Kiss-innale

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 12:06 pm
http://217.204.10.75/img_bg/22126.jpg
Sharing a kiss in support of the arts

Venice: 23-24 September 2005

Part of the Venice Biennale Live Art and Theatre season, Kiss-innale is a peculiar live art event at Media Culture in Giudecca that celebrates kissing with the help of real people and real dental procedures.

Dressed in dental outfits, London artist Charlie Murphy and her assistants encourage couples or groups to contribute to the project by kissing. Dental casting material is spooned into their mouths and they are asked to hold their pose for one minute until it has set. Each mould captures a different way of kissing, which is later transformed into a sensual glass sculpture, creating a unique expression of desire.

Kiss-innale is realised in collaboration with Nuova Icona and the sculptures are being created as part of a future multimedia installation.

Related Information:
Charlie Murphy Website
Nuova Icona Website

[source: "Student Travel Information & Discounts"]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 609 • Replies: 2
No top replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 01:36 am
Ewww, this is one art project I pass even if it is for a worthy cause, I think.
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:48 am
A cast of a kiss evokes about as much sensuality as a cadaver's heart evokes romance. The only aspect of Kiss-inale that is genuine is its deep silliness. Count me out, please!
0 Replies