Why the Christian god is imperfect and unfair

Mon 23 Oct, 2023 06:49 pm
I don't know if Christianity is true or not because I don't know if god, the paranormal, and the afterlife exist or not. But, I'm going to explain my personal reasons for why I think the Christian god is imperfect and unfair. First of all, according to Christianity, god is perfect, which means he can't sin. Having free will means it's possible for one to sin. But, since it's impossible for god to sin, that means he doesn't have free will. Jesus is perfect like god, according to Christianity, which means he doesn't have free will either.

Now, a perfect being always takes the best course of action, and god could've either created humans and Satan perfect like him and Jesus (having no free will), or having free will. If god took the former course of action by creating them as perfect, that means nobody would face the horrendous fate of eternal suffering or annihilation in hell, and neither would god be displeased by sin because sin wouldn't exist. So, obviously, this is the best course of action god should've taken. It completely avoids the risk of going to hell.

It says in the bible that god desires nobody to go to hell, and he desires to be pleased. So, he did the wrong thing by giving humans and Satan free will, which means god is imperfect. Here's another reason why he's imperfect. He didn't bestow the realization of his existence and the existence of hell upon me and everyone else upon our very birth. Having this realization would compel us to repent to avoid hell and be saints. But, since he hasn't given us this realization, we're not compelled to.

Now, there are some people who are compelled to because they're convinced, based upon their research, that Christianity is true. But, when it comes to researching any controversial topic, such as whether Christianity is true or not, or whether vaccines are safe and effective or not, some people, including myself, can't find the answer, despite hours of online research into these topics. That's why I've given up on doing more research and why I'm not compelled to repent.

So, god (if he exists) should've given us the realization that Christianity is true. He could've done so by speaking from the sky and/or implanting this realization in our minds. Since he hasn't, that means he's imperfect. Here's another reason he's imperfect. People who are aware of the gospel and don't believe it and don't repent go to hell. So, god could've erased their awareness of the gospel right before their bodily death to save them from hell, since those who aren't aware of the gospel are saved.

He could've done so by using his divine power or by creating humans with brains that have a mechanism that automatically erases memories of the gospel before bodily death. Since he hasn't done so, then he's imperfect. Now, here are reasons why I think he's unfair. If someone came to the wrong conclusion about any controversial topic, based upon his research, then it would be cruel and unfair to cast him into hell for that. So, let's pretend Christianity is true and someone became an atheist, based upon his research.

It would be cruel and unfair for god to cast that atheist into hell. The atheist didn't know better because he was deceived. Here's another reason why god is unfair. There are babies who die upon birth or in the womb. They go to heaven without having to endure life's hardships or living a Christian lifestyle. But, other people must endure much hardship and undergo the rigorous task of proving themselves worthy of entering heaven by living a Christian life of repentance, prayer, reading the bible, etc.

This is unfair because those babies don't have to, while other people do. God should've made the souls of those babies, and the souls of anyone unaware of the gospel, do so after bodily death. But, he doesn't. He just grants them free access to heaven, which is unfair. There are other reasons god is unfair and imperfect, and these are just my personal reasons I wanted to share.

But, it's controversial as to whether he's perfect and fair or not, and I said I don't know the answer to controversial topics. So, even though I don't know if he's perfect and fair or not, I've given my reasons supporting the idea that he's unfair and imperfect.

Frank Apisa

Tue 24 Oct, 2023 03:04 am
@Mindwave,
Not a bad essay, but it could still use some tightening.

Question, if I may: Do you have plans to become a writer...or is this just a particular subject about which you decided to write?

izzythepush

Tue 24 Oct, 2023 07:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Agreed.

A good place to start would be looking at other sacrified gods, Osiris, Marduk and Wotan all died to save humanity before Christ was crucified.

It might be an idea to look at other interpretations of Christianity.

Gnostics believe that Yahweh was the Demiurge, a blind creator who stole souls from the true God, and Christ was that God's messenger.

Other interptetaions have Christ and Lucifer as the same person.
0 Replies

kjw47

Mon 30 Oct, 2023 08:17 pm
@Mindwave,
God is love. He is not the sadist taught by those who teach a literal eternal suffering. Those blind guides live in darkness that teach a literal eternal suffering-RUN FROM THEM.
izzythepush

Tue 31 Oct, 2023 01:31 am
@kjw47,
People should run from you, simplistic fundamentalists mired in dogma.
kjw47

Tue 7 Nov, 2023 07:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Jesus was clear--those walking the broad and spacious path to destruction)-----not everlasting life to suffer, it is symbolic.
izzythepush

Wed 8 Nov, 2023 02:23 am
@kjw47,
What Jesus said, if he existed, is the product of 3rd or 4th hand information.

