What interesting places have you visited?

Badboy

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:20 am
I have visited the Natural History Museum(LONDON)Wookey Hole(twice while at school!).

Brecon Beacons.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,974 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Prince El

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 09:35 am
Shimla in India has been my favorite visit anywhere so far. Thought i would tell more about it.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 09:49 am
Sadly I have never been out of the US.. and I have been to very few states!!
0 Replies

Prince El

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 09:52 am
crazie when you go out go to india - fantastic place
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 10:03 am
i want to see the pyramids of egypt, sadly-havent been. my favorite place had to be notre dame-not because i am some religious fanatic-far from that-but the history around it, the stained glass windows...beautiful!
0 Replies

TammyBaby

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 12:51 am
I've heard many interesting and hidden stories about pyramids of Egypt but I have not had a chance to go there yet! I hope one day, I can.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:01 am
Re: What interesting places have you visited?
Badboy wrote:
I have visited the Natural History Museum(LONDON)Wookey Hole(twice while at school!).

Brecon Beacons.

I loooove Wookey hole, I think it started off my fascination of witches.

Ive been to The original Clink in London which is an underground prison about 400 years old and the place that prisons are namesd after.Its so atmospheric and dingey,loved it.
Also been in the Houses of Parliament, very grand and historic.
The Musee D'orsay in Paris.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:33 am
I lived in Madeira a Portuguese Island about 300 miles west of Morocco for two years. That is where the famous Madeira wine is made. It's a wonderful place that I would recommend to anyone.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:30 am
I went to Rhode Island once. I forget why now.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:52 am
I even have been in Bhutan but I dont remember why...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 05:05 am
I've seen Efezos and Bergamo in Turkey, ancient Roman ruins in Morocco, near Rabat (or was it near Tangiers?), Marakesh and Fez and Asilah, I've been to Nagaland, Kerala, Mumbai and New Delhi, traveled around the U.S. - Durham through New Orleans, Austin to San Fran and back through Utah and Nevada to New York. Been to Greece, Croatia, most of Europe (except Scandinavia, but I'll get there). Kiev in Ukraine was lovely, so is, oddly enough, Austria, especially landscapes. Most interesting place? hmmmm. I had a really earie experience in Gila cliff dwellings in Arizona, we had a Native American guide who told us all about life there then and now and it felt like the valley was filled with some sort of an energy, if not lost souls of people from long ago. Efezos was cool, too. THey had a secret tunnel from public library to a brothel across the street and a hospital where they stuffed patients with halucinogenic mushrooms and spoke to them through pipes installed in walls, making them think Gods are speaking to them, telling them how they will be healed and all.
Auschwitz will have to remain in the top five too, unfortunately. That place will be hard to forget, ever.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 05:31 am
It appears to me that travelling is an integral part of your life. Isn't it?

My mom often says that travelling makes you smarter,is it?
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:10 am
Travelling indeed makes you smarter and wiser. Every trip change part of my personality, of course towards the better side. I wonder sometimes when i graduate from school and start to work, will i still have time to travel?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:03 am
I want to do lots of travelling when I am a bit older (perhaps after graduation) and have quite a lot of money. Right now I don't the feel the need to travel, however.

Welcome to A2K,Giantgem! Very Happy
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:05 am
Ive been to paradise but Ive never been to me.
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:22 am
salutions!
i think the paradise that exist is within your own being. you define paradise through your eyes. i dont know how to express those urge to travel and it's really so strong and the only obstacle is that i have no money and i need to attend school. isnt it boring?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:28 am
giantgem wrote:
salutions!
i think the paradise that exist is within your own being. you define paradise through your eyes. i dont know how to express those urge to travel and it's really so strong and the only obstacle is that i have no money and i need to attend school. isnt it boring?

Yea, I do sometimes visualise visiting those fantastic places, and having finished visualising I realise,"Girl, you are not there yet! Stop it and get down to studies." I am patient and working hard. My goal this year is a trip to South East Asia by the year end.
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:31 am
south east asia? that's nice to hear. i live in singapore and it's in the south east asia region. luckily i dont daydream about travelling in lectures. haha! but i get crazy sometimes thinking about travelling and the places i wanna go, the people i will meet most importantly.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:39 am
Good Morning,

Unfortunately, I'm not the world traveler. But I've been through many states though. I believe some of the most beautiful country I have ever witnessed is located in Wyoming. Its breathtakingly beautiful...awesome, majestic mountains jutting up into the clear blue skies, snow-topped, cloud tipped....just amazing. Wyoming offers the Painted Desert, the Tetons, the Rockies...and of course, Yellowstone.

I wanna go back.... Exclamation
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:44 am
giantgem wrote:
south east asia? that's nice to hear. i live in singapore and it's in the south east asia region. luckily i dont daydream about travelling in lectures. haha! but i get crazy sometimes thinking about travelling and the places i wanna go, the people i will meet most importantly.

Daydreaming eh? Nope. I visualise and that too when I am at home, never during lectures. Hope we meet on my SE asia tour! Very Happy
0 Replies