Hybrid Cars

BillyFalcon

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 12:08 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo,

Thanks for the article and review on the diesel engine and the Jetta TDI (Which stands for "Turbo Direct Injection."

You know, it's funny but I bantered back and forth with a man who said he had a new RAM Dodge with a Cummins diesel. He said my observation that the Cummins diesels had no glow plugss was wrong. "You have to have glow plugs to start." He insisted to the point of calling his dealer and checking. Guess what the dealer told him? "That guys nuts. You've got to have glow plugs. Otherwise how would the engine start ?"

With the newer starting device called an intake manifold heater. That's how!

American men seem to hold beliefs about cars close to the
point of religion. We are the only country that believes the 3,000 mile oil change is the key to a long lasting engine.
They are stuck in the fifties. "It can't hurt and it's good insurance.

What do I use? I use 5-30 weight fully synthetic oil - YEAR ROUND. How often. Somewhere between six and ten thousand miles.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 02:02 pm
Billy
I was just doing some research on the Jetta and the Passat and after listening to you, I just might get myself one.
I like the car style better with the Passat, but I like the interior much better in the Jetta.

I can get it in automatic transmission, right? If not, It's back to the drawing board because I don't know how to drive a stick.
0 Replies