Welcome to the New Members!

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 01:59 pm
Consider that a don't ask, don't tell question, Merry A. The answer will just make you mad. Mad, I tell you!
0 Replies

xleighellenx

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 09:39 am
I'm new Smile but think this board is really cool Very Happy
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 09:44 am
Welcome, xleighellenx! Have fun looking around. Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 09:45 am
Just wait, xleighellenx. When you get to know a few people, it's even better. Glad you stopped in.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2003 09:46 am
Well, I'm not new, in any sense Rolling Eyes , and I think this board is pretty cool too. Welcome, xleighelenx, and all the others I'cve overlooked. Hope you enjoy it here ... feel free to prowl around and play with stuff; you can't break anything. Down at the bottom of my posts are color-formated links to lots of good information and tips and tricks ... and feel free to holler any time you want help with something.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 06:27 pm
“A generous parent should have said, ‘If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace’; and this single reflection, well applied, is sufficient to awaken every man to duty.”
---Thomas Paine in “The American Crisis (1776-83)”, December, 1776.

Alexander Tyler writing about the viability of democracy, in “The Cycle of Democracy”, 1778:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.”
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 06:37 pm
Welcome, xleighellenx, and other newcomers!

and since the big concert is happening in T.O. right now ...

Time is on my side, yes it is

Now you always say
That you want to be free
But you'll come running back (said you would baby)
You'll come running back (I said so many times before)
You'll come running back to me

Oh, time is on my side, yes it is

You're searching for good times
But just wait and see
You'll come running back (I won't have to worry no more)
You'll come running back (spend the rest of my life with you, baby)
You'll come running back to me

Go ahead, go ahead and light up the town
And baby, do everything your heart desires
Remember, I'll always be around
And I know, I know
Like I told you so many times before
You're gonna come back, baby
'Cause I know
You're gonna come back knocking
Yeah, knocking right on my door
Yes, yes!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 06:38 pm
I remember you, Ican. Do you remember me? Conflict resolution...and who could forget Thomas Paine, the most marvelous propagandist of our time...Hobson's choice. Smile
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 07:48 pm
Letty,

Thomas Paine, the most marvelous propagandist of our time???

Our time??????

I'm a seasoned citizen, but not that seasoned.

Paine died in 1809 at the age of 72.

So how come I can remember that, but I cannot remember any of our former discussions?

But then my memory was never as good as it use to be.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 09:16 pm
Someone or other once said that the difference between Europeans and Americans is that Europeans think that 100 miles (or km) is a long distance while Americans think that 100 years is a long time. I agree with Letty in considering Tom Payne pretty much a man of our time.

Welcome, ican. You say your memory was never as good as it used to be. I can relate to that. I'm not the man I used to be, either. But, then again, I never was.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 09:19 pm
Good to see you here, ican.

akaRoger
0 Replies

Helena Lee

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 01:57 am
Smile
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 01:59 am
Welcome all !!
0 Replies

Helena Lee

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 02:04 am
nice to get your greeting
Smile
0 Replies

Helena Lee

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 02:06 am
Thanks a lot.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 08:41 pm
Helena Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:49 am
So many new members!!!!! Very Happy
I can't keep up, so will say a BIG welcome to you all! Very Happy
WELCOME!
0 Replies

1deacon4u

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:03 pm
Hello to all.
Hi. I am finding this site to be really interesting. So far everyone seems genuine, and I have already gotten help from various members. As my username implies, I am a deacon. I don't mind highlighting my Christo-centricity, because it is part of who I am. I am a lifelong learner and have deemed myself a budding intellectual. I'm a family man. I spend a lot of my time entertaining my wife and kids with marginally funny jokes and gross misrepresenations of humorous jestures. I am looking for a community of web-goers with interests similiar to mine and maybe build some solid relationships in the process. I am, however, much deeper than this attempt at an introduction implies. In the words of the Antarctic Ambassador to the Royal Potentate of the Peak Keepers of Mt. Kilamanjaro,"_________________."

peace and love,
1deacon4u
0 Replies

pulubear

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 01:01 pm
I am an absolute neophyte when it comes to forums/chat sites - you see I don't even know what to call what I've tumbled upon.

About me: I have a passion for poetry and literature. My job requires that I fly a lot (Toronto, New York, Vancouver, Seattle) and as a result it's very difficult to join a book club or even attend a class in order to engage in stimulating discussion. I also love to write poetry and would like a wider audience to provide feedback. So...I was hoping that I might find "like minded individuals" in a place such as this. If anyone out there has any "tips" for the novice, please feel free to share!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 01:18 pm
Welcome newbies! Have fun looking around... Very Happy
0 Replies