Can one be Gay and Christian?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 06:12 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I'm not gay but I do enjoy a good blow job from a pretty girl. I also believe in Jesus. Am I going to heaven?

Bear...just want to be sure about something:

Is there anything in that comment which should cause anyone to suppose that you do not enjoy getting "a good blow job" (as you call it)...from an ugly girl?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 06:13 am
Well I had to quit drinking but..... you got me there partner. Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 06:21 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
in which Church, Catholic?

Yes.

So far a leaked bit of information...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 06:24 am
dlowan wrote:

Read today that a soon to be promulgated directive will ban homosexual priests and seminarians. Even if they neither practice nor promote,

The "logic" behind that: no gays, no child abbuse, no scandals.

Anyhoo, disgusting, as you said.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 06:29 am
The persistent myth that heterosexual males do not sexually abuse kids and vulnerable adult flock members?

Bah humbug!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 12:53 pm
The Bunny wrote:
Read today that a soon to be promulgated directive will ban homosexual priests and seminarians.

Scooped ya on that story, Bunny Mr. Green

Gotta figure the "development" - nothing new, really, just a reaffirmation, and directed primarilly at the North American and to a lesser extent Estern European Catholic communities, a reminder, of sorts - simply signals The Church has no intention of relaxing her stand on the issue. Of course, while there will be consternation and backlash among those most directly affected, The Church has had her say, and isn't known to be particularly given to hastily reconsidering such things.

Oh, and as to "how will they tell?" - the screening, qualification, induction, and ongoing evaluation of candidates for the priesthood is lengthy, rigorous, painstaking, and overwhelmingly thorough. In the vast majority of cases, "they" certainly will be able "to tell", something which in and of itself will serve to discourage thoughts of subverting the system, and while some inevitably will "slip through", given the unambiguous nature of the announcement, sanctions may be expected to be certain, swift, and draconian. Note as well the directive concerns itself only with candicacy for the priesthood; it does not preclude those of alternate sexual inclination from participating in The Church, only from achieving positions of influence and leadership within The Church.

Another observation; following the Post WWII global psychosocial pendulum swing toward permissiveness and liberalism, the momentum has reversed, politically and morally. Things may be expected, over the next couple generations, to track more to The Right overall. That too will change, it always does, but its a cycle of generations, and the change is as inevitable as it was then, is now, and forever shall be. As The Church enters her third millenium, she is not the engine of change, but a mirror of constancy; The World has attitude swings, The Church does not.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 01:05 pm
One important result of the synod held at Sankt Pölten in 1284 was that priests were not allowed to have a mistress.

Nowadays, they are not allowed to have secretely a partner of the same sex.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 03:22 pm
Smile
0 Replies