Why American Car Companies Suck

BillyFalcon

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 07:21 pm
Purchased:

'85 Dodge Caravan, 4 cyl. It had to pull a Heavy 4 Winns powerboat. It was too small an engine for the task. It had 80,000 miles when I traded it in for a new Dodge Caravan '89 6 cyl automatic Dodge Caravan. It pulled the boat fine. I drove it for 240,000 miles and gave it to my daughter. It fell apart three weeks later. I have never had problems with the engines or transmissions in any of these cars.
Our replacement for the '89 Caravan was a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. We also own a 1975 VW Cabrio - 90K. And a '96 Passat TDI (diesel) with 255,000 miles on it.)
I take care of my cars in a normal way.
Do other drivers do something to their cars that harms them?
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:21 pm
My last post, I gave a couple samples of my experience with American cars. Needless to say, they were very positive.
Most of our beliefs about cars emanate from Consumer Reports. If you get on Google and type "negative criticism CP," you'll get a different view.

Best example were the reviews - data, statistics - for the GEO Prism and the Toyota Corolla. Identical cars, made in the same factory, and the winner is ?? Corolla!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:14 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Overwhelming response to what? People throwing eggs at them? That guy is a tool and he deserved a good verbal thrashing by you.

By the way, how the hell did you know the sales numbers off the top of your head? You're like the chick from "My Cousin Vinny."

i am a real car geek...
i can even tell you how many inches the ford taurus back glass shrunk when they went to the 'oval' design..

it is almost ... pathetic.. Cool
0 Replies