Italian Red Cross helping the enemy?

Baldimo

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 10:00 pm
Source
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is the Red Cross helping our enemies? Are they now choosing sides in this conflict? Have they forgotten that workers for the Red Cross have been killed? I wonder if their is a way to prevent the workers involved from being able to enter Iraq again and if there is some way to punish them for helping and setting free the enemy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 924 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 12:46 am
Quote:
Why is the Red Cross helping our enemies?

Shocked
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 12:53 am
Re: Italian Red Cross helping the enemy?
Besides, I think the answer is already given here:

Baldimo wrote:

In a statement Thursday, the Italian government stopped short of denying it knew about the deal. It said Scelli acted independently and that the government "never conditioned or oriented his action, which ... was developed in complete autonomy."
The statement also did not directly address if Italy had kept the United States in the dark about Scelli's efforts but reiterated that Italy has always maintained a "full and reciprocal" cooperation with its American allies in Iraq.
[...]
The International Red Cross said it was not involved in or informed of Scelli's activities. It said the Italian Red Cross is an independent organization that doesn't answer to the Geneva-based International Committee of the Red Cross.
"Scelli worked mostly in a personal capacity," said spokeswoman Antonella Notari. "I would not qualify what he did as an Italian Red Cross activity."
Notari would not comment on whether Scelli's initiatives violated the ICRC's pledge of neutrality, saying the commission needed more information from the Italian branch.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:59 am
Is it the job of Red Cross workers to turn the people they treat over to one side or the other?

I thought they just fed and treated people medically and then sent them on their way.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:31 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
Is it the job of Red Cross workers to turn the people they treat over to one side or the other?

I thought they just fed and treated people medically and then sent them on their way.

What should a hospital do if someone comes in with a gun shot? Treat them and turn them loose?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:34 pm
Baldimos own people are traitors. Kill them Baldimo, kill kill kill. Or at least cut off their cable access.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:42 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Baldimos own people are traitors. Kill them Baldimo, kill kill kill. Or at least cut off their cable access.

They're not my people. I'm an American and have affiliation with the Italian people or their govt.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:45 pm
no affiliation? You pride yourself on not being a white man but rather an Italian when it suits your purposes (whatever the hell they are) but now wish to turn your back on your own kind?

Now who's the turncoat here?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 04:11 pm
Shoot all them pasta-benders . . . then let the Pope sort 'em out . . .
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 05:07 pm
Hiding, aiding and releasing known murderers in agreement for a favor--is negotiating with terrorists. The killers they treated, hid and released have likely killed or will kill troops in Iraq.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 05:15 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
no affiliation? You pride yourself on not being a white man but rather an Italian when it suits your purposes (whatever the hell they are) but now wish to turn your back on your own kind?

Now who's the turncoat here?

Because I come from an Italian heritage doesn't mean I'm Italian. I don't use Italian-American, I use American. My heritage doesn't make me who I am it only gives me my physical looks.

Nice way to turn the thread around at me by the way. Care to say anything about the actual thread?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 05:41 pm
okay, it's a non issue. who give' a rats ass other than people who want to kill kill kill?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 05:45 pm
We would have done the same thing for our guys. All is fair in war.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:25 pm
Amigo wrote:
We would have done the same thing for our guys. All is fair in war.

We would? How many Americans have had their heads cut off on TV because we wouldn't work with their captors? 5 that I can think of right away.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:26 pm
If we were the Italians.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:33 pm
Amigo wrote:
If we were the Italians.

Thank God we are not them. They have opened themselves up to more kidnappings and more giving in to their demands. I do feel sorry for them.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:57 pm
Nevermind
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 07:38 pm
Italian history is a thicket of a complex system, to the extent it maintains structure of system. Baldimo is, I gather more italian than I, as anyone is, me being irish/am. Still, the sensibility you see in the topic example seems prevalent there to me - and sure, not across the board.
0 Replies