United States currency controversy [Racist apparently]

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 05:56 am
WASHINGTON D.C., USA -- A complaint brought about on Saturday by a collaboration of minority rights groups claimed United States currency does not reflect the true diversity of the American people.

The joint statement issued by this collaborative group effort demanded seeing currency printed with “prominent historical figures from the African-American, Asian-American, or Hispanic-American community.” A definitive time frame was not included in the statement but did say it would like to see the changes “in the near future.”

CNN

and why call it the "White House" isnt that a little racist?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,096 • Replies: 14
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 06:07 am
You are right. Just because it is painted white is no reason to call it "The White House". Let's call it the "Rainbow House" and paint that sucker the colors of the rainbow.

And while we are at it, why is our paper money green? I want to see a more racially diverse color of money. I want white, black, brown, red and yellow money. Of course, that would require a good deal of thought, because the politically correct people may have objections if the one dollar bill was red while the $100 bill was white. Talk about prejudicial thinking.

Seriously though, I don't think there would be a thing wrong with printing currency with the picture of a prominent black person on it. I'm all for replacing Hamilton with Frederick Douglass. So I'm with them on that one.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 06:27 am
Re: United States currency controversy [Racist apparently]
freedom4free wrote:
WASHINGTON D.C., USA -- A complaint brought about on Saturday by a collaboration of minority rights groups claimed United States currency does not reflect the true diversity of the American people.

The joint statement issued by this collaborative group effort demanded seeing currency printed with "prominent historical figures from the African-American, Asian-American, or Hispanic-American community." A definitive time frame was not included in the statement but did say it would like to see the changes "in the near future."

CNN

and why call it the "White House" isnt that a little racist?

YIKES.

These people obviously have too much time on their hands. Must be a good batch of herion or something. If you look at something long enough, it is amazing what the mind can see.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 07:55 am
The article is fake.

a) Note the address information prior to cnn.com.
b) No name given for interest group throughout article.
c) Clearly public statements not attributed to sources.
d) Short length of article.

Proof
http://www.watchblog.com/republicans/archives/002731.html
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:07 am
I am on record as being in favor of depicting monkeys on our currency.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:41 am
Someone always needs something to complain about. Should we paint the statue of liberty black? Or white? Or....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:49 am
This really is a produced and fake report.

Posted on a website, which describes it's pupose as follows:

Quote:
This is writewing.ORG

We launched in mid 2005 with the purpose of supporting Western Civilization to the greatest extent possible. Why? Because Western Civilization is at a turning point in the history of mankind, beset everywhere possible. The assimilation process for immigrants from Asia, Africa, and Latin America has gone horrendously wrong in Western nations. Now, immigrants are encouraged to retain their culture from their former country in the name of honoring 'diversity' and 'tolerance'. The demographics of Western countries are shifting rapidly. Birth rates have plummeted to extreme lows, compared with the number of births for immigrants from Asia, Africa, and Latin America. The "Doctrine of Multiculturalism" and "Thesis of Political Correctness" silence opposition to the problem, labeling those who fight back in this undeclared War on Western Civilization a bigot, a nativist, or even a racist. All this does is silence the legitimate concerns. Put the puzzle together. The unarmed invasion of alien cultures into Western Civilization is happening. Only at our peril will we ignore the nightmarish consequences unless we act.

If the trend continues, Western Civilization may be displaced.

Therefore, writewing.ORG has surfaced. We are another soldier on the front lines in this War on Western Civilization. Our goal is to keep you informed and updated on current events that are of extreme importance.
Source
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:53 am
Thank god.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:37 am
Right Wingers faking CNN pages to further their own agenda?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:43 am
CNN copyrights their web site, isn't this web page writewing.org illegal?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:44 am
I would think so.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:05 am
I am really sorry about this thread, i didn't know it was a fake article, i got fooled. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:01 am
Don't be sorry, your link is very interesting although not for the reasons you intended. It will be interesting to see who writewing.org is, what their intent was, and what CNN will do about this.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:09 am
freedom4free wrote:
I am really sorry about this thread, i didn't know it was a fake article, i got fooled. Embarrassed

Don't worry...even CNN got fooles
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:56 am
It's good to know about nutbars like this. Probably some sort of connection with loonies at stormfront.
0 Replies