Can Texas beat Ohio State?

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 01:49 pm
All the people calling the game say Ohio State will win because the game is at the horseshoe. Hmmm....

of course i say Texas is gonna win, but the game gives me pause. Mack Brown is well known for not being able to win the big game, but he broke that streak last year in the rose bowl. the running joke while i was there was: why can't a longhorn make change for a dollar? they always lose the 4th quarter.

Vince Young is looking great although he is back to old times throwing interceptions. The quartet of running backs looks rather promising as well. however, OSU put a stomping on miami ohio (albeit not as big as Texas' 60-3 romping of UL Lafayette).

Anyone have any thoughts? I am worried, but damn I want Texas to win as they haven't won a national championship since 1969 (shared it in 1970).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,066 • Replies: 63
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 01:51 pm
I'm just barely getting into this. Everyone's on about The Game so I know it's a big deal, but don't know much about it. (I'm in Columbus, as of a year ago...)
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 01:54 pm
don't get me wrong, i have alot of respect for ohio state. i just want my horns to win Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 01:55 pm
texas sucks..

( runs away )
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 01:57 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
texas sucks..

( runs away )

i will hunt you down and beat you...with a wet noodle...and you will like it...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 01:57 pm
Don't worry, the Buckeyes ability to choke in the Shoe is well known . . . Michigan kicks their ass in the Shoe on a regular basis . . .
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:00 pm
Setanta wrote:
Don't worry, the Buckeyes ability to choke in the Shoe is well known . . . Michigan kicks their ass in the Shoe on a regular basis . . .

you are too good to me. i was reading something though that osu has won 22 of the last 23 home games and 8 of the last night games. dang its gonna be a long game. thanks for the reassurance though. isn't mich playing ND this weekend...that should be a good game too...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:01 pm
hehehehehe

eehh.
Idunno if texas sucks
I dunno if ohio sucks

i dont watch college football...
I like professional..
big meaty men in spandex...
oy vey....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:03 pm
Ohio State Buckeyes, last seen standing around the corner of Chittenden and High, laughing, joking and dropping footballs . . .
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:04 pm
er what is this please

not cricket
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:05 pm
Football, Bubba, we're talking football . . . Longhorns versus Buckeyes . . .
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:06 pm
Setanta wrote:
Ohio State Buckeyes, last seen standing around the corner of Chittenden and High, laughing, joking and dropping footballs . . .

ummm...dropping footballs is generally vince young's vice, that and throwing them to the other team...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:07 pm
oh you mean American football played with a rugby ball?

well have fun.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:08 pm
shewolf, you better start liking texas college football or i am gonna tell all the texas hellraisers (a rather rowdy group of college guys) where you live...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:09 pm
actually longhorns vs buckeyes

sounds interesting

when the kick off

how can i watch

is it on the wireless?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:09 pm
i aint es'scared of them

im a big black witch.. they will run afraid..
very afraid
muuaahahahahahaaa
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:11 pm
kick off is 8pm Eastern Standard Time, tomorrow night. i am not sure if you will be able to see it in london. only been there once and it wasn't football season...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:12 pm
Let me see if any of the Columbus television stations will be broadcasting it. However, i believe it's a night game. If you are five hours ahead of New York, the it will be in the middle of the night for you.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:12 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
i aint es'scared of them

im a big black witch.. they will run afraid..
very afraid
muuaahahahahahaaa

that's it lady, i am coming down there.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 02:13 pm
Game time is 8:08 p.m., EDT. It will be broadcast nation-wide by the ABC television network. If you're still interested, i could try to find an online source for the broadcast.
0 Replies