An open letter to President Bush re the hurricane

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 10:30 am
Dear Mr. President

Stay the hell out of the hurricane disaster area!

The efforts to save peoples lives don't need to be diverted by one of your political photo-op trips to the areas.

Do us a favor. Rear the newspapers. Watch CNN and CSNBC if you want to know what is going on. Feed your dog. Ride your bike. Take another vacation. Reread the My Goat book.

You've already seen the scope of the devastation from the safety of Airforce One. Don't do anything to get in the way of the rescue operations. You've already done enough to make it worse!

Sincerely,

BumbleBeeBoogie, U.S. Citizen
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 819 • Replies: 12
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:12 am
BBB
Someone said it would give the hurricane victims hope if President Bush visited the areas.

My response is BULL CRAP!

Normally I would agree with the hope theory. But for Bush to visit the sites it will take enormous amounts of money to get him there, to provide for his security with enormous staff involvement at the local level, and will divert efforts from rescue and aid away from the people who need it to his political needs. I'd rather the money be spent on the victims and the rescue efforts than on a Bush photo-op.

The people in dire straits have no TV, radio, etc. to hear or watch what Bush has to say. They could care a rats ass whether Bush is among them. What they want to see are rescue helicopters and boats, troops on the ground, care givers, rescuers, feeders with fresh water, places to sleep, etc. Bush's presence is not relevant to their needs. He would only get in the way of the people who can help.

BBB
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:28 am
How many times are you going to post this? I think we all know how you feel about the subject by now.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:53 am
Really.....and I pose the same question to you here BBB......

Tell us in detail EXACTLY what you would be doing about every facet of this....if you were the president........
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:57 am
Chai Tea
Chai Tea wrote:

Tell us in detail EXACTLY what you would be doing about every facet of this....if you were the president........

Well, for starters, I and my majority congress would not have severely cut the funding for work on the New Orleans levies and locks that could have reduced the damage to the city and the ports as Bush has during his entire term.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 12:02 pm
Joe
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
How many times are you going to post this? I think we all know how you feel about the subject by now.

On as many this topic's threads. If you don't want to read it, be my guest and just scroll on by.

BBB
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 01:44 pm
Re: Chai Tea
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Well, for starters, I and my majority congress would not have severely cut the funding for work on the New Orleans levies and locks that could have reduced the damage to the city and the ports as Bush has during his entire term.

BBB

I didn't ask what you would have done, past tense, I asked you what would you do RIGHT NOW.

In a time of crisis, it's counterproductive to bring up stuff that SHOULD have been done.....Unfortunatley, my time machine has broken.

Right Here - Right Now - What would you do TODAY President Bee?

Let's bitch about what SHOULD have been done when there's a little breathing space....

I'll tell ya what, if I'm in a crisis situation, and someone starts bitching and whining about something that's not about right this instant, they will be sent to the front as cannon fodder.

No room for whiners in the foxhole

That not a cop-out, that getting your freaking priorities straight, stop wasting time complaining.

We can armchair quarterback later.

So again - tell me NOW what you would do........
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 01:50 pm
I too think that this is a time to rally around our leaders and come together...even if we don't like them. This isn't a time to be divided. Seriously. People are dying and we are complaining.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 01:54 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

So again - tell me NOW what you would do........

BBB would continue to rant and rave in a bitter and vicious tone. It seems to be the only way that BBB knows of communicating...oh and about a dozen full news articles daily with no initial opinion, just the article and then the wait in the wings to see how the responses go.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 01:59 pm
Re: An open letter to President Bush re the hurricane
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
. Don't do anything to get in the way of the rescue operations. You've already done enough to make it worse!

Why so humble? Why constrain the request to rescue operations, and to this particular president? But I won't complain -- it's always nice to spot a budding libertarian.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 02:09 pm
I do think he should have been on the ground by Tuesday morning rather than a fly over Wednesday afternoon. Not that he should have stopped by the superdome to shake hands, but he could have been standing with the govenors, explaining what was needed and how he proposed to accomplish it ie. national guard, bringing in ships, etc.

Another fly over, in comfort and safety, with pics of him looking out the window. Not exactly what these people want or need to see.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 02:27 pm
Bush should be chided and held to account for the funds he stole from the repair and upkeep of the levee and spent on that fiasco called Iraq. He also should arrange for the La. national guard to be sent back home where they are sorely needed. With I might add their heavy equipment.

This catastrophe has show how ill equipped we are at home to handle emergencies as a result of the extended use of the National Guard in Iraq.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 02:38 pm
and still, no one with a plan........

amazing.........

you know, I am sickened by the lot of you.........

I know I'm pissing in the wind here, but don't you disgust yourself with your non-stop whine fest?

No one in office would make you happy, and none of you are making productive suggestions.

How can you stand to be in the same room with yourself?
0 Replies