Chinese whispers to the Nth degree.
kjw47

Sat 11 Nov, 2023 08:17 pm
@izzythepush,
God preserved the teachings of Jesus, they are the same in every translation on earth. Some translations used-land instead of earth at Matt 5:5 to try and mislead so they can tell the lie-all are going to heaven.
izzythepush

Sun 12 Nov, 2023 01:03 am
@kjw47,
Absolute tosh.

Your bible is a political document intended to cement the power of the church in Rome.

There was a load of stuff missed out.

Even today there are oral tales about Christ in the ME which also d8dn't make the cut.

An unthinking adherance to dogma makes you come up with nonsense like this.
kjw47

Sun 12 Nov, 2023 04:42 pm
@izzythepush,
You are being mislead. God inspired his bible, God made sure in these last days the corrections were made to preserve his truths, nothing left out.
izzythepush

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 02:29 am
@kjw47,
No I'm not.

The Bible was written by men.

And it's not original, it's a lot of stuff cobbled together like Gilgamesh.

And the 10 Commandments originally appeared in the Egyptian Book of the Dead, long before a burning bush allegedly revealed them to Moses.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 12:32 pm
@kjw47,
Christians appreciate being criticized by atheists as much as you enjoy being criticized by Christians. There's a load of dead wood in both groups.
kjw47

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 04:40 pm
@izzythepush,
You listen to those who reason falsely.
kjw47

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 04:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Not all is as appears in this satan ruled world. Jesus is with a single religion out of the hundreds that claim to be christian. 99% are these teachers-2Cor 11:12-15
izzythepush

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 04:44 pm
@kjw47,
You deal with simplistic platitudes.
kjw47

Mon 13 Nov, 2023 07:41 pm
@izzythepush,
I share fact.
izzythepush

Tue 14 Nov, 2023 02:23 am
@kjw47,
No you don't, you lie about facts and ignore the truth.

You ignored this fact, and I'm sure you'll ignore/lie about it in future.

Quote:
Vardy points out that, in the UK, home to approximately 130,000 adult Jehovah’s Witnesses – there are roughly 8.5 million members worldwide – very little is known about the organisation and how it operates. She suggests that the perception from outsiders is of “harmless Christians that knock on your door, wanting to talk about God”.

She offers her own view of what it was like growing up in Norwich, attending Kingdom Hall meetings and Bible studies twice a week, or standing on the street doing “service rounds”. She talks of the end of days and the books she read when she was very young, which showed her detailed pictures of what Armageddon would look like. She felt judged by the outside world and accepted only by other Jehovah’s Witnesses.

From the age of 11, her life fell into disarray. Her parents divorced and she left Norwich, leading to former family members and friends “shunning” the family (divorce is allowed only under very limited circumstances). At 12, Vardy was sexually abused. By 15, she was “acting out” and was told to leave the family home. She has had very little contact with her family, many of whom are still Jehovah’s Witnesses, since.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses deny that “shunning” takes place, but there are several accounts here from people who have left the church and say that even their closest family members no longer talk to them. One man admits that he shunned his own children and was instructed to hang up the phone if they called him.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/may/16/rebekah-vardy-jehovahs-witnesses-and-me-review-this-harrowing-documentary-will-totally-surprise-you<br />

It's a corrupt religion full of child abuse and self promotion.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 14 Nov, 2023 08:11 am
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote:

Not all is as appears in this satan ruled world. Jesus is with a single religion out of the hundreds that claim to be christian. 99% are these teachers-2Cor 11:12-15

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

I do not think it says what you think it does. It condemns fakes Christians.
kjw47

Tue 14 Nov, 2023 04:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Apostles were the lead teachers. False apostles are teachers transforming into angels of light, but they really teach darkness. 99% of all the religions claiming to be christian, do not listen to and obey Jesus.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 19 Nov, 2023 08:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
There is a good Channel 4 series, Everyone Else Burns, it's about the JW's, but thinly disguised enough to please the lawyers.

It's about the bigotry and narcissism of cult leaders in general.

It is anasty religion, straight off it says only x amount of people will sit a God's right hand, and only JW's will be saved.

This is how cults operate, everyone else is the enemy, unsaved, in the thrall of Stan.

It's like all cults, everyone else is wrong, everybody else burns.

Compare that to the Sufi parable about the Christian, the Muslim and the Jewish man who all have an equal share in some money, but can't agree on what to spend it on.

They all wanted something different, but a Sufi overheard them and told them they all wanted the same thing, grapes.