Why the Christian god is imperfect and unfair

izzythepush

Wed 29 Nov, 2023 06:57 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Do you think Kjw listens to Technical Death Metal, because Oralloy does?
kjw47

Wed 29 Nov, 2023 05:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Why because he can see reality and you cannot because dogma gets in the way in your religion over bible truths?
0 Replies

kjw47

Wed 29 Nov, 2023 05:01 pm
@izzythepush,
I wouldn't listen to that crap.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 29 Nov, 2023 08:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Of course not. It's just one of many purely random coinkydinks.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 29 Nov, 2023 08:34 pm
@BobbyEdwards,
Because G*D created robots and not human kind with free will in his own image?

kjw47

Thu 30 Nov, 2023 09:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
If all were robots, none would sin. All have free will to choose to sin or not.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 30 Nov, 2023 10:37 pm
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote:

Actually we have no choice. We are born into sin by our sinful nature. We are saved by Grace not by our good works. We just sin too much.

Are you suggesting anyone can be saved by just choosing to not sin? Are you suggesting there are those without sin?
Frank Apisa

Fri 1 Dec, 2023 06:37 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

kjw47 wrote:

Actually we have no choice. We are born into sin by our sinful nature. We are saved by Grace not by our good works. We just sin too much.

Are you suggesting anyone can be saved by just choosing to not sin? Are you suggesting there are those without sin?

Actually, since a sin is nothing more than something a human does that offends his/her GOD...

...we all sin beause the gods we have invented are too goddam quick to be offended. **** the gods...and what offend them. And **** the people who want to dictate laws that supposedly force humans to do what their gods want them to do.

Kjw's god is too goddam easily offended, Bobsal...and, sorry to say, so is yours. In fact, so are all the other gods.
hightor

Fri 1 Dec, 2023 08:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Their "god" even gets jealous!
bobsal u1553115

Fri 1 Dec, 2023 11:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
https://i.imgur.com/uViMdHS.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/uViMdHS.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 1 Dec, 2023 11:53 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Their "god" even gets jealous!

Yup. And brags about it!

"I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishments
for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate
me, down to the third and fourth generation."

Deuteronomy 5:9
kjw47

Fri 1 Dec, 2023 08:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Most misunderstand that passage. God does not condemn ones children for their parents personal sins. Its that those wicked parents hand down the same wicked practices to their own children, in that way they are punished for the same wicked practices.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 1 Dec, 2023 09:50 pm
@kjw47,
You finally got one right!

But in the end the things we do or don't do are on our own head. It's not G*D's fault anyone's parents were good or bad.

I have to get that testimony from the Spirit on my own regardless of the state of grace of anyone else, and come to Jesus.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 2 Dec, 2023 05:12 am
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote:

Most misunderstand that passage. God does not condemn ones children for their parents personal sins. Its that those wicked parents hand down the same wicked practices to their own children, in that way they are punished for the same wicked practices.

Pardon my bluntness, kjw, but that is bullshit. The one "misunderstanding" that passage...which really is not a misunderstanding but actually "purposefully distorting"...is you and those like you who want to defend that comic book god of yours.

The god of Abraham is twisted...and the people who feel obligated to support it are twisting things in order to make their defense seem justified.

There may indeed be a GOD of some sort, but the chances of it being the god of the Bible is about the same as it being Jupiter, Jove, Zeus, Odin or Superman.

kjw47

Sat 2 Dec, 2023 04:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Its not God who is twisted, its mortals who are twisted. Gods love is immeasurable, if you knew him you would know that. He is just, merciful.
izzythepush

Sat 2 Dec, 2023 05:12 pm
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote:

Its not God who is twisted,

It's your guts.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 3 Dec, 2023 04:59 am
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote:

Its not God who is twisted, its mortals who are twisted. Gods love is immeasurable, if you knew him you would know that. He is just, merciful.

The god of the Bible is twisted, kjw. That is why you attempted to make the quote I gave from the Bible mean something other than what it actually says.

"I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishments
for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate
me, down to the third and fourth generation."
Deuteronomy 5:9

That is the problem with that god. In order to make it look reasonable or "loveable, just, and merciful"...you folk have to distort.

Stick with your distortion for yourself...you apparently need it. But if you are going to post here and present those distortions, you are going to be called on it. Best for you if you do not do it.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 3 Dec, 2023 10:15 am
Imperfect, unfair, and dithering:

Genesis 6:6-7: God was going to destroy everything, but then he found Noah and changed his mind/plan.

Exodus 32:9-14: God changed his mind about killing the Israelites for making a golden calf.

1 Samuel 15:10-11: God regrets making Saul king.

Jeremiah 18:7-10: God has the capacity to change his mind depending on future unknown outcomes.

Jonah 3:10-4:2: God changed his mind about Nineveh.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 3 Dec, 2023 02:02 pm
@hightor,
Dithering or evolving?
hightor

Sun 3 Dec, 2023 02:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
A supreme personal being is supposed to be omniscient – but I like your evolving deity a lot more, a guy with more power than he knows what to do with, a guy who makes mistakes, a hapless guy who gets into jams and gets out of them, all the while trying to cover up his failings and disguise the fact that he's in way over his head!

Reminds me of an old story. It was a beautiful, sunny Sunday afternoon while Moses, Jesus, and another guy were out playing golf. On the first tee-box, Moses pulls out his driver and blisters a shot up the right side of the fairway, rolling fast towards a water hazard. Moses quickly raised his club, parting the water while his ball rolls through to the other side safely.

Next up on the tee, Jesus hits a really long drive right towards the very same water hazard. His ball came to rest dead center of the pond, hovering just over the surface of the water. Jesus casually walks out onto the pond, and chips it up onto the green within a couple feet of the flagstick.

Not impressed, the third guy steps up to the tee without taking any time and just randomly whacks at the ball. Rightfully so, the ball is hit with a nasty hook that clears the left OB markers and goes over a fence into oncoming traffic. It bounces off a truck’s windshield hitting a nearby tree, bounces onto the roof of the greenkeeper’s shed, back out onto the fairway and towards the same pond that Moses and Jesus hit. Before it gets wet, the ball ricochets off a small rock and bounces onto a lily pad on over the water when a bullfrog jumped up and ate the ball. Right at that moment, a bald eagle swoops down and grabs the frog, flying away. As it flew over the green, the frog squeals with fright and drops the ball right next to the flagstick, taking one bounce and landing in the cup for an astounding hole in one.

In disgust, Moses then turns to Jesus and says, “I hate playing with your Dad.”