a2k Bakery is now open. ((All things bread thread))

FredBquick

Reply Tue 21 May, 2024 03:21 pm
With my whole food plant-based eating I maintain with my meals I do keep getting whole grain breads, and whole grain pastas, and often whole grain flour tortillas. I have whole grain flour to bake into bread but I wait necessarily for an opportunity to do that.
0 Replies

FredBquick

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2024 03:22 pm
It is a mistake those who pursue living with low carbs or no carbs make, when what they have had that is so unhealthy is the enriched foods that break down the carbohydrates in whole grain. That is not healthy for us but whole grains are rich in nutrients for us.
0 Replies

FredBquick

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2024 03:23 pm
I do not know why others would not change anything about how they eat and would not even consider what would be healthier for them, to have any change to that. That resistance is alien to me. I kept changing ways I eat whenever I was learning better ways, and benefit from that, changing when I do see a better way even when I am much older, as I am.
0 Replies

FredBquick

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2024 03:24 pm
My favorite that was hard to give up for just having whole grain bread has been sourdough bread. But it is not just any whole grain bread but a specific bread of a certain brand. It has been out of stock a few times at that store, and those times I fell back to getting sourdough bread. So, it could still happen...

Now if I found whole grain sourdough bread I will be especially interested in it, it will still need to fit into my wfpb way that I continue with.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 01:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
We can find some of those in health food stores (Community Natural Foods, Whole Foods), but certainly not as many as you have. We are not an enlightened country when it comes to flour and baking. Most people buy bread and those who do make it tend to make your basic white. I would love to bake breads with different flours but my husband is a bit of a pleb when it comes to bread - white only! We don't eat a lot of bread so there's no point making two types. It takes us more than a week to eat one loaf. Homemade goes moldy much quicker than store-bought but I prefer homemade. I can't stand eating thawed bread so I never freeze it.
0 Replies

FredBquick

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2024 03:26 pm
I have bags of whole grain flour and I would be baking bread, somewhere along the line. I had baked before, but getting these was with being prepared in mind. Ironically sometime after buying those I no longer had an oven I could use, and still have these bags not being used. I could not be well prepared for that. If prepping involved a bugout place where I had my own oven built, I could still bake with that, anyway.
0 Replies

FredBquick

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2024 03:27 pm
Not being able to bake hasn't changed, here. I am still left having these bags of whole grain flour. But now it is really hot weather and I don't feel like baking anyway. I need ways to keep cooler. I still have no difficulty getting the whole grain bread I want, so I continue with that, instead of falling back to sourdough bread. I really have good sandwiches I use them for.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2024 03:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

FredBquick

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2024 03:29 pm
I have had too much yeast in some of what I have, and I think that does ruin it. It is important to use enough but not any more than just enough, for a good taste.
jespah

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2024 08:20 pm
@FredBquick,
Please forgive me, but every time I see your name attached to this topic as the final commenter, I read your userid as FredBisquick.

I need to clean my glasses.
0 Replies