IT was NOT what we were expecting to hear!! (pregnancy)

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:02 pm
So we went for our BIG (official) ultrasound today. As you know we were told it's a female (but she said it was too blurry).

Naturally after finding out we went out to Babies R' Us to buy some girl eskimo coats for alaska, so the last thing we were expecting today was to see a 5th limb.

IT'S A BOY!!!

We saw several pictures, so she's positive this time that it's a boy. Ryan said he saw "the rocket" right away. I had no clue.

I'm so happy!!! Mr. Joah is going on and on about how his boy is going to be "Mr. Tough-guy." hahaha

These are TERRIBLE pics because we can't find my scanner (it's in an unopened box), so I had to take a picture of the sonogram we got.

"Jordan Ryan..." is sucking his thumb.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/PG/20wks4days.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/PG/20wks4dys.jpg

Wooohoo. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 923 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:03 pm
I KNEW IT! I knew it I knew it I knew it!

Congratulations!!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 01:04 pm
Laughing

I didn't believe the tech doing the ultrasound and she could tell because she kept saying, "here.. let me get another picture so you can see for yourself." Laughing
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:12 pm
WooHoo! That was exactly what I had predicted for you was a BOY!! Not that I was disappointed that you were having a girl, cause I wasn't, but I thought I had lost my baby predictor intuition!

I'm very happy for you and daddy, Jo! Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:55 pm
Yay! Trust the mother's instinct.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:24 pm
Um, you kept the receipts, I hope.

Jordan might feel a little silly in a pink eskimo coat. Very Happy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:56 am
Thanks everyone. I can't stop looking at the picture. We called everyone and now they're not sure if they should buy anything because we may tell them something different again. haha

Well, I told myself not to buy any clothes that are more than $10, so a lot of the clothes I got was from Ross (each piece is like $3). I think I have the receipts for the Babies R' Us coats we got.

Husband wants to go and get an army uniform for baby boys. oh boy... lol
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:58 am
Onesies are unisex. Buy everything green and yellow, just to be sure.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:09 am
Yep.

And red, we got a lot of red, works either way.

Blue too for that matter.

And orange.

OK, the only thing we avoided was pink. (Maybe THAT's why she's so fixated on it now...)

I definitely have heard many, many mistaken identity stories -- sozlet was ID'ed as a boy by one ultrasound, girl by another. I know people who were absolutely 100% sure about one or the other and then were shocked when the baby actually arrived.

Red's nice. :-) (I seem to give out red overalls with a white t-shirt to go underneath fairly often to indeterminate newborns-to-be...)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:18 am
The pics are so sweet,congratulations.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:19 am
Yep, my daughter came home from the birth center in a red fleece outfit that had been her brother's. She still looks great in red.

We avoided pink too and just like the sozlet, ducklet loves it. Though she'll often accept red for a substitute.

I remember bitching non-stop about the limited pastel colors that seemed to be all that was available for babies. I don't know if that's changed or not.
0 Replies