OK, let me explain to you AGAIN

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 03:08 pm
DrewDad wrote:

If it's radioactive like the real Big Bertha, then no.

I'm radioactive right now. I had a test where they had to inject me. So sad, with my little yellow card in case I get flagged for being a bomb. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 03:26 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

I'm radioactive right now. I had a test where they had to inject me. So sad, with my little yellow card in case I get flagged for being a bomb. Crying or Very sad

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 05:35 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes, I know. ANd when I go for my thyroid treatment, I get MORE radioactive stuff that I have to carry this card around for a month! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 05:42 pm
Gee- if that's a parcel what's Katrina actually done.
It is reasonable to assume that those in charge of the parcel are roughly as intelligent as those in charge of Katrina.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 05:47 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Some firefighters in California(?) detected some dude that was getting radiation treatment. The detector on the engine went off twice, and they decided to track down the source.

Makes one wonder why they didn't track it down the first time it happened.

You do know the story of Big Bertha being stored next to the first nuclear reactor and picking up radiation, don't you?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 05:54 pm
Quote:
The detector on the engine went off twice, and they decided to track down the source.

Makes one wonder why they didn't track it down the first time it happened.

Perhaps the gadget on the truck was prone to malfunction?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 06:49 pm
: You do know the story of Big Bertha being stored next to the first nuclear reactor and picking up radiation, don't you? :

No? do tell?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:51 pm
Chai Tea, I really, really DO feel a great deal of sympathy for your plight. But I can't help roaring with laughter anyway. This is priceless!!!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 11:56 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
: You do know the story of Big Bertha being stored next to the first nuclear reactor and picking up radiation, don't you? :

No? do tell?

Had some of my facts wrong....

Texas Highways wrote:

The strangest chapter in Big Bertha's history began in 1939, when UC phased out its football program. Stored be-neath the UC stadium, the drum became contaminated by radiation from Manhattan Project-related atomic-bomb experiments.

Nothing Humdrum About Her
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:20 am
Oh Chai Crying or Very sad

I am always, ALWAYS paranoid when sending things. I could be sending a 27 cent sucker, easily replacable, and I'm still cynical of the Ted Mex people until I know for sure that it got there safe and sound. Broken in five piece, but there nonetheless.

Hugs to you - this sort of thing, unfortunately, is not uncommon. If you ever feel the need to riot, lemme know. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 10:46 am
Hey - thanks everyone for your sympathy.....

There's always insurance, and the world's not gonna end (unless they drop my package from a height of more than 4 feet)

You can't push the river.

Seriously though, it makes me wonder.....

Some people would have been fuming over this, and it would have been fuel for them to stay mad the whole weekend.

I try not to stress to much unless it's life threatening to me or someone I love.

Lifes too short, ya gotta laugh.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 10:52 am
Unfortunately, you probably got caught in the massive flow of packages arriving in TX after Katrina. People are sending their loved ones all kinds of things from all over. I use Fed Ex regularly for business and altho' I can't say that they've never screwed up, it is a rare occasion.

But you've got the right attitude. Life's too short...
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 06:24 pm
Chai Tea, next time you should rely on someone who has much more intelligent, competent, stable, and considerate employees....

The United States Postal Service.... Razz
0 Replies