what a great day!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,700 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:09 am
and now ladies and gentleman the bushco dancing gerbil circus will perform... Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:13 am
<dancing a jig>

It's nice to see things actually catch up to evil people.

I've hated him for a long time but when I found out about his connections to abramoff, money laundering, and murder, well, I can't tell you how happy this makes me...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:14 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
<dancing a jig>

I've hated him for a long time but when I found out about his connections to abramoff, money laundering, and murder, well, I can't tell you how happy this makes me...

Cycloptichorn

If things really caught up with evil people Hillary would be doing time for the Rose Law Firm file thefts.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:16 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
and now ladies and gentleman the bushco dancing gerbil circus will perform... Laughing

and they aren't gerbils...we now use gophers Laughing .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:17 am
Sturgis wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
<dancing a jig>

Cycloptichorn

If things really caught up with evil people Hillary would be doing time for the Rose Law Firm file thefts.

but she isn't , and your honey is toast. btw I prefer to refer to the gopher as the petsmart girth stretcher Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:50 am
and the good times keep rolling...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=anM.DHkPQl.M&refer=us
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:52 am
That's great news. Like the old saying goes 'what goes around comes around'.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:52 pm
But looks like such a nice man!

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/09/28/delay.investigation.ap/story.vert.delay.ap.file.jpg
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:10 pm
And he is too. (just has a few difficulties with honesty...but so do most politicians.)
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:15 pm
OMFG! The everybody does it defense. Dude, that is soooooooooo lame.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:24 pm
Chrissee wrote:
OMFG! The everybody does it defense. Dude, that is soooooooooo lame.

It is more a matter of pointing out that if a little digging is done the halls of Congress will soon go silent as everyone is carted off to jail.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:30 pm
Then by all means, let's do it.

But anyone who blames a tsunami on the religion of the victims can't be all bad.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:31 pm
Sheesh, fine with me. The whole lot of 'em are corrupt and in the pockets of Big Business.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:34 pm
His guilt is of no great matter, this is usable to bring about the finger pointing at all incumbent republicans as graftees, crooks and dressed with all matters dishonest. I certainly plan on doing this soon and often. This is what I love about "politics as usual," also known as the D.C. Circle Jerk. It's what got DeLay elected in the first place.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:39 pm
belay Delay and lay him low. The sucker lived by being an asshole and I hope he lands hard.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:43 pm
I'm all for cleaning house on both sides of the aisle.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:50 pm
J_B wrote:
I'm all for cleaning house on both sides of the aisle.

You really want those farging bastiches back in your home town? I say keep them in D.C. (with a barbedwire fence around it for the duration of their terms on office with parole to positions of lobbyists/consultants to each other) We have enough problems with the petty criminals in city and local government as it is, we don't need or want the professional bastards back in our community. Yes re-elect Tom Delay and let the texans sweep their own streets without the scum of the nation picking their pockets up close and personal.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 04:14 pm
You would think the Spin-Doctors and Damage Controllers responsible for providing the much needed media life support for this Adminstration would be about ready to throw in the towel. To pull the plug and put this Adminstration out of its misery. But....

...you would be wrong.

And first out of the gate to run to Delay's defense and put a dizzying amount of spin on the charges is none other than Republican mouthpiece Fox News.

If you were in charge of a News Organization and you received an AP wire announcing the House Majority Leader was stepping down because of conspiracy charges, how would your headline read? Maybe.....

"Indicted Majority Leader Steps Down"

or how about....

"Delay Resigns After Indictment"

or maybe even....

"Delay Indicted On Consiracy Charges: Steps Down As Majority Leader"

Well, not if you're FOX. Click on over to their website and you will see the following headline:

"'I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG'
House Majority Leader Tom DeLay vows to fight indictment"

Oh, but it gets better. Reading the story you will find very little about the indictment or what caused it. But what you will find is plenty of quotes from Delay and his buddies. Check out the "Fair & Balanced" coverage of this story:

There is an astonding 5 distinct and separate quotes from Delay defending himself. There is 1 quote from Roy Blunt defending Delay. 2 quotes from Trent Lott defending Delay. 1 quote from Delay's attorney defending Delay. 2 quotes from John Carter defending Delay. 2 quotes from Ileana Lehitinen defending Delay. And finally, 2 quotes from Delay's Spokesperson Kevin Madden defending Delay.

All-in-all, that makes 15 quotes from six different Republicans defending Delay in this breaking story.

How many quotes were in the story from Democrats supporting the indictment? I'm glad you asked....

TWO!

Guess we can see where the Republican spin-machine is going to take this story. Before the ink has even dried on the indictment we have Republicans screaming witchhunt. Republicans! Republicans of all people! Aren't these the same people who IMPEACHED one of the country's most popular presidents on blowjob charges?
0 Replies

RichNDanaPoint

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 06:14 pm
Couldn't have happened to a nicer man Smile
0 Replies