Stray Cat's Bistro...Now Under New Management

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 10:38 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those terms loosely)

Are you looking for a nice, upscale, lovely place to spend those afternoon or early evening hours?

The kind of place where you can relax with a glass of Chardonnay, maybe a slice of quiche...and discuss where you want to send junior to college?

Well, this is it, folks. Look at the lovely, overpriced, trendy art I have on the walls. Look at the nice potted plants. Look at the nice jazz combo over there.

Hit it boys! (nice, jazzy music starts playing).

And best of all....look at the menu!

If you want a place that just screams "SOPHISTICATED!!" Welcome to my Bistro, people.

(Sits at bar, pours self a glass of Chardonnay)

I just hope that riffraff from Kicky's Saloon doesn't come over here and wreck this place.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,094 • Replies: 177
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:33 pm
<Looking around>

Hmmmm, not a bad looking place! Cool

A glass of Sav Blanc for me, please!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:54 pm
And oi'll 'av de Guinness wid a potato.......
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:59 pm
Can I have an application please?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 01:43 am
Classy? Upscale? Pricey!

See ya later alligator
After a while crocodile
Toodle oo kangaroo
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:17 am
*Embarrassed Walks in slowly, looking around Embarrassed*

Nice! *sits in one of the back tables* May I have a glass of White Zinfandel, and a slice of quiche. "I hope the quiche is as good as the one they used to serve in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. *sigh* "That was good quiche"

*looking around at the people sitting* "I hope the people are nice too"
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 04:14 am
roger wrote:
Classy? Upscale? Pricey!

See ya later alligator
After a while crocodile
Toodle oo kangaroo

Ay, come back, roger!
Here, I'll even shout you a drink!

Roger, roger ......? Confused
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 11:51 am
Why thank you Stray Cat, for the lovely invitation. Even the rowdiest need a break now and then. Smile

I would love to partake of a divine glass of Syrah and an appetizer of those delicate crab and shrimp stuffed mushroom caps, a small mixed greens garden salad and plenty of space to go over these house plans.

Could you accommodate me, please?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 11:53 am
where's the pool table?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:09 pm
Here you go, Lady J. Here's a nice table by the window so you can watch the parade of life go by. Just don't look over there at Kickycan's saloon --unless you want a good laugh!

(Stray Cat seats her lovely guests, while her lovely servers take their orders....she informs the hapless Mr. dys that there is no pool table...and directs him to Kicky's saloon across the street)

Oh, I knew this town needed a place like my lovely bistro!

(She stops, looks in the mirror and sings:)

I feel pretty
Oh, so pretty
and I pity
any girl who isn't me tonight!!

Mr. T voice: Yeah, I don't hate 'em. I pity the fools!

Hee!

(She goes over to the bar and arranges some tea cakes, mini quiches, and various other dainties on a platter)

Dum..dee..dum..dum...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:13 pm
*peeks in the door*

oohh.. everyone is DRESSED in here..
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:31 pm
(Stray Cat, sipping a glass of chardonnay, indulges in some sophisticated chatter with her customers)

Yes, AngeliqueEast, the Metropolitan is fascinating isn't it? But you should visit the Brooklyn Museum of Art too. They call that the Metropolitan's attic. They have a lot of the cool stuff the Metropolitan used to have -- like a lot of the Egyptian artifacts. It's a smaller, more intimate museum. (laughs little sophisticated laugh) ha, ha, ha....

Oh! And The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens are right next to it. They're lovely. Nothing like taking a walk on a beautiful day in those gardens!!

Lord Ellpus, would like some caviar, mini-quiches, or cucumber finger sandwichs? Or...are you just happy with your potato?
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:47 pm
What a wonderful find this beautiful Bistro was for me. Great quiche, great wine, great company, and I feel like I'm in a museum.

Yes Stray Cat I have been to the Brooklyn Museum to see a Native American exhibition. Some incredible totem poles they have in the museum. I also saw the Egyptian exhibit, and bought myself a lovely sterling silver Scarab ring.

http://www.gapingvoid.com/Moveable_Type/archives/shark%20bar.jpg
Hugh Macleod

You know Stray Cat, I was really admiring this work of art. It's so, so, watcha ma kall it. Look at the lines, the colors, oh, just two colors, and the lines, lines, and lines. They go on for ever don't they. Oh, I see, it's called "For Ever". So powerful!

Oh, thank you for this great place to come and relax in. I have to go and see all the other works of art.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:22 pm
Wow, I wish I had that For Ever print to hang on the wall here, AngeliqueEast! It's so ....powerful! Next time you're here, I'll tell you about a little soiree I once attended at the apartment of the Director of the Brooklyn Museum. Ahh...good times!

Toodle-oo, AngeliqueEast!

Now that's the kind of customer I'm hoping to attract.

Oh -- Amigo! Certainly you can have an application! Sit right down at the bar here and fill it out. I'll pour you a nice glass of mint ice tea. We need some handsome guys here to help out!

Has anyone seen The Spelling Bee on Broadway? I did. It was soo...amusing. (sophisticated laugh) ha, ha, ha!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:35 pm
(Dys staggers back in, obviously drunk, with pool cue in hand. He goes up to the bar and inspects the platter of canapes)

Hey! Hey! Unhand those dainties, sir! Get thee back to Kickycan's Saloon!!

(Dys sheepishly exits, munching on a slice of lemon mint bread, that he totally ripped off)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:38 pm
Excuse me, do you have aperatif? Or do I have to bring my own dentures?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:40 pm
Well, if there isn't a pool table, perhaps there is a reflecting pond..
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:48 pm
Give it up to mary, this place serves mint iced tea and cucumber finger sandwiches! declared unfit by the sanitation department for human constipation.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:51 pm
Are you back again!!! (Shows Dys the door)

Osso, you'll love here. I have a nice table over here, near a little fountain.

Here you are, Lord Ellpus (hands him his second bottle of sherry)

Yep, lords and ladies -- that's the kind of classy customers I want here!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:54 pm
Does this fine establishment offer a nice relaxing massage, perchance?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Stray Cat's Bistro...Now Under New Management
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 10:37:55