What's your view

Gelisgesti

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 02:03 pm
What about Heraldo ...drewa map, said 'we are here, you are there'.
And then, suggested a battle plan ..... should he lose his job or not?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 02:09 pm
Quote:
Fox told to remove Rivera from Iraq

Jason Deans
Tuesday April 1, 2003

US defence officials in Washington have today confirmed that Fox News Channel has been asked to remove controversial reporter Geraldo Rivera from Iraq.
Fox News had agreed to the request to remove Rivera, the former talk show host who angered the US military by revealing operational details of the Iraq campaign during a report, according to defence spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Dave Lapan.

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,927612,00.html
0 Replies

owi

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 02:47 pm
steissd wrote:
owi wrote:
...Arnett is no American or British soldier, as far as I know...

As far as I remember, William Joyce (aka Lord Haw Haw) was not a British soldier either. But he was prosecuted and hanged by the neck for treason, since his verbal activities were in favor of the enemy.

sorry, but i don't know this story (need more information)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:14 pm
Here's the scoop on Haw-Haw:

Link to Lord Haw-Haw
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:28 pm
Steissd's comparison of this incident to the mechinations of Lord Haw Haw are absurd -- but understandable. Steissd comes from a culture that is increasingly becoming: "You are with me no matter what I do or say -- or you are my enemy."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:30 pm
Oops, make that "machinations."
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:30 pm
Frank, it is not only an ideology - but, a practical way of life!(PS - you can fix things with the edit button) Smile
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 06:53 am
1st amendment
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) -- Two high school teachers said Tuesday they have been placed on leave for refusing to remove war-related student artwork posted in their classrooms.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Southwest/04/01/sprj.irq.suspended.ap/index.html

How old do you have to be to qualify for 1st amendment rights? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 07:17 am
BillW

Thanks. I gotta learn how to use that fixer-upper. I knew I had read about it, but couldn't recall where. I'll look up the tutorial.

I disagree with you that considering anyone who disagrees with you to be your enemy...is a "practical way of life."

Parents often disagree with kids. Should the kids consider their parents to be enemies for that reason? Would that be a practical way of life?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 07:32 am
It's easy Frank - all you gotta do is, if after you post you see a mistake, click the "edit" button in the upper right hand corner of your post, then make your changes, click "submit" and voila!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 05:21 pm
Frank, I was being hypcritical - sorry about that! Embarrassed

Thanks for taking care of Frank, snood! Smile
0 Replies