Weasels To Investigate Hen House Slaughter

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:49 am
Oh My god!!!! Shocked

Wake me up mommy, I don't like this dream anymore.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/06/D8CERLA00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 601 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:55 am
It was obvious the fault of the people of New Orleans. They were ignorant foolish and would no listen to their betters...case closed ...

...oh and it wasn't our (Bush administration)) fault we were on vacation.

I personally think this whole f**k up was intentional. As Krugman said in his last column the people running the government at present are dedicated to proving that it does not work.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:10 am
Re: Weasels To Investigate Hen House Slaughter
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Oh My god!!!! Shocked

Wake me up mommy, I don't like this dream anymore.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/06/D8CERLA00.html

Oh Yeah! Just like he found out who leaked Valerie Plane's name.

BBB Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:17 am
I might give this a chance rather than a highly partisen Congressional Ctte, or the inefficient 9-11 commission.

If the Executive Branch wants to run it, I am sure every congressperson and media type will be all over it and it just might be objective.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 12:07 pm
woiyo wrote:
I might give this a chance rather than a highly partisen Congressional Ctte, or the inefficient 9-11 commission.

If the Executive Branch wants to run it, I am sure every congressperson and media type will be all over it and it just might be objective.

dunno, dude. self policing is not always complete or acurate.

on the other hand, the endless procession of special prosecutors over the last 30+ years is getting pretty old too.

could be a sign that we're just putting the wrong kind of people in office.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 12:13 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
woiyo wrote:

on the other hand, the endless procession of special prosecutors over the last 30+ years is getting pretty old too.

Point taken. Don't know what other choice there is.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 12:17 pm
This is what happens when a person only own one vehicle and does not constantly watch CNN.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 12:18 pm
I'll tell you what wrong.

No one fronted the money for the levees.
The mayor of NO didn't evacuate quickly enough.
FEMA can't get it's slow ass moving.

There are a bunch of people who should be losing their jobs over this. Because a lot of people lost their lives.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 12:20 pm
The Pres stand behing his men, always, ducking and running. Screaming where is Rove!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:10 pm
woiyo wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Point taken. Don't know what other choice there is.

umm, yeah. maybe we should hit that new third party thing a little harder.

the big unknown on that one is, if we are really able to send mr. smith to washington, and with even a two term limit, will he be able to avoid getting reeled into the back scratching club. the road to ruin is paved with good intentions and alla that ?

there has to be a way to start investigating this stuff with an independent mind. isn't there anyone qualified that isn't getting table scraps from someone, somewhere ?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:41 pm
Not even one vehicle, for something like 30,000 households in New Orleans (households, not individuals)... will try to find the graphic from Sunday NYT...

Hmph, can't. Haven't found a hook. It was a graphic with car images, each one representing 1,000 households and divided into "white" and "black" sections. The "black" section was about 20,000 -- that about 20,000 black households DIDN'T have cars, at all. It was a little less for white households, but plenty of them, too. Anyone remember/ can help me find it?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:44 pm
I have informed squinney that if she ever suspects I'm f*cking around on her, I'll immediately appoint and head up a commitee to investigate it.

She's relieved.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:45 pm
I have informed squinney that if she ever suspects I'm f*cking around on her, I'll immediately appoint and head up a commitee to investigate it.

She's relieved.

Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:48 pm
I was wondering why they didn't have the school buses running all night long before the hurricane hit taking people inland.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:51 pm

She's relieved.

sounds fair and balanced to me, bear.

SOZ: haven't seen it yet. but there are parts of our country where time stopped a hell of a long way back. and others where the physical layout of the city makes a car more hassle than it's worth. have to wonder if in some cases that's by design.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:59 pm
One thing I do not understand is the claim by New Orleans authorities that they cannot force people to leave their homes. In 1955 my home town in Connecticut was destroyed by a flood and the fire that followed. Literally ripped apart and burned down. The police and National Guard went into peoples homes with guns and told them they would have to get out, no choice. Since when did the government become so dainty and sensitive in an emergency?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:02 pm
I think that now they are forcing people out. Now, after it's too late for so many.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:53 pm
Soz, did you see the report of the rescue of the deaf gentleman who knew nothing until he felt the water rising into his bed!!!!

Acq, after 9/11, and of course the constitutional issue of posse comtase.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:55 am
Acquiunk wrote:
Since when did the government become so dainty and sensitive in an emergency?

since lawyers began ruling the world ?

"thar's gold in them thar pains & sufferin's!".
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:58 am
Gosh the SecDef holds a news conference, Bush appears in front of the cameras three times to tell us he is in charge and control, and the Veep is on his way to NO. This sounds mighty suspcious to me.
0 Replies