Why Is No One From The Right Commenting On This?

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 07:30 am
With all the "No finger pointing" and "Let's concentrate on the good things" talk coming from the GOP and their lap dogs here and other places I notice this story is being ignored completely. Laughing

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/09/katrina.gore.ap/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,279 • Replies: 20
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 07:35 am
Never gonna see a good word about the man from a Republican.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:13 am
What if Jesus came back today and he was wearing a "Four More Then Gore" t-shirt?

How would we bag all the bodies after a mass suicide that big?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:16 am
That's so cool!

Thanks for pointing it out.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:30 am
Bear
Thanks, Bear.

Is hurricane Ophelia heading in your direction this weekend? I hope not!

BBB
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:31 am
Yes.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:43 am
eoe--

You do not need a hurricane--you need another cruise. Relaxation, not excitement.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:03 am
I can't believe there hasn't been more news about this!

Kudos, Gore. Many, many Kudos.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:06 am
only republicans and people they have decided are "real" Christians are allowed to be compassionate in this brave new world.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 10:05 am
Noddy24 wrote:
eoe--

You do not need a hurricane--you need another cruise. Relaxation, not excitement.

BBB and I bumped responses. My yes pertained to Mr. Gore and his fine "less talk-more action" attitude.

As far as Ophelia, she's skirting the Southeastern coast but it doesn't look like she's gonna hit land. That is, so far. I'm sure my husband's tribe in Savannah are wearily on watch.

But yes girlfriend, I'll take that cruise all the same. Thanks.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 10:12 am
Good going, Al. Just imagine if only... nah, nevermind.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 10:35 am
Good job Gore!
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 12:43 pm
I think I should send him a note expressing thanks.

Also for inventing the internet. I've been remiss in congratulating him on that, too.

Tsk. Tsk.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 12:44 pm
BBB
Well one of the divisive ones finally shows up.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 01:57 pm
JustWonders wrote:
I think I should send him a note expressing thanks.

Also for inventing the internet. I've been remiss in congratulating him on that, too.

Tsk. Tsk.

better not to waste energy on insincere bullshit. Use your energy to defend your master. He needs it way worse than Gore.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 02:05 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
only republicans and people they have decided are "real" Christians are allowed to be compassionate in this brave new world.

Nonsense such as this veiled as an opinion is why liberals will never get any real respect.

If you look at both the Democratic and Republican rhetoric being thrown around these past several days, the underscoring item on all sides has been that everybody should be out there doing what they can and being as compassionate and caring as possible. Religion has nothing to do with who can and who cannot help out.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 02:12 pm
Re: Why Is No One From The Right Commenting On This?
With all the "No finger pointing" and "Let's concentrate on the good things" talk coming from the GOP and their lap dogs here and other places I notice this story is being ignored completely. Laughing

Good for Gore. Very commendable. What do you expect us to say? All kinds of good things get no press. Why do the media never show the good things happening in Iraq, like schools and hospitals re-opening, people released from Saddam's torture chambers, and artists exercising freedoms they never had before? Why show exclusively negative stories, when both positive and negative exist to show?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 03:18 pm
Sturgis wrote:

Nonsense such as this veiled as an opinion is why liberals will never get any real respect.

If you look at both the Democratic and Republican rhetoric being thrown around these past several days, the underscoring item on all sides has been that everybody should be out there doing what they can and being as compassionate and caring as possible. Religion has nothing to do with who can and who cannot help out.

It's my opinion and nothing is veiled. Who died and made you Freddie Mercury?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 03:19 pm
Isn't Freddie dead?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 03:23 pm
Re: Why Is No One From The Right Commenting On This?
Brandon9000 wrote:

Good for Gore. Very commendable. What do you expect us to say? All kinds of good things get no press. Why do the media never show the good things happening in Iraq, like schools and hospitals re-opening, people released from Saddam's torture chambers, and artists exercising freedoms they never had before? Why show exclusively negative stories, when both positive and negative exist to show?

I expected someone to make some minimizing and shitty remark like just wonders did. You neo cons never disapoint.
0 Replies