The War - How do ya like it so far?

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:38 pm
You think that's possible? I mean, who would know Saddam is dead with all their communications cut off? c.i.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 11:04 am
One never knows, do one? as Fats Waller was fond of saying.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 09:00 pm
And, now, all these months later, how do ya really like it?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 09:43 pm
Yeah, I do have too much time...
I read most of the pages. It sure was interesting. Many of the posters were correct right from the beginning about the wrongness of this unecessary pre-emptive invasion. Most of the various views hadn't changed. The ones that were incorrect seem to have disappeared from the BB. Hmmmm...

Also, it seems that the Iraq war garnered much more attention than Afghanistan, which btw is still going on and seems to be dismall. When the wars are no longer exciting I wonder how many will stop posting on the BB. Well, Iraq seems to be getting 99.99% attention. I bet there will be big drop off.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 10:14 pm
Before George Bush the first launched the first Iraq War, I told my brother, who was gung ho for it, "You aren't going to be happy with the way it ends. The politicians don't know what they are doing when it comes to the Middle East. They mess up everything they touch." I don't see any reason to alter that assessment.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:17 pm
It would seem...
that after all of the wars people would catch on the wars don't solve problems rather they create more problems. So...I am guessing that most human beings don't learn from the past.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:32 pm
That's for dang sure!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:38 pm
PDid, The only thing your story missed was that the murderer was in fear that the guy he killed "may have" had connections to a gang in another town, but it was later learned it was only a rumor.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 12:46 am
Edgarblythe reminds me of the idiots during World War II who were always grousing about the high American casualty rate and the shortages created by war. I will never forget the stunned silence that greeted the pictures of the Holocaust.

Edgar Blythe apparently doesn't believe that the people massacred by Hussein weren't human. Just towel heads, eh, Edgar?

You probably don't remember, Edgar Blythe, that the most brilliant president of the twentieth century, Bill Clinton, told us in his address in December 1998 just before he ordered missles to rain on Baghdad, that Hussein would build Weapons of Mass Destruction and use them.

You wouldn;t doubt Bill Clinton would you, Edgar Blythe?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 01:10 am
A used car.
How many politicians, incl B. Clinton would you buy a used car from?

I cannot think of one. Rolling Eyes

BTW All of the former Presidents that dealt with Saddam didn't complain about him until he decided that he wanted to annex Kuwait. Same goes for Noriga. No complaints until he announced that he was going keep the Panama Canal. I could list a bunch of situations like this.

It's about power and wealth. Who has it and who wants to keep it. All this giberish about Freedom and Democracy is so much hypocracy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 05:34 am
No need to be personal and abusive in disagreeing with me, Italigato. Also, you try to give me political positions based on your own emotions rather than anything I have said or implied.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 05:36 am
Incidentally, I did not vote for Clinton when he soundly defeated Republican Dole.
0 Replies