Best Friend & 2 yr old daughter in car accident Critical Con

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:54 pm
And if determining on the scene whether or not there are minor injuries in a wreck like this is "standard procedure" I'd hate to be helped by these guys.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:54 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Crazie said that they told the media she had minor injuries. In a car wreck this bad, you don't just take people out of the car and deem them fine. You strap them to a board in case there are internal injuries. Especially a baby who can't tell you if they hurt. "Minor Inuries" are like a scratch in a fender bender. Not a crash where someone flies out of the vehicle. In a case like this, wouldn't they say "no comment, we don't know yet"?

I agree with Bella Here.... they told the media their condtions at the site of the accident.... just so it could make the 5 o;clock news in the morning....
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:11 pm
Did they transfer the baby to Boston Children's? If so, she will get the best possible care. It is a wonderful hospital and considered the best in the US for pediatric care.

Not sure where they might have originally gone…South Shore Hospital? I don't like them at all. My husband was brought in by ambulance because he was hurt playing softball - the firemen/EMTs he was playing with thought he might have kidney or other internal injuries. He waited 4 hours in the emergency room before being seen. If she is at Quincy - I know the head nurse there.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:14 pm
EMTs don't talk to the media when they're treating patients. I went back to the link on page one, and the "they" is a 'she' and it wasn't one of the emt's, it was a police spokesman.

There is no indication that the child didn't get proper medical treatment and from what I've heard so far, it sounds like everything was done right with respect to the child. Whether or not to tell the mother is a different issue and one that isn't easily made. I'm sure the medical staff is in agreement with the decision for the benefit of the mom. Otherwise, they would be sure to tell her.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:16 pm
i hope so.
i just try to imagine myself in that place..
a mom.. my child out of my sight and not knowing anything.
I am not sure how I would take that..
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:20 pm
It is difficult to say. The mom is probably in shock and drugged up. She is probably not capable of making the best decisions at this point in time.

I know myself, and I probably would want to know how my baby was doing, however, it may not be in my best interest seeing I need much care too. Knowing may only cause more issues with her care and what could the mom do at this point any way. As long as she has some one (grandmom) that is highly capable of taking care of the baby's best interest - it is probably better than the mom going into hysterics.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:26 pm
Linkat wrote:
Did they transfer the baby to Boston Children's? If so, she will get the best possible care. It is a wonderful hospital and considered the best in the US for pediatric care.

Not sure where they might have originally gone…South Shore Hospital? I don't like them at all. My husband was brought in by ambulance because he was hurt playing softball - the firemen/EMTs he was playing with thought he might have kidney or other internal injuries. He waited 4 hours in the emergency room before being seen. If she is at Quincy - I know the head nurse there.

They took all three of them to Boston Medical Center... and then transfered the little one to childrens.... even though we all live right near south shore... but the injuries were that bad... I know she will do good in Childrens though... they know what they are doing for sure...
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:31 pm
J_B wrote:
EMTs don't talk to the media when they're treating patients. I went back to the link on page one, and the "they" is a 'she' and it wasn't one of the emt's, it was a police spokesman.

There is no indication that the child didn't get proper medical treatment and from what I've heard so far, it sounds like everything was done right with respect to the child. Whether or not to tell the mother is a different issue and one that isn't easily made. I'm sure the medical staff is in agreement with the decision for the benefit of the mom. Otherwise, they would be sure to tell her.

From being this close to it and knowing what is going on.... the police spoke with the emts, and they said the baby had minor injuries.....

Nobody could tell... and it is actually better this way because the mother watches the news and thinks the baby is all right... with the condtion the mother is in right now it wouldn't do any good to tell her at all.... she can't do anything about it.. she is stuck in a bed lying on her back... I am sure they will tell her when she recovers a little bit more... right now the grandmother is concentrating on the baby....
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:32 pm
Linkat wrote:
It is difficult to say. The mom is probably in shock and drugged up. She is probably not capable of making the best decisions at this point in time.

That is 100% true right now... maybe tomorrow but not today...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:32 pm
Best to you and your friends, CL (hell, they're our friends, too; your people are our people, know what I mean?).

Hoping for a fast and complication-free recovery for all.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:39 pm
jespah wrote:
Best to you and your friends, CL (hell, they're our friends, too; your people are our people, know what I mean?).

Hoping for a fast and complication-free recovery for all.

Thank you very much Jespah
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 03:03 pm
Seems odd that the media would have stated that the injuries were minor if they were being transported further. But I am glad to see the baby is at childrens - if the unfortunate happens to your child that is the place to be. I know a few friends who their children have been to children's and they can't say enough about the hospital, doctors and nurses.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 04:07 pm
Good news the baby should be fine.. she is doing really good now
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 04:16 pm
I'm glad that the baby's recovery is official, now.

Was she in a child seat?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 05:50 pm
phew!
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 06:57 pm
Best friend and 2 year old daughter....
Very Happy C.L.: Glad to know your friends and the baby are better. What a
nightmare Exclamation Everybody is young and should heal well.

Best thoughts to your friends,
lindatw
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 07:39 pm
CL, I wasn't trying to bust your chops about who said what to whom. I was just trying to reassure you that it seemed the baby was getting proper medical attention. I'm glad to hear you've gotten good news. I hope the mom is doing better also.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 08:33 pm
Just 9 short weeks ago 6 popular highschool teenage boys were driving to the home of where two brothers (in the car) lived, 3 mins before they reached their destination they lost control of their car and hit a tree
4 of the boys died instantly including one of the brothers, the other 2 were in critical condition, touch and go, but they managed to pull through, with horrific everlasting injuries.

No parent should have to endure the loss of a child, but my best friend did, as she is the mother to the 2 brothers in the car...her beautiful son would have turned 17yrs old a week after the accident...thank god she did not lose her other. Sad

So your best friend and her little one were very lucky, Im glad,
best wishes to them both-a speedy recovery.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 12:54 pm
Well that babies brain pressure was at a 17, then it went down to a 13 but now it is back up to a 15... I don't know what all of this means, but I am sure it's not the best of news

But my friend is up and moving more now, they are making her walk and having her sit up in a chair.. she can call me on the phone again also and get up to use the bathroom.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 02:16 pm
I assume she knows by now that the baby is at another hospital?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:15:28