Attention NFL Fans! Super Bowl '06

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:55 am
Agreed re the Rolling Stones. They probably know (or care) as much as Janet Jackson and that other fool did last year...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:40 am
And you all think the musical acts go for the football?

PS If there's a wardrobe malfunction on Mick Jagger, well, let's just say it would be icky and leave it at that.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:43 am
Heck no, but the addiction to self gratification through pyrotechnics (perhaps in their case to distract from the wrinkles) is a bit hard to take.

Can't you just see Mick "Blimey, I've torn my bloody trousers" as he moons the audience?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:47 am
That would be traumatic.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:53 am
I still can't figure out why the Motor City didn't choose it's own Madman to do the halftime show. The guy who took his musical crowbar and almost single handedly brought rock and roll back the states following the British invasion.

But while Michigan loves their native sons, there is a strange reverence here for the Stones.

Nuge is a hell of a lot better preserved though.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 12:39 pm
jespah wrote:
And you all think the musical acts go for the football?

PS If there's a wardrobe malfunction on Mick Jagger, well, let's just say it would be icky and leave it at that.

Very Happy

They totally need the Nuge out there, swinging on a vine. And special guest appearance by the Damn Yankees. "Can you take me higher..."

Now there was a power ballad.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 12:42 pm
Perhaps Nugent could play the national anthem. It would be perfect for him, given his political views, and make it fun, for once, to listen to...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 12:46 pm
Hey, maybe he will!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 01:40 pm
realjohnboy, in a moment of weakness said
Quote:
would love for the Steelers to be there, but I am afraid their QB with the unpronounceable name was a one-hit wonder. They, the opponents, know what he can do and can't do.

NEVER, ever , make predictions again, got it?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 02:05 pm
I actually said that, Farmerman? In the other NFL thread on A2K I once wrote, never bet against the Steelers. Go figure.
And on that other thread, where we picked all the way through the playoffs (after the wildcard games), I took my own later advice.
Ben is good. No doubt aboutit. I hope though that he doesn't turn out to be injury prone. There will be, I think there will have to be some rule changes to protect quaterbacks.
Pittsburgh.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:55 pm
I think were gonna see alot of corn-fed beefy 7 ft quarterbacks in the next few years. Course he does get some damn good coverage. He was about napping when he was pickin out receivers yesterday.
0 Replies