A Bid to Repair a Presidency

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 09:46 am
au1929 wrote:
Brandon9000

No it was a response to the typical nonsence you spew. Wake up your hero is a dud.

How can you folks think that you're in the right when you typically are unable or unwilling even to respond to an argument with a counter-argument? I make a specific assertion, and you counter with the non-argument, "Wake up, your hero is a dud," which could be said about any human, living or dead. Is it really too difficult for you to give logic to support your ideas? If you are unable to defend your ideas, then it should be obvious that they're false.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 09:49 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Brandon9000

No it was a response to the typical nonsence you spew. Wake up your hero is a dud.

How can you folks think that you're in the right when you typically are unable or unwilling even to respond to an argument with a counter-argument? I make a specific assertion, and you counter with the non-argument, "Wake up, your hero is a dud," which could be said about any human, living or dead. Is it really too difficult for you to give logic to support your ideas? If you are unable to defend your ideas, then it should be obvious that they're false.

difference is that in the case of many people living or dead it wouldn't necessarily be true. :wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 09:49 am
Brandon
Brandon, if some people were really as smart as they think they are, they would have realized by now that most A2Kers are too bored by their predictable debates to engage in them.

Sadly, I guess it would never occur to them that they are boring---and predictable. Hard to choose between the two as the best reason for ignoring them.

BBB
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 09:51 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Brandon9000

difference is that in the case of many people living or dead it wouldn't necessarily be true. :wink:

Duh, that was my point. It wouldn't necessarily be true, and it isn't true about Bush either, but it's easy to say.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 09:54 am
Re: Brandon
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Brandon, if you were really as smart as you think you are, you would have realized by now that most A2Kers are too bored by your predictable debates to engage in them.

Sadly, I guess it would never occur to you that you are boring.

BBB

If person A posts an argument, and person B says, "I decline to answer you because you're an idiot," this has no significance other than the fact that B is forfeiting. More likely B declines to answer A because he can't and is covering it with bluster. Go ahead and post your wrong ideas, and run when they're challenged, but it's nothing to be proud of.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 09:58 am
Brandon9000
Poor Brandon nobody is willing to respond to him. People have responded to you on dozens of occasions. However, if you do not get the response you seek we hear the cry nobody is willing to respond. You remind me of the child who does not get to play picks up his ball and bat and goes home.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:02 am
We've seen the response that you give, Brandon, and it is lacking; not lacking in length per se, but lacking in intelligience and relevance.

You will undoubtedly notice that there exist a large body of conservative voices on A2K who regularly are engaged in productive debates with those on the opposite side of the fence; and yet not with you. Why is that, do you think?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:12 am
au1929 wrote:
Brandon9000
Poor Brandon nobody is willing to respond to him. People have responded to you on dozens of occasions. However, if you do not get the response you seek we hear the cry nobody is willing to respond. You remind me of the child who does not get to play picks up his ball and bat and goes home.

Whatever words you use to rationalize it, if someone posts an actual argument, and you respond with a wisecrack, you lose. You may cover it by saying that the person or the post is unworthy, but your claim of this or that motive in forfeiting is irrelevant.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:15 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
We've seen the response that you give, Brandon, and it is lacking; not lacking in length per se, but lacking in intelligience and relevance.

You will undoubtedly notice that there exist a large body of conservative voices on A2K who regularly are engaged in productive debates with those on the opposite side of the fence; and yet not with you. Why is that, do you think?

Cycloptichorn

People engage in productive debates with me too, and people refuse to answer people other than me. However, to play along with your nasty little game, I believe that many liberals don't like to debate with a conservative who beats them easily. No matter. If your opponent posts a real argument and you decline to answer, then in any fair scheme, you lose, regardless of what rationalization you choose.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:16 am
Quote:
Whatever words you use to rationalize it, if someone posts an actual argument, and you respond with a wisecrack, you lose.

I believe I have pinpointed your error; you see, there are no winners or losers on A2K. It isn't a competition to make the best argument, it is a discussion board.

Perhaps recognizing this fact will allow you to engage in a more relaxed style of discourse....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:16 am
Brandon
Brandon9000 wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Brandon9000

Whatever words you use to rationalize it, if someone posts an actual argument, and you respond with a wisecrack, you lose. You may cover it by saying that the person or the post is unworthy, but your claim of this or that motive in forfeiting is irrelevant.

Brandon, you are right! We lose! We lose the opportunity to be bored.

BBB
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:17 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Whatever words you use to rationalize it, if someone posts an actual argument, and you respond with a wisecrack, you lose.

I believe I have pinpointed your error; you see, there are no winners or losers on A2K. It isn't a competition to make the best argument, it is a discussion board.

Perhaps recognizing this fact will allow you to engage in a more relaxed style of discourse....

Cycloptichorn

Your assertion that there is not heated debate on this board, with people who wish to prevail, is false just on its surface.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:20 am
Re: Brandon
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Brandon9000

Brandon, you are right! We lose! We lose the opportunity to be bored.

BBB

No, you lose the argument. Your attack on me personally is merely smokescreen. The truth is just this simple: you can't argue with me successfully, so you claim you don't want to.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:20 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

People engage in productive debates with me too, and people refuse to answer people other than me. However, to play along with your nasty little game, I believe that many liberals don't like to debate with a conservative who beats them easily. No matter. If your opponent posts a real argument and you decline to answer, then in any fair scheme, you lose, regardless of what rationalization you choose.

Main Entry: ped·ant
Pronunciation: 'pe-d&nt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, from Italian pedante
1 obsolete : a male schoolteacher
2 a : one who makes a show of knowledge b : one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge c : a formalist or precisionist in teaching
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:25 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Main Entry: ped·ant
Pronunciation: 'pe-d&nt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, from Italian pedante
1 obsolete : a male schoolteacher
2 a : one who makes a show of knowledge b : one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge c : a formalist or precisionist in teaching

You, blue, would do almost anything rather than defend your ideas in a fair and dignified way. Instead you post irrelevancies. Next time just call through a megaphone, "I can't defend my opinions."
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:30 am
Quote:
Your assertion that there is not heated debate on this board, with people who wish to prevail, is false just on its surface.

Oh, it is no assertion sir, but base Fact.

It is a Fact that there has never been a winner or loser of any debate in the Politics forum. There is no objective judge, therefore, there can be declared no winner. This is not an assertion.

Not to mention the fact that your statement here bears no relation to mine:

Quote:

I said that there are no winners and losers of arguments here; not that people do not wish to win arguments and debates. You are living proof of that.

Try to keep arguments straighter in the future and you will do better.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:32 am
Cyclo make Brandon stop picking on me.... I'm going to cry.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:34 am

I have what I want. You fear to debate me on any level but childish name calling. That's actually a compliment.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:36 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Oh, it is no assertion sir, but base Fact.

It is a Fact that there has never been a winner or loser of any debate in the Politics forum. There is no objective judge, therefore, there can be declared no winner. This is not an assertion.

Not to mention the fact that your statement here bears no relation to mine:

Quote:

I said that there are no winners and losers of arguments here; not that people do not wish to win arguments and debates. You are living proof of that.

Try to keep arguments straighter in the future and you will do better.

Cycloptichorn

My point was that if people wish to prevail in an argument, but refuse to defend their ideas when they are challenged, then they lose in the sense that their opponent prevails.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 10:39 am
Brandon9000 wrote:

I have what I want. You fear to debate me on any level but childish name calling. That's actually a compliment.

I have told you on more than one occasion how much I greatly admire you. Do you now doubt my sincerity? Jeez, there's no pleasing you. You're a woman aren't you?
0 Replies