Bush asks Condi for permission to use bathroom

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 05:25 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bush stopped a Clinton administration proposal that would have reduced allowable levels by a factor of five, and allowed the current maximum to stay in force, while sending the issue back by for further research.

Incorrect.

In January 2001, near the end of President Clinton's term, the EPA published a new standard for arsenic in drinking water. The Safe Drinking Water Act would require public water supplies to reduce arsenic from the current standard of 50 ppb to 10 ppb by 2006--updating the 60-year-old standard. In March, the newly minted Bush Administration delayed the implementation of the new standard in order to assess its financial and technical impact. (An estimated $200 million would have had to be spent annually by utilities in order to comply.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 05:34 am
squinney wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Yeah, fair enough Squinney.

I DO understand.

Howsabout it ain't good to focus such hate on someone???

He's just a poor, bare, forked animal, like the rest of us. Hating someone, and focusing on that person/group is bad for us.

...Though it is easy to hate people who one believes is doing such bad stuff in the world, I know. But he ain't the devil, any more than Clinton was!!!

I know the feelings of helplessness make one very angry, when one feels really bad stuff is being done, and that it will be so hard to repair....

Thanks, Dr. Buns. You're right.

(Constant repeat in my head of Grandpa's words as I was growing up..."Now, Squinney, hate is a very strong word. We must be careful with strong words.")

The difference between Clinton and Bush is that Clinton didn't do things that killed people.

As far as the arsenic, a study had already been done so it was a waste of time and more money to say he would ask for another study and then decide. And, if you'll remember, he did that same thing with numerous things. Just forget all the stuff already done and start over just because it was done on Clintons watch. Well, just suppose if he had listened to the group that had already looked into Al Qaeda and had a report ready instead of scrapping it and saying Cheney would start over and lead a new study.

As I stated before, these people don't listen to reason. While some claim to be born again (I actually think that's more the followers than the people in charge) I think it's just a political move for votes. No Christian, REAL Christian, would govern with such puffery and disregard for life or stewardship of the planet.

(Can I lie on your couch here? Thanks.)

Probably, a good part of my dislike, disgust and .... hate (sorry Grandpa) of this administration IS their misuse of religion. They not only give Christians a bad name, they are turning many away, including me. Maybe I would have wandered to the dark side of disbelief and questioning anyway... I don't know.

The whole Armeggedon rapture thing as an excuse for not having to take care of the world just makes me sick. That so many swallow this crap makes me more sick. Again, I think that's just a ploy to get through the legislation / policy for big business that they want, not a real Christian belief on the part of this administration. That's evil.

Have you read "People of the Lie" by Dr. M Scott Peck? He defines evil as Live spelled backwards. Evil is opposite of live. Everything this administration does is opposite of encouraging life. I have to disagree with you that they aren't the devil in that context. The devil doesn't really wear a red suit and carry a pitchfork.

So, maybe the note isn't a big deal. I do agree that the photographer invaded his privacy, which is kinda funny given how our individual privacy has been invaded over the last five years by Bush / Republicans. Maybe if he and his followers stayed out of our bedroom, we wouldn't walk in on him in the bathroom.

Okay, I think my times up. Thanks, Doc. What'll I owe ya?

Goodness,I never suggested Clinton did harm in the way Bush is!!! I spoke only of the insane hatred, and a disturbingly similar note I see in some of the antiBush fixation.

There there....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:00 am
Well in today's printed version of the TIMES and (still) in it's online version, we find the following:

Quote:
September 16, 2005

http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/picture/0,,228749,00.jpg
An urgent matter of state as President Bush passes his note to Condoleezza Rice in the UN Security Council chamber (JUSTIN LANE / EPA)

Please Miss, may the US President be excused from the room?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:00 am
dlowan wrote:
I just think it was flat wrong to photograph a private bit of correspondence, unless it was of substantial import...you know, like "The bomb we had the CIA plant to kill all these bastards is going off in 10 minutes....we both need to leave now."

LOL! Razz

And I agree with you, of course. World's going to hell and people are focusing their attention and effort and disapproval on THIS? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:02 am
Lol! Now THAT is funny!!!

John Howard, loyal follower, sparks idiotic media frenzy!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:04 am
Heh, but Walter's article was funny. The thing with the African ambassadors conjures up lively images.

And of course it would be all John Howard's fault, huh?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:05 am
Indeed!

Apparently one senior UN official, like US President Lyndon Johnson, used to hold meetings in the loo with his aides.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:20 am
well so long as he was only holding his meeting...

could get messy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 07:16 am
Baldimo wrote:
squinney wrote:
Chia - The perspective is that he's the president of the united states. He shouldn't have to ask anyone for a bathroom break or ask anyone if it is possible to take one. Just state to Kofi that there needs to be a ten minute recess.

How many CEO's would write a note to their executive secretary asking if a bathroom break would be possible?

I can see the flack now if Bush would have just gotten up and left. This BS thread would have been twice as bad.

Squinny - the perspective that he is the president does not expect him from acting like a gentleman in polite company.

I think people are having a problem with the way he phrased it.

I'd like to get Eva's take on this, as a Southern Gentlewoman.

Rather than being gauche and commanding "We're taking a 10 minute break" he was simple going around the back way so as not to offend.

It's like saying....."Is it possible to get a glass of water?"

You're right Baldimo, this is bs.

Should he have said, "hey everybody, I gotta piss"?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 07:37 am
Southern gentleman?

He's from the northeast. Just cause he calls it a ranch, doesn't make it one. There's not a single cloven hoof on that property in Texas, nor is that a working class dog he carries back and forth.

Anyway, I repeat, if Bush and the Republicans in general were to keep their noses out of our bedrooms, we'd extend a little courtesy regarding bathrooms. Given the record, I find it interesting that the door of "privacy" is supposed to only swing one way.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 07:45 am
It is my belief that, being petrified that he was about to be called on to speak in front of the class, junior suddenly felt he was going to **** his pants.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 07:59 am
Not to mention, we are supposed to have respect and use reasoned argument following rules of debate while this administration is constantly showing how completely out of touch they are?

Bagdad's About Getting the Latte?

C'mon.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:11 am
nothing worse than grumpy bears is there?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 01:40 pm
Zane posted that bathroom note photo Wednesday night:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1569594&highlight=#1569594

Condi's reply? "I asked you if you had to go before we left the House, but you said you could hold it until the meeting was over."
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:15 pm
i have to say that as world shittering events go this does not compare with....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:23 pm
I knew this discussion would quickly end up in the toilet...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:24 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
i have to say that as world shittering events go this does not compare with....

ANYTHING remotely important?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:35 pm
well when you have to go. you have to go

its really important at the time

though it might not seem so later

especially for rabbits who dont really bother

cause they dont hovver

(and if you knew what that means, please tell me)
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:39 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
well when you have to go. you have to go

its really important at the time

though it might not seem so later

especially for rabbits who dont really bother

cause they dont hovver

(and if you knew what that means, please tell me)

continues the poem.......

cause they dont hovver
Condi is like Bush's guardian black daughter
So sad he has to ask for permission
To use the bathroom, despite all that power.
Shocked
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:48 pm
I guess being polite matters no matter how much power you have.
0 Replies