Is this inappropriate or normal for a teacher to do?

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 01:27 pm
Okay so my teacher that some of my friends thinks likes me), stares at me a few times (3-4) in class. It's not a normal 'why aren't you working' stare because I always do my work in that class, its' my favorite subject why wouldn't I? Yet the look is really......"Deep" and just like he's in intense thought, his pupils and irises seem huge. He always shows favoritism, we've clicked since we've met (in a friendly way) I've even went to him several times for some times when I've been stressed out and he even insisted that I come back often to update him. When he hasn't gotten a chance to see me that day he makes sure to ask one of my friends if I'm okay. Another thing that he does a lot is tell people that I'm amazing or awesome one day he even told a friend that he already missed me since i was absent due to a doctors appointment. I was thinking that this was normal because every teacher has their students that they're more fond of but my friends even start to point it out. I'm a freshman and he's in his late twenties, thanks for the help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,255 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 02:13 pm
@anachronistic,
Well he could very will just wish to be a mentor to a student that he happen to think highly of and at a guess that could be the more likely then not situation.

Just do not be alone with him just in case and as long as he never made any moves that is outside a student/teacher relationship I would grant him the benefit of the doubt.

If he at some point do made comments or take actions that are clearly out of bound then reporting it at once to both your parents and the school would be the correct action to take.
0 Replies

Paigethomas666

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 09:38 pm
@anachronistic,
I have almost the exact same situation. The most likely cause is you're his favorite student and he sees something in you academically. Some people just click sometimes.
0 Replies