Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats) in this upcoming 2024 midterm election?

Real Music

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2024 09:27 am
Union leader fires back after Trump called him a 'dope'

The president of the United Auto Workers union, Shawn Fain, responds to former President Trump calling him a "dope" and "weapon of mass destruction" to the automobile manufacturing industry on social media.

Published Jan 30, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2024 09:38 am
Quote:
Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats)
in this upcoming 2024 election?

Published Jan 30, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2024 09:01 pm
Published January 31, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2024 02:00 pm
Published January 20, 2024

0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2024 03:57 pm
What Biden *really* says about Trump behind closed doors
By JONATHAN LEMIRE, LAUREN EGAN, MYAH WARD and BEN JOHANSEN 02/01/2024 05:37 PM EST

President JOE BIDEN has a reputation for salty language behind closed doors. But it nearly slipped out in public during his speech at Valley Forge last month to mark the third anniversary of the Jan. 6 insurrection. Animated and angry, he derided DONALD TRUMP and his followers for drawing glee from political violence.

“At his rally, he jokes about an intruder, whipped up by the Big Trump Lie, taking a hammer to Paul Pelosi’s skull,” Biden said.

“And he thinks that’s funny,” the president continued. “He laughed about it. What a sick …”

Biden let his voice trail off as the crowd cheered and chuckled.

In private, he doesn’t stop short.

The president has described Trump to longtime friends and close aides as a “sick ****” who delights in others’ misfortunes, according to three people who have heard the president use the profane description. According to one of the people who has spoken with the president, Biden recently said of Trump: “What a ******* asshole the guy is.”

The White House declined to comment.

The epithets may cut against the image Biden often projects as someone eager to take down the level of incivility and acrimony in politics. But they also illustrate a core anger he has developed toward the man he ousted from office and may very well face again.

Biden has long been troubled by what he has perceived as Trump’s encouragement of political violence, which the incumbent believes is a direct threat to the nation’s democracy and deeply un-American, according to the three people familiar with his private conversations, who were all granted anonymity to describe them. His disgust toward Trump has never been a secret but has only grown in recent months as the former president tightens his grip on the GOP nomination.

The Trump campaign chided Biden for his remarks.

“It’s a shame that Crooked Joe Biden disrespects the presidency both publicly and privately,” said CHRIS LACIVITA, a senior Trump campaign adviser. “But then again, it’s no surprise he disrespects the 45th president the same way he disrespects the American people with his failed policies.”

Biden believes Trump has grown only more loathsome with time. The ex-president’s jokes about the attack on PAUL PELOSI, the 83-year-old husband of former House Speaker NANCY PELOSI, particularly gall Biden.

The White House declined to comment.

The epithets may cut against the image Biden often projects as someone eager to take down the level of incivility and acrimony in politics. But they also illustrate a core anger he has developed toward the man he ousted from office and may very well face again.

Biden has long been troubled by what he has perceived as Trump’s encouragement of political violence, which the incumbent believes is a direct threat to the nation’s democracy and deeply un-American, according to the three people familiar with his private conversations, who were all granted anonymity to describe them. His disgust toward Trump has never been a secret but has only grown in recent months as the former president tightens his grip on the GOP nomination.

The Trump campaign chided Biden for his remarks.

“It’s a shame that Crooked Joe Biden disrespects the presidency both publicly and privately,” said CHRIS LACIVITA, a senior Trump campaign adviser. “But then again, it’s no surprise he disrespects the 45th president the same way he disrespects the American people with his failed policies.”

Biden believes Trump has grown only more loathsome with time. The ex-president’s jokes about the attack on PAUL PELOSI, the 83-year-old husband of former House Speaker NANCY PELOSI, particularly gall Biden.

A hammer-wielding man who was radicalized by right-wing conspiracy theories broke into the Pelosi family’s San Francisco home in October 2022 looking for the former speaker. He attacked her husband, fracturing his skull. In the aftermath of the assault, a series of salacious rumors about the encounter took hold on the hard-right, which Trump used as laugh lines for his rallies.

