Welcome to the New Members!

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:24 pm
Kalispera, Panos.

Welcome to A2K.

I will now smash some plates in your honour.
0 Replies

anandmuthiah

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:28 pm
Hi im new
Hi my name is Anand

I was born in India, I am now 18 years old. Lived in the US for most of my life. I've come to india for medical school and most importantly to find out who I really am. I joined this site after lurking for a while. I am outgoing, friendly, and happy but I have always been a thinker. There is a lot more to who I am, and I guess through here I can make some friends.

Thanks,

Anand
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:29 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Kalispera, Panos.

Welcome to A2K.

Kalispera.

Hehe, the plate braking tradition have stopped in Greece many years ago because it costed a lot Smile . Now in the bouzouki nightclubs they sell flowers without stalk which you drop to the singer or the ones dancing.

I think the Greeks of the diaspora (North America, Australia etc.) are still breaking plates.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:30 pm
Welcome to everybody!

Panos, I've noticed your posts and meant to say welcome to a2k before this...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:34 pm
Ellinas wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Kalispera, Panos.

Welcome to A2K.

Kalispera.

Hehe, the plate braking tradition have stopped in Greece many years ago because it costed a lot Smile . Now in the bouzouki nightclubs they sell flowers without stalk which you drop to the singer or the ones dancing.

I think the Greeks of the diaspora (North America, Australia etc.) are still breaking plates.

You wouldn't happen to be one of those mad motorcyclists that came over from the mainland to Skiathos while I was there?
There I was, enjoying about the prettiest Greek Island that there is when, all of a sudden, the ferry docked and two hundred motorbikes suddenly roared out.

Frightening.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:38 pm
Re: Hi im new
anandmuthiah wrote:
Hi my name is Anand

I was born in India, I am now 18 years old. Lived in the US for most of my life. I've come to india for medical school ......

OOOH! A trainee Doctor, everyone!

Welcome, Anand......you will prove very useful in the medical threads, as we are an ageing bunch, who seem to acquire more mysterious aches and pains by the day.

P.S. If someone called Slappy asks you to carry out a physical, DECLINE.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:42 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:

You wouldn't happen to be one of those mad motorcyclists that came over from the mainland to Skiathos while I was there?
There I was, enjoying about the prettiest Greek Island that there is when, all of a sudden, the ferry docked and two hundred motorbikes suddenly roared out.

Frightening.

I don't have a motorbike Laughing . And I will disagree with you here, the best island is Crete Very Happy .
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:50 pm
Ellinas wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

Frightening.

I don't have a motorbike Laughing . And I will disagree with you here, the best island is Crete Very Happy .

Crete has a wonderful mountain range, and amazing ancient ruins. I didn't see TOO much of the mountains, as a Cretian taxi driver was taking us at breakneck speed to the airport, as our scheduled coach had not arrived. I covered my eyes for most of the journey, as he was travelling at 90km/hour, playing loud bazouki music, whilst using one hand to hold his mobile phone and the other to hold his cigarette.

We walked the gorge (can't remember the name) when there, which involved wading through an ice cold river.

Marvellous place.....

Favourites. (so far)

1.Skiathos
2.Lesbos
3.Crete
4.Kefalonia
5.Rhodes.
6.Paros
7.Zante.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 08:48 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Crete has a wonderful mountain range, and amazing ancient ruins. I didn't see TOO much of the mountains, as a Cretian taxi driver was taking us at breakneck speed to the airport, as our scheduled coach had not arrived. I covered my eyes for most of the journey, as he was travelling at 90km/hour, playing loud bazouki music, whilst using one hand to hold his mobile phone and the other to hold his cigarette.

We walked the gorge (can't remember the name) when there, which involved wading through an ice cold river.

Marvellous place.....

Favourites. (so far)

1.Skiathos
2.Lesbos
3.Crete
4.Kefalonia
5.Rhodes.
6.Paros
7.Zante.

You are talking about the Gorge of Samaria right? From Omalos plateu down to Agia Rumeli village. I have walked it too years ago.

Have you bought any of these tourist books about the Gorge, because my father has written a book about Gorge of Samaria Smile .
0 Replies

cmg

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:21 am
say hello. my first time here
Hi everyone. I wrote quite a long reply to a post. I'm not sure where it went. or I sent it to the right place. here's hoping. :wink:

cmg
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:26 am
Welcome, cmg!

Your post went here (click)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 04:39 pm
welcome, cmg Smile

you can always find your posts by clicking on your name...
0 Replies

mrscool

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 10:33 pm
Judicial Activism is necessary
hey.. ya im new.. i so need help on writing my cases for the new LD topic. HElp please!!
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:27 pm
Another new member
Hello. I'm brand new to this forum thing. Looking forward to some good, friendly debate.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:40 pm
Welcome echi and Mrs Cool.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

I doubt it, with the rabble that we have here, but it's worth a try.

Good luck.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 07:57 am
Hello every one I'm not exactly new, but most of the time I don't remember to come back ^_^ so "hello" to all you "newbees" ^_^ and good luck with your findings ^_^
0 Replies

Misspatatra

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:56 pm
Bonjour !
Hello everyone!
I'm new here...I'm French...what else...happy to find this forum and gonna try to practice my english...maybe i could start with..."all apologies" Embarrassed Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:38 pm
Hello Miss "patatras"

Welcome!
0 Replies

Misspatatra

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:44 pm
Francis wrote:
Hello Miss "patatra"

Welcome!

merci Smile