There are Texans with some sense?

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:00 pm
WHEREAS: The City of El Paso and its people share a long and common cultural, economic, and social history with Ciudad Juarez, the State of Chihuahua, and the Country of Mexico; and

WHEREAS: The future prosperity and global competitiveness of the El Paso and Cuidad Juarez border region will depend on a spirit of cooperation and good-will; and

WHEREAS: The citizens of the great City of El Paso, Texas want to ensure safe, legal passage of immigrants and visitors to our city and country; and

WHEREAS: The City of El Paso and its elected officials fully support duly authorized law enforcement officials in enforcing the rule of law concerning immigration regulations; and

WHEREAS: The City of El Paso and its elected officials firmly reject civilian attempts to enforce immigration law;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF EL PASO: That the City of El Paso strongly opposes the establishment of any "Minutemen" installments, or affiliated groups, in the City of El Paso.

link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 653 • Replies: 12
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:04 pm
There are plenty of Texans with good sense.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:04 pm
Sorry Edgar,

Up here we just see the one in the White House.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:07 pm
Naw, we saw the congressional escape to New Mexico last year (or was that a couple years ago?).
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:12 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Sorry Edgar,

Up here we just see the one in the White House.

*ahem*

Nice to see you too, e.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:17 pm
littlek wrote:
Naw, we saw the congressional escape to New Mexico last year (or was that a couple years ago?).

The Texas state senators escaped to Albuquerque in late July of 2003 to delay (pun intended) redistricting of the US Congressional districts; the state House members had previously fled to Ardmore, OK in May.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:27 pm
Yeah that, and the Diddies too!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:34 pm
I'm hoping we don't have to come back up there to make a good first impression...
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:47 am
Texans with good sense? here's one for ya...mr. d is a full blooded texan, born and raised in austin...and last night after getting ripped up, he had enough sense to walk 5 miles home instead of driving. yeah, good sense-why not call a cab? his answer, walking was cheaper. why not call your lovely wife (me) and ask for a ride, he did, but since it was so loud in the club, i couldn't hear what he was saying, plus it was all slurred, so he hung up on me cuz i kept yelling "WHAT????? I CAN'T HEAR YOU????"

yeah, good common sense Smile heehee
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:52 am
My deepest apologies to all good Texans.

I cover my head in embarrassment for the title of my thread and retract all aspersions I have ever cast on any Texans who are not currently residing in the White House.

That being said, I think the proclaimation from El Paso is pretty cool.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:28 am
ebrown_p wrote:
My deepest apologies to all good Texans.

I cover my head in embarrassment for the title of my thread and retract all aspersions I have ever cast on any Texans who are not currently residing in the White House.

That being said, I think the proclaimation from El Paso is pretty cool.

i agree, i didn't know what minutemen were until i read some of the stuff on the link you posted. and i am still a little unclear. are they just civilians who decide they must patrol the boarder?

and don't worry about texans, some are good, some are ridiculous. no covering of the head in embarrassment dear ebrown.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 10:14 am
There are a few Blue islands here; we do outreach work to the rest of them.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 05:06 pm
I was being arbitrary. I understand why people say those things about Texans. Still, there really are lots of good people here. Bush is an embarrassment I will have to learn to live with. The original post about El Paso deserves to be commented on.
0 Replies