Reverse breakup?

axl

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2023 01:02 am
Hi all, so I broke up with this girl in person about 6 months ago after it seemed she became slightly different and distant feeling. We talked often as friends for a couple of weeks and then I told her I didn't want to hear from her because she started acting like she broke up with me... It was unusual and weird I thought. 5 months later she reappeared and messaged me on Facebook, basically saying she purposely changed and had been faking most of the affection for me during our 2.5-month fling. She said she almost broke up with me but was too afraid I'd argue and said she was a coward, so she purposely let me do it. I never yelled at her or laid a hand on her. My question is: has this ever happened to anyone or is it more a "saving face" gesture in front of a supposed new bf? Something else? Any input, experiences, or questions are welcome Smile Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 179 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2023 08:25 am
@axl,
She sounds like a timid, manipulative waste of time and I think you dodged a bullet.

If she has that many issues with a simple breakup with someone who she wasn't married or engaged to, then this is potentially a damaged person who's been abused before, and that's not a reclamation project you want, either.

Or, like you said, it's some sort of odd face-saving gesture.

Repeat after me: not my circus, not my monkeys.

Block her and get on with your life.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2023 09:20 am
When I dodge a bullet, I am grateful for dodging the bullet. You were fortunate. Move on celebrate.
0 Replies