divorced...how about a license

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 02:46 pm
i am fifteen and it is really hard for my mom and I to get around to places, especially since i'm in highschool. I heard that you could get a license at the age of fifteen, but I still want to know about this so called "hardship license."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,686 • Replies: 8
No top replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 02:56 pm
Driver's licenses are granted by the state. Look of the department of motor vehicles, or Secretary of State for your state and see if a 'hardship license' is available in your state.

This would be for the US only. I have no idea where to send you if you are not in the US.

Good luck!
0 Replies

extremenoob

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 05:37 pm
Don't worry, I live in Texas.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 05:50 pm
"Don't worry, I live in Texas." Now, that is a thought to ponder.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:14 pm
Right at the moment, everyone I know who lives in Texas, and most of them are here on A2K, are worrying a great deal.
0 Replies

extremenoob

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 12:02 pm
Is there a problem with living in texas and a hardship license?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 01:11 pm
Check the Texas Motor Vehicle Code.

I live in Pennsylvania and have a vague impression that a "hardship license" can be issued when a driver's regular license has been suspended because s/he needs to get back and forth to work.

The driver with a hardship license is allowed very limited driving.

I don't think an underage driver qualifies for a hardship license.

Why can't your mother drive?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 02:44 pm
I have heard of the kind of license noob is talking about. It's granted in cases where there is no adult who is able to drive in the household -- father deceased/absent, mother disabled or the like-- and usually the adult has to be in the car for the license to be valid. So if the question is, Can I get a license at 15 and drive around with my friends? the answer is, probably not.

I think here in Washington state you can get a license at 15-1/2 if you've taken driver's ed... but it's still restricted.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 03:46 pm
I Googled and found this site which I have not read closely:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/driver_licensing_control/graduateddriver.htm

Exceptions seem to be made in some cases.
0 Replies