Best Friend & 2 yr old daughter in car accident Critical Con

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 10:41 am
Bella Dea wrote:
If I were your friend, I would be rasing holy hell at that hospital for treating my child without consulting or notifying me. Especially since they are allowing her to take phone calls and she is coherant enough for that.

My friends mother is with the baby and I think that she has my friend convinced that everything is ok... if she didn't think that she would be flipping out and I know that.... they are trying to make it so she has a good recovery and not letting her worry... I don't agree, I think she should know... but there is nothing I can do, it is not my place to interfer
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 10:46 am
She's your best friend. I'd say something. What if, god forbid, something happens to that baby? It's not my place to say anything, but I think as the best friend, you should interfere.

Hopefully, god willing, everything turns out ok and everyone recovers without so much as a bad memory but what if that doesn't happen? I think the mother should be 100% aware of whats going on. But that's just my opinion and it really doesn't matter.

What matters is that everyone gets better.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 10:49 am
how did your friends mom get there so fast? Is she the power of attorney over the child? I mean.. she would have to be actually.. because she couldnt give an ok to treat the child. Only the mother can do that. I.. as her firend.. would be worried shitless for her child in that situation. It has to be stressful on them all. I would wonder about those doctors. I mean, she can answer the phone but cant give consent to her childs care? She can have visitors , but cant learn about her childs situation? oh no.. somethings isnt right there. I feel for that family. That must be a hard position to be in.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 10:50 am
:-(
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 10:51 am
I know, I want to tell her... but I just don't have the heart.. everytime I talk to her It is about to come off my tongue but I feel as though her family may get mad at me... I am sure if it was that life threatening they would tell her, I hope.. but if they did tell her, she still wouldn't be able to see her and it would make her recovery worse
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 10:55 am
i still think something isnt right.

if she is able to have people with her, and talk on the phone, she should know what is going on with her child. I dont know a doctor in the world who wouldnt tell a mother about her kid if she / and the child were in the hospital.

they would need to know back ground, med allergies, possible infections, health problems..
Confused
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 10:58 am
But the grandmother knows all that info
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:11 pm
Ok, I heard the baby is sedated but she is responding to voices and movement
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:13 pm
Calm is what is going to get everyone through this.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:14 pm
Something is very peculiar here.

The news media gets its facts from the hospital spokesperson and the hospital spokesperson has a great deal of interest in telling the exact truth.

Having a bruised (swollen) brain is not ideal, but it isn't necessarily a fatal condition, either. Exactly who says that the brain swelling is life-threatening or likely to leave the baby mentally retarded?

If the mother is scheduled for surgery, she's undoubtedly tranquilized. I don't know her injuries, but at the very least she's hooked up to an I.V. and otherwise immobilized.

Papers given permission to treat the child were signed by someone--mother, grandmother, district magistrate--when the child was admitted.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:19 pm
Is the child's father in the picture? Perhaps he's making the medical decisions.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:22 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Something is very peculiar here.

The news media gets its facts from the hospital spokesperson and the hospital spokesperson has a great deal of interest in telling the exact truth.

Having a bruised (swollen) brain is not ideal, but it isn't necessarily a fatal condition, either. Exactly who says that the brain swelling is life-threatening or likely to leave the baby mentally retarded?

If the mother is scheduled for surgery, she's undoubtedly tranquilized. I don't know her injuries, but at the very least she's hooked up to an I.V. and otherwise immobilized.

Papers given permission to treat the child were signed by someone--mother, grandmother, district magistrate--when the child was admitted.

The hospital hasn't spoken with the media....

I am sure the grandmother had permission to look after the baby....

The aunt(in law) told me about the baby's condition
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:22 pm
J_B wrote:
Is the child's father in the picture? Perhaps he's making the medical decisions.

Father is not in the picture at all.... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:28 pm
The link to the article you gave crazielady said the baby was going to be all right. Not that the media always get things right, but perhaps the information you got from the aunt (in law) is not completely accurate.

I would also guess that the grandmother has permission. My parents watch my children often and they have the authority to make sure appropriate medical treatment is given.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:33 pm
Linkat wrote:
The link to the article you gave crazielady said the baby was going to be all right. Not that the media always get things right, but perhaps the information you got from the aunt (in law) is not completely accurate.

I would also guess that the grandmother has permission. My parents watch my children often and they have the authority to make sure appropriate medical treatment is given.

The article was wrong, when they got her from the car they thought she was fine and told reporters she had minor injuries... when they examined her at the hospital they realized her brain was swollen and the immediately transfered her to another hospital.... and by the time the media called the first hospital they just said she was no longer there, ao they assumed she was fine.... We talked to more family member
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:37 pm
I would sue the hell outta the EMT's that screwed this up. Any accident should be treated like everything is wrong. They should never have thought she was "fine" until they strapped her to a little board and transported her to the hospital for tests to determine head trauma or broken back/neck.

I am furious with the way this appears to be being handled. I can say with much certainty that I am glad I don't live where you live....they'd probably have killed me by now with all the doctor visits I've had.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:40 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I would sue the hell outta the EMT's that screwed this up. Any accident should be treated like everything is wrong. They should never have thought she was "fine" until they strapped her to a little board and transported her to the hospital for tests to determine head trauma or broken back/neck.

I am furious with the way this appears to be being handled. I can say with much certainty that I am glad I don't live were you live....they'd probably have killed me by now with all the doctor visits I've had.

Yea I am pretty upset.... reporters are like vulchers though and they always mess everything up....

I was ready to spaz at the docs. yesterday tho
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:40 pm
Just keep thinking good thoughts, CL. If they transferred her to a different hospital it's because she needed more care than they could provide. She's where she needs to be now.

As far as telling the mom, I'd hold off for now. The folks at the hospital are probably talking to the medical staff and taking their advice. The baby is getting excellent care, the mother can't get to her at this point. Sometimes things don't seem 'right' but no one is keeping information from your friend in order to be vicious. I know you think she should know about her child, and perhaps she should, but for now I'd suggest going with the wishes of the family.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:46 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

I am furious with the way this appears to be being handled. I can say with much certainty that I am glad I don't live where you live....they'd probably have killed me by now with all the doctor visits I've had.

Did I miss something? I was under the impression that the baby was transported to the hospital where they determined her injuries were more severe than originally thought and she was then transferred out for intensive care. This sounds like standard procedures to me.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 12:50 pm
Crazie said that they told the media she had minor injuries. In a car wreck this bad, you don't just take people out of the car and deem them fine. You strap them to a board in case there are internal injuries. Especially a baby who can't tell you if they hurt. "Minor Inuries" are like a scratch in a fender bender. Not a crash where someone flies out of the vehicle. In a case like this, wouldn't they say "no comment, we don't know yet"?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 05:11:04