Do you have a particular memory of being distressed or embarrassed about your clothes at work?

Fri 21 Apr, 2023 08:32 am
I need testimonials here. Was a co-worker looking at you weirdly, did the HR team send you an e-mail about clothing guidelines at work, were you uncomfortable in a uniform? How did you act on these feelings?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 4,088 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

izzythepush

Sat 22 Apr, 2023 08:24 am
@iamasystemist,
When I was a vicar my congregation was most put out by my insintance on wearing a gorilla costume during sermons.

I'm not kidding they were really unreasonable and I had to see the bishop.

Bishop Bumface we used to call him, and guess what he took their side!

I couldn't believe it. I told him I'd joined for a pious life but hadn't had a whiff of pie since I joined and this was the last straw.

I walked out and converted to Islam, but to be honest, the Imam hasn't been very helpful either.

He hasn't said gorilla outfits are haram but he won't let me wear it in the Mosque.

Please help.
0 Replies

Mame

Sat 22 Apr, 2023 10:38 am
@iamasystemist,
No, but I once worked for BC Railway and a woman there showed up every day with tissues stuck in her nostrils and she was like that all day long, every single day. I don't know if she changed them out during her shift but it sure was funny.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 22 Apr, 2023 04:44 pm
Yes. I was working in a nudist colony and my supervisor said my coworkers did not like the cut of my jib.

They made wear a jimmy cap.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 22 Apr, 2023 08:23 pm
One day, I was wearing a black dress with a white collar and a young co-worker asked if my flea collar is working.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 23 Apr, 2023 11:29 am
@CalamityJane,
I believe he was looking for an effective treatment for himself.
0 Replies

Adam West

Sat 8 Jul, 2023 05:41 am
@iamasystemist,
Recently, the HR team sent out an email regarding clothing guidelines at work, which made me feel a bit self-conscious about my outfit choices.

While I understood the importance of maintaining professionalism, I also wanted to maintain my personal style. To address this, I scheduled a meeting with HR to discuss any concerns I had.

The conversation turned out to be extremely helpful, as they clarified certain points and provided guidance on how I could align my personal style with the dress code.

With their support and understanding, I felt more comfortable and confident in navigating the balance between personal expression and professional attire.
0 Replies