Please read

no2rbo

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2024 09:08 pm
18M
If you read throught my last topic you'll get a feel of what family life is with my mom and dad. It sadly has not changed a bit and recently after trying to have a talk with my mom about some things I found she was doing on the parenting side that were just not fine towards her kids she basically blamed me, punished me and i've pretty much decided im done with all of it. I'm seriously thinking about moving out in the next month and a half. It wouldve been sooner but i had to pay a debt i had with her and i had trouble with cops at a sit in recently which set me back almost a thousand bucks. All this is not the real issue tbh, I've been having real trouble putting my dog in the whole equation. I love him, so ******* much... He's gonna be 2 years old in a couple months, a bernese mountain dog and just the most loving and lovable mf. He looks a bit dumb (lowkey is but adds to the charm), he's very affectionate and cuddly too. Anyways, I have yet to fully come to the realization that I cant take him with me. I'm looking at different places, fixing up the budget and everything to move out but i cant find a way to take him with me. If i leave without him, my family wont take care of him and will get rid of him. Its breaking my heart tbh. I think about how unfair and how he'll feel and i start crying, almost every night. He hasnt done anything wrong, if anything he's helped me the most. For fucks sake he's still a kid. And I just dont know what to do or think anymore. Idk how long i can last in the house but i dont want this to happen to him. Whenever i hear a dog whimpering or start thinking about how it would be for him to have his family abandon him it ******* breaks me. I often cry and apologize to him... I dont even have a real question but what should i do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 272 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Mame

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2024 11:52 am
@no2rbo,
There must be some organizations you could contact that could provide a foster home for him for a while. Our city has at least one that helps with food and shelter for animals of single people who are going into hospital or hospice. Call your humane society and ask what they are. You should be able to visit your dog, as well.

Also, you could post on your NextDoor, FB, etc., apps that you have a dog and are looking for a place. When I was a landlady, my tenants could have all the animals they wanted - homes are always better with an animal in them. Even if you rented a room in a house, many owners would love to have a dog they didn't have to walk and feed Smile

I love how you love your dog
0 Replies