hell out of me being like this but i cant do anything about it so i have to deal with it!
0 Replies

Criple Katie

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 10:00 am
She's getting moved to the rehab hospital today!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 10:04 am
Man, I love this thread!

More good news every day!

(((HUG)))
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 07:56 pm
Katie: Hooray !! Keely's in the rehab now !! Great !!
Have the doctors given you a length of time for her to be in there ? Will you be given any tasks to do with her at home when she's discharged ? Did she have much trouble stepping down off the morphine ? I bet when she goes home,you guys will throw the biggest welcome home party ever seen !!!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 05:44:11