“We’ll stand up to crazy Nancy Pelosi, who ruined San Francisco — how’s her husband doing, anybody know?” Trump said to a raucous crowd of California Republicans at a state party convention in September. “And she’s against building a wall at our border, even though she has a wall around her house — which obviously didn’t do a very good job.”

Paul Pelosi’s attacker was convicted of attempted kidnapping and assault. That incident is not the only one which has prompted Biden to privately spit expletives about the likely Republican nominee.

Biden’s fury has also been triggered, according to the people who spoke to him, by accounts of Trump cheering on the Jan. 6 rioters from the comfort of his private dining room off the Oval Office. In addition, Trump’s declaration that there were fine people on “both sides” of the racist clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia, as well as his warm words toward VLADIMIR PUTIN have been known to set off the president.

Biden grew particularly incensed by reports of Trump refusing to visit a military cemetery in the rain and by stories that he has mocked the sacrifices of fallen American soldiers. Biden believes his son BEAU died of brain cancer that developed after being exposed to burn pits while serving in Iraq. And, as with the case of the Valley Forge speech, his fury on this front has spilled out into public view, including last weekend in South Carolina.

“[Trump] referred to those heroes, and I quote, as ‘suckers’ and ‘losers.’ He actually said that. How dare he say that. How dare he talk about my son and all like that,” Biden said. “Look, I call them patriots and heroes. The only loser I see is Donald Trump.”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02JfFbqSzV55bbU7qbfkpdCxod5dCSK9vsjA2L91vA6LiT3oxZy51aK1bhGo7Fvcwyl&id=100002047713159&mibextid=Nif5oz
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2024 01:46 am
Published February 2, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2024 09:59 pm
Quote:
in this upcoming 2024 election?

Published February 4, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2024 12:22 pm
Poor People's Campaign launches effort to mobilize 15 million voters.

The Poor People’s Campaign will launch an effort to mobilize 15 million poor and low-wealth voters in more than 30 states ahead of the November election, and the Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II and Celinda Lake join Morning Joe to discuss.

Published February 6, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2024 11:34 pm
1. The Joe Biden/Kamala Harris campaign could use real video footage of Trump bragging about how he was the only one in the last 50 years that was able to get Roe V Wade overturned. And let's not forget about how proud that made Trump feel for that achievement. I would definitely emphasize and highlight how (honored) Trump was of this very unpopular achievement.

2. I would use real video footage of Trump (proudly) bragging about being the only one who was able to get Roe V Wade overturned in 50 years.

3. I would have that campaign ad on radio ads. television ads, tall billboard display ads, and online internet ads.

4. I would run those ads repeatedly over and over for the next nine from now all the way to election day. I would especially run that ad in Battleground swing states.

5. But, I wouldn't just limit it to the Battleground swing states. I would also run that ad in red districts and red states.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2024 06:28 pm
I think if you try democracy, you might have a chance at winning.
But Democrats HATE democracy because up with it their donors will not put.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2024 07:12 pm
‘A middle finger to military families’: Vets sound off on Trump mocking Nikki Haley’s husband,
who's serving overseas.

Retired U.S. Marine Corps Lieutenant, Amy McGrath, founder of Democratic Majority Action PAC and Paul Reickhoff, founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America join Alicia Menendez in for Nicolle Wallace on Deadline White House with reaction to Donald Trump’s comments about Nikki Haley’s husband who has been absent from the campaign trail because he is serving in the military abroad.

Published February 12, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2024 10:52 am
(Democrats) retain majority in the Pennsylvania House
with a 102-100 partisan divide

Published February 13, 2024

Quote:
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Democrats retained their slim majority in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives on Tuesday after voters elected a former school board member to represent them in a Philadelphia suburb that has been trending more to the left.

