Can Texas beat Ohio State?

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:40 pm
sad,
i too live in austin..
but I dont know a THING about ut games..

im a shame to the city...
SHAMMMEE i tell ya.. ;-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:28 pm
Oof.

Not over yet, but oof.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 11:03 pm
To answer the thread... yes, Texas can beat Ohio State.

Hook 'Em.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 11:05 pm
As a former member of the Longhorn Band, I'd just like to say it's 12:04 and OU still sucks.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 08:20 am
i was invited to this match

what happened?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:29 am
oh HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah baby. gotta love that last minute TD and safety. I was so hoarse on sunday i could barely talk. omg that was a great game. sorry i wasn't on here to chat it up, but i don't do anything when texas is playing.

i do have to say, i was supremely impressed with OSU's linebackers, esp AJ Hawk. wow they played awesome. and what is up with a 276 lb running back that can't even take a hit? i mean cmon-hit the freaking cornerback, he only weighs around 185, get the freaking TD.

wow, both teams played really well. I was really surprised how much of a defensive game it was given both teams phenomenal offenses. i was really worried there with about 5 min left...i really thought texas was gonna lose. thank god for miracles.

Soz...we have to talk...
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:30 am
DrewDad wrote:
As a former member of the Longhorn Band, I'd just like to say it's 12:04 and OU still sucks.

and OU will always suck...but this year maybe we can actually win since they don't have their 6 year QB anymore.

when were you there? i was a swimmer there from 94-98.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:35 am
Hi dragon!

It was indeed a great game. I'm familiar enough with that sinking feeling... "yay yay yay yay ohhhh daaaaamn..." that I'm trying to protect myself from fandom, but I think it's too late.

I mean, I've seen some of those dudes at the local Target! This is a real home team.

I do like a lot of the players. Who's that giant red-haired guy? Is that Hawk or Carpenter?

I need to do some research...
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:41 am
well, the three linebackers were all huge and they said they wouldn't cut their hair until they win a national championship.

hawk was all american last year.

being a texas die hard, i really don't know too many of OSU guys, only the ones who really caused us pain on sat (hawk).

i know alot about texas though if you are interested Wink i am a little upset at how our offense played. i am not sure if OSU's defense was just that good, or if we made waaaaaaaayyyy too many mistakes...try 4 at least...

2 fumbles, 1 INT, and 1 run that should have been a TD-why again a 276 lb guy can't hit a 200lb guy i don't know...at least it turned into a safety.

yowser, texas was known a few years back for losing in the fourth quarter...that was something like the 7th of the last 8 games 4th quarter comeback...maybe this is why my bp is so high?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 08:48 am
Yeah, the redhead was Carpenter:

http://ohiostate.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=3754

Damn, he looks so young in that pic! I guess they all are...

I'm impressed at your football knowledge, I'm nowhere near there yet re: OSU and have slacked off in my knowledge of the Packers, too, my main fan-focus. I was watching the game while doing a zillion other things (organizing my desk, doing some work, posting here, etc.) and it's already kind of a blur except for that long TD pass. So I don't even remember what specifically impressed me about Carpenter, just thinking, "Hey, he did it AGAIN" -- seemed like he was at the center of a lot of big defensive plays.

You could be on to something re: high blood pressure!!!
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:01 am
well unfortunately, you don't go to texas and not become a football fan. i was one way before, i have always enjoyed watching, but until college i never really understood what was going on, just liked to watch. hmm, maybe i spent too much time in the football dorm...Wink

now i am all about it. which is funny, because hubby would rather go out and play golf. he went to some fancy club on saturday night while i was home making an ass out of myself in the family room, jumping up and down screaming at the TV, scaring the dog. what is that? i am the one who schedules events around my football schedule, hee hee. i got lucky this week, raiders played on thursday night and then texas played on saturday night so plenty of time to do other things. heehee...

i think from OSU hawk really impressed me...he recovered a fumble, got an interception and sacked vince young at least twice that i can remember. he is the big blonde i think. wow actually they kinda look alike...carpenter got his ankle hurt in the first quarter and then rallied to play the rest of the game...very tough.

after the game, i can say this...i have respect for OSU. they played well both offensively and defensively. we got lucky (really lucky). and now i have no bugs in my house as they all went a running at the hubub i caused that night...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:02 am
I think the Longhorns took the national stage finally. Congrats.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:05 am
thanks panzade!

its about damn time. i mean how long have we had the #1 recruiting class and not been able to do squat with it...seriously though, we got lucky saturday night...

hmm, so now the questions looms....

can we win all of our remaining regular season games, and go on to beat USC???? any thoughts???

and shewolf...i will overnighting all of my longhorn gear to you so you won't get lynched if you brave the streets of austin after texas wins...heehee...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:09 am
dragon, we're the same way -- I'm the rabid football fan, hubby could take it or leave it and usually leaves it. I grew up a Vikings fan in MN, then had a few years of wobbliness in Madison before converting to Packerdom, which has lasted since, and was a Badgers fan too of course while in Madison, not so much since. (Two Rose Bowl wins in my time there.)

It's definitely fun to be right in the middle of the college football insanity -- on Saturday, seemed like everyone I saw was wearing red.

Anyway, got hubby hooked during the Packers' Super Bowl year -- he actually watched the last few playoff games and the Super Bowl itself -- but usually I'm the one who Must Watch Football while he'd rather be doing something else.

I'm getting sozlet into it, too. :-) She was telling Bwett to throw it to Bubba when she was like 2 years old.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:11 am
Did you know that Jevon Walker is out for the season, soz?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:12 am
To go back to one thing I was saying while I was watching the game aside from my specific OSU fandom the game was so fun to watch. The very amateurness is endearing -- all those wild backwards runs and pitiful laterals and such.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:13 am
sozobe wrote:
dragon, we're the same way -- I'm the rabid football fan, hubby could take it or leave it and usually leaves it. I grew up a Vikings fan in MN, then had a few years of wobbliness in Madison before converting to Packerdom, which has lasted since, and was a Badgers fan too of course while in Madison, not so much since. (Two Rose Bowl wins in my time there.)

It's definitely fun to be right in the middle of the college football insanity -- on Saturday, seemed like everyone I saw was wearing red.

Anyway, got hubby hooked during the Packers' Super Bowl year -- he actually watched the last few playoff games and the Super Bowl itself -- but usually I'm the one who Must Watch Football while he'd rather be doing something else.

I'm getting sozlet into it, too. :-) She was telling Bwett to throw it to Bubba when she was like 2 years old.

glad to know i am not the only football wife, with non football hubby. he has basically gotten into it somewhat-his parents are both longhorn grads thus into longhorn football pretty hard core. i think he realized that if he wanted to spend time with me during football season, he would have to watch it. plus he got to sit at hooters on saturday watching ND play Mich...that has to be fun for him right? we dont have any dragonlets yet, but you can be assured, they will be rooting texas on...

i may not bring the raider fever to them, as i am more a raider fan because when i was little i liked their colors and it stuck with me. my loyalty maybe switching to the colts, i love peyton manning or the jets, love pennington too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:14 am
Aw crap.

Not 'til you said that.

Still "could", not definite...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/nflnews.asp?articleID=135131
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:16 am
You are only allowed to cheer for one team, dragon.

Choose wisely.

(In other words.... don't take the Packers)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:17 am
From what I've heard about Walker, it's a done deal. He is definitely out for the season.
0 Replies