Dr. Phil Gets Scolded!

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:55 am
Dr. Phil was asked to speak at an obesity forum hosted by Maria Shriver. The New York Post's Liz Smith said Dr. Phil accepted the invite on the condition that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger introduce him. But things got a little busy, and Arnold couldn't make it. Dr. Phil got pouty and refused to speak. Shriver apologized. Then Phil asked to go to the bathroom, but balked when he learned it was a public toilet, saying he required a private one. Shriver, a Kennedy, and therefore American royalty, apparently felt she had enough standing to scold him: "My 7-year-old doesn't act the way you do," she said. Good on you, girl! Cowed and bowed, Phil gave his speech. How the man can now go on and admonish the rest of us to play nice in life's sandbox, we do not know.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/magazine/daily/12707599.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,155 • Replies: 2
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:51 am
If you can get the TV version of Imus morning show on MSNBC, I'd urge you to check it out. Imus, who looks a lot like an anorexic Katherine Hepburn with a cowboy hat, is grumpy, sharptongued, et al. But he does have a recurring guest who dresses up like Dr. Phil, and makes me laugh out loud. On the east coast, Imus starts at 6 A.M. and runs to 9. I think his radio show is longer and probably has less commercials. But if you don't mind spending some time in a junior high school locker room, sometimes those guys can be very funny. If they had a emblem for the show, it would probalby be a circle with PC and a big black slashmark across the sign.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:53 am
I have questioned Maria's judgment ever since she married a philandering oaf. She knows she's married to an unfaithful, bumbling idiot, yet she remains married to him. She might have the tenacity to scold Dr. Phil, but she falls short when it comes to straightening out her own husband.
0 Replies