The Amazing Race--Family Version

Roberta

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 02:07 pm
The US of A certainly has some spectacular scenery. And the scenery has become the most compelling aspect of the show.

What a lost season this has been. I'm hoping that the producers wise up and send the next race around the world--where it belongs.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:30 am
Well I haven't been watching and just found out the religious mom & kid family won. Don't really care either way, I had lost interest a while back. Shame, since this is (was) my favorite TV show. If they keep on the same track for the next episode then I'll stop watching altogether.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:18 pm
Heeven, You're telling the winner? I'm still watching. I wish you hadn't done that.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:43 pm
Umm, I just googled it and the Amazing Race is not finished yet. I was sure I overheard something on TV about the religious family winning but maybe they just came in first at the last pit-stop?

Disregard my earlier post. I don't know what I'm talking about.
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 10:31 am
It's down to the final 3 of the Linz family (3 brothers and a sister), the Bransen family (father and 3 daughters) and the Weaver family (mom, 2 daughters and a son), and my vote continues to be as it has been throughout for the Bransen family. They've consistently showed more class than the other times and very little of the bickering that's plagued almost every other team. I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that it'll be the perennial underdog Weaver family that will prevail.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:53 pm
I thought that Heeven had revealed the final winner (see above), so I almost didn't watch the finale.

I was rooting for the Bransons. Not glad that the Linzes won. C'est la vie.

I'm hoping that the next edition will revert to form. Pairs traveling the world.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 01:07 pm
My heart was in my mouth because I didn't want the Weavers to win! Especially since I opened my trap above.

I was rooting for the Bransons and imagined, at the end of the race, that the crowd might leave before the Weavers arrived. Is that mean?

It just got so tiring cringing every time the Weavers would bad-mouth and spew hatred for the other teams and beg God for help for the most minor of things - a map, directions, getting to the next clue. If I was at all religious, I would be mortified to have this family represent my Christian faith and not live up to what they preached about godliness. You don't have to get along with everyone but it was so dissappointing seeing them bitching about people one second and then praying to god for guidance in the next breath. Shame on them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 05:54 pm
Heeven I was mortified. The claim they are Christians, but they certainly did not act Christian. They preach about being Christian and then judge all the others - calling them names and wishing bad things upon them.

I am not unhappy the Lintz won, but would have preferred the Bransens.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:12 pm
Heeven, I absolve you of your "sin." (Just thought I'd keep things in the religious vein.) And I'm glad you were wrong.)

The Weavers were astonishing in their hypocrisy. The Bransons really were an admirable family.
0 Replies