Welcome to the New Members!

blankface

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 04:50 pm
Being welcomed
Its good to find a community of use online. Seperate from an actual community I become more robotic myself, so that I'm convinced I need some sort of injection of human intelligence to live well. So I'm sort of clawing for answers on the web, becoming interested in the emerging VR concepts, looking for truly good games and venues for my poetry. I'm glad to have at least the appearance of human attention. Thanks...
Nathan L. Coppedge
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:19 pm
Welcome, blankface, the attention is real here, usually.
0 Replies

HL

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:54 pm
I used to be a regular at the Diplomacy forums at Blizz Forums. I also used to be a mod at Starcraft 2.com and a super mod at BNGaming.

I'm currently a member of scii.org forums and this forum. Smile

PS. If you meant where I'm from in real life, I live in Australia. Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 12:36 pm
Oh, my Gawd! Another Aussie. Laughing

And to the rest of you--a big, fat, mat of

Welcome
0 Replies

Evince

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 05:23 pm
Hullo there! Everyone here looks pretty friendly so I'll dive right in. I live in Ohio, found the site while searching goggle for debate forums. I love to read debates, but I usually just hang around and read them, not posting any. Wow, this place is huge! I'm going to have a whole lot of fun surfing around. It's nice to meet you all!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 07:04 pm
Welcome, Evince! Feel free to butt into any thread anytime. Don't be just an eavesdropper. Say something. BTW, you'll run into a fair number of other Ohioans here.

Well, perhaps 'fair' isn't the right word...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 07:30 pm
Also, people love to debate here and some of the fiercest seeming are friends.

Enjoy...
0 Replies

Quixoticwolf

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:02 am
Hey everyone! I'm new here, just found this site surfing for some song lyrics, the music community here looks great. I look forward to participating at some level ^_^
0 Replies

Evince

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 06:09 am
Thanks for the warm welcome, I can tell I'm going to like it here!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 06:33 am
A Warm Welcome to Evince, Quixotic Wolf, and HL and Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah and WHATEVER YOU WISH YOURSELF FOR 2004 Smile
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 06:43 am
So many newbies, so little time! Welcome to all, have a good time...
0 Replies

bequibar

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 05:18 pm
new in the forum
well, i just got married... now my husband and i wish to make some improvements in our apartment, so here i am.
hoping to browse this board for the answers to the scary questions that lead into the murky world of diy home improvement Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 05:45 pm
Welcome to bequibar , Evince , and Quixoticwolf . I look forward to seeing you around the boards here.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 06:36 pm
bequibar, I can't help you out much with apartment questions, but if you ever move into a shack or a hut.... then I'm the guy to talk to.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:33 pm
Bequibar, welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

Hel

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 11:52 am
Hi everybody! Smile
My name is Helen. I have many interests, like languages, writing, foreign countries (especially East Asia - I'm learning Japanese), politics, thinking about serious stuff^^ and learning about anything new...
I'm from Germany, so English is a foreign language to me - please ignore my faults... Wink
I'm sure to find some nice and interesting conversation here.

Take care!
Helen
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:06 pm
Wonderful to have you here, Helen!
0 Replies

Amelia

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:04 pm
After an exhaustive search of every site with forums on the net, I chose to give myself a membership to Able2Know as a holiday gift.

I'm a music-lover; singer, piano player and flautist. The nuances of the English language intrigue me. I enjoy reading, mostly biographies and sci-fi. As you might be able to tell by my rose avatar and sig line, I am a complete romantic; which, I believe, someone characterized as 'the triumph of hope over experience.' Finally, I am a complete junkie for politics...and it's certainly heightened as we are into this final year before the reign of Bush II is over :wink: .

It's so nice to join and immediately receive a PM to come on down and introduce oneself - here I am; hope we have fun! Very Happy
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:07 pm
Welcome Amelia! Have fun looking around and feel free to ask questions. We're (mostly) a friendly group - although things get a little more confrontational over in the Politics Forum...

Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:12 pm
Welcome to A2K Amelia! Very Happy

I know that you will find plenty to sink your teeth into on this site. Enjoy!
0 Replies