Husker in hospital

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 05:58 pm
Don't tarry, Husker, better to be aggressive, I think.

They toyed? Did the people who 'toyed' know your history?

Speak up for yourself!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 05:20 pm
Geez! How many years has it been now?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:04 pm
Wondering how Husker's doing today...

(A2K sure went down at an inconvenient time for him!)
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 09:28 pm
doing well - fever stopped and we are self draining excessive fluid build-up
swelling down some -
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 09:33 pm
Good.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 11:49 pm
Missed this whole thing from the beginning. Glad to hear you're doing better now. Hang in, kid.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 12:53 am
THERE you are!

Glad to hear it's under control. (crossing fingers)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 09:12 am
As I understood , this was all the result of a bacterial infection you got while doing work in Central America? isnt there a typology that the docs can pull up from blood and cultures? This seems to be taking waay longer than is good for you.

I have very little use for most physicians, they are not creative "get to the bottom of this" kind of people. They like eternal medication, noting too invasive and , for Gods sake, dont dig too deeply into the case history.

ANgry at docs, wishing YOU speedy recovery.
JLNobody

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 03:04 pm
Where in the world is Dr. House?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:40 pm
@farmerman,
bumps

went to the Doc today - they are pretty worried for me right now - I was told today if things got outta control I could die - I said YIKES!!! No way that gunna happen!!! then that doc went and got another Doc to check things out. Seems they think my leg is a bit bigger than usual.

So any ways the upped some of my meds today.

The situation is I have missed a few days a work, hence why i been hanging around being a pest here and there. My foot and leg been hurting like heLL like on a scale of one to ten at times a 9 and difficult to walk cause it feels like i got some pencils under by foot that are not really there - dont matter if i have a shoe on or not and yesterday it started to feel like my toes were bruised and all and when i bump things it feels like someone is trying to full my toenails.

Now the really scary thing is my other leg and foot is starting to go numb and it aint even swollen and my ankle been feeling constrained for about 2 weeks now (no I never told the family this yet).

SO anyway I am on high alert now and on more meds and aww what else - I don't remember at the moment - sorry - just a crappy day and life the past couple years, hey but on the bright side it is one more day than yesterday.
alex240101

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:46 pm
@husker,
Just found this thread. My best wishes husker.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:47 pm
DAMN, This is almost 2 years later. I really hope they have a firm handle on your infection and are able to bring it down. Is this still related to your Central AMerica work?.

Are your spirits good ?
husker

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:54 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah still related to the work I did in Mexico - and the handle on the situation is the daily antibiotics and loads of water pills.

Mmmmm my spirit comes and goes like a waves on a body of water - in the end I am I fighter but that don't mean I get tired and frustrated.
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:55 pm
@husker,
Back when this thread first started I never saw it, but I see now that prayers were requested from those inclined to pray. Well, I am a great believer in the power of prayer, and please know that prayers are offered for a speedy, accurate diagnosis, effective treatment, and your healing and comfort.
Izzie

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:55 pm
@husker,
oh husker

hugs for you.

x
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:56 pm
@Foxfyre,
thank you Foxfyre - much appreciated

fyi I do believe in the power of prayer
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 04:37 pm
@husker,
Feel better, kiddo.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 06:13 pm
@jespah,
Frustrating and tough to deal with, Husker.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 06:38 pm
@husker,
That's a long time to be dealing with the same problem, fella. Hoping you can hang in there. I can understand tough medical stuff, as personally had a cancer scare many years back. Had to stay positive for the family.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:16 pm
@husker,
STILL??? Geez, Husker!

Of course I'll say a prayer, but God must be getting really tired of hearing about this by now.

(((HUGS)))