Jim Prokopiak’s election to the Bucks County seat will give Democrats a 102-100 majority in the House, which they have sought to defend in four special elections in the past year. A Republican lawmaker’s resignation last week shifted the power back to Democrats, and Prokopiak’s win kept it in place.

He defeated Republican challenger Candace Cabanas and will replace former state Rep. John Galloway, who resigned to serve as a magisterial judge. Cabanas has said previously she plans to run again during the general election.

“What I heard from voters is that Bucks County residents need help supporting their families, want control over their own bodies, and ensure they have the ability to chart their own paths in life,” Prokopiak said in a statement. “I’m committed to taking my conversations with voters to Harrisburg and making their dreams a reality.”

While campaigning, Prokopiak, 49, said his goals as a lawmaker aligned with the party’s larger ambitions since they retook the chamber — more money for K-12 education, preserving access to abortions and a higher minimum wage.

“No one can afford to live on the federal minimum wage in this area,” he said. “If we’re going to be talking about good-paying jobs and creating life-sustaining jobs, the first thing we have to do is raise the minimum wage because it’s clear that is not sustaining anybody.”

Democrats have kept all six seats that have gone up for special elections in the past year, in mostly reliably Democratic districts. Prokopiak will represent a seat that has favorably elected Democrats in past election cycles.

Galloway’s seat has trended Democratic, and Republicans have slowly been losing their grip on the county as a whole.

The race drew national attention from the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, which spent $50,000 to protect the party’s majority in the chamber.

It was a first step for the committee, which has said it is planning to spend at least $60 million on statehouse races nationally this cycle, the group’s largest-ever budget. It will feature special emphasis on erasing GOP majorities in Arizona and New Hampshire and in the Pennsylvania Senate while holding small Democratic majorities claimed in 2022 in Minnesota and Michigan.

“This victory is a promising sign for Democrats up and down the ballot this year – it’s clear that momentum is on our side,” Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee President Heather Williams said in a statement, adding that their focus will be on defending the House majority and flipping the state Senate.

Democrats in Pennsylvania have used their newfound power this year to advance a number of the caucus’ priorities, and they have a philosophical ally in the governor’s office with Democratic Gov. Josh Shapiro. The Legislature remains politically divided with a firm Republican majority in the Senate.

“Over the last year I think, since the Democrats have been in the majority, they’ve pushed legislation that has helped the middle class,” Prokopiak said previously. “I want to do that.”

https://apnews.com/article/pennsylvania-house-bucks-county-election-c50f31ebd01a077228c194d86b95df96
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2024 11:03 am
Quote:
in this upcoming 2024 election? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Published Feb 13, 2024

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2024 07:22 pm
@Real Music,
I dunno. What was "MASSIVE" about it? I feel cheated.

Not your fault, RM!!!
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2024 01:25 am
Pennsylvania Democrat ‘did the hard work’ to keep state House majority in special election.

Pennsylvania Representative-elect Jim Prokopiak won a special election that preserved the majority in the PA House and allowed Speaker Joanna McClinton to keep her position. Prokopiak and McClinton join Lawrence O’Donnell to discuss how “the only way to defend democracy” is to get out and vote in 2024.

Published February 14, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2024 01:32 am
'We're kicking their ass': Dem strategist on GOP outlook after Suozzi flips Santos’ seat.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell talks to Democratic strategist Simon Rosenberg who says "MAGA is failed politics" after Democrat Tom Suozzi flipped the U.S. House seat once held by criminal defendant George Santos in a New York special election.

Published February 13, 2024

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2024 05:15 pm
Filmmaker Michael Moore says Michigan's 'Uncommitted' campaign can save Biden from himself.

During Michigan's Democratic Primary on Tuesday night, more than 100-thousand voters sent a message to President Biden by casting an "uncommitted" vote in protest of his administration's handling of Israel's war on Gaza.

Published March 3, 2024

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2024 07:16 am
https://i.imgur.com/CBNhCv3.jpeg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2024 07:17 am
https://i.imgur.com/OKpefql.jpeg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2024 07:19 am