Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats) in this upcoming 2024 midterm election?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2023 06:13 pm
@Real Music,
Get the vote out.
roger

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2023 08:26 pm
@Real Music,
I have to agree.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2023 01:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Get the vote out.

1. I agree, but there needs to be a good strategy or plan to mobilize getting people out to vote.

2. For starters, organizing and mobilizing a good ground game.

3. Utilize various tools and sources to mobilize a good ground game.

4. Also, mobilizing early voting is Essential.

5. I believe that mobilizing early in-person voting is also essential.

6. Also, I would emphasize and promote the importance of voting straight democrat up and down the ballot.

7. I would show the clear contrast from what the Democrats stand for vs what the Republicans stand for.

8. The Democrats, in my opinion, would win easily on policy positions and stances.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2023 04:07 am
(Politics Nation with REV AL) see the office of the VEEP
where no cameras have gone before 08 27 23

0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2023 04:10 am
Find a candidate that can tie his (or her) own shoes.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2023 04:15 am
This is in reference to the video I just posted:

1. This is such a delight to see this side of Kamala Harris.

2. Kamala Harris is delightful and captivating Very Happy
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2023 10:16 am
In a network exclusive interview, Vice President Kamala Harris spoke Thursday morning
with CBS News about the Biden-Harris reelection bid.

Published Sep 7, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2023 10:31 am
This is in reference to Vice President Kamala Harris CBS interview clip I just posted:

1. I like seeing more of this side of Kamala Harris.
2. She shows confidence.
3. She is (relax and comfortable).
4. She know who she is.
5. She know what she believes.
6. She know what she stands for.
7. Just being yourself is how you (connect) with people.
8. Everyone of us are individuals.
9. I want to see more of Kamala Harris being herself. That is refreshing Smile
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2023 08:09 pm
‘It’s not polling, it’s real’: Dems overperform in 24 of 30 special elections so far in 2023

Five Thirty Eight compiled the 30 different special elections so far in 2023. In 24 out of these 30 races, Democrats over performed
their baseline. “That says something robust and inspiring about where we stand at this moment,” says Chris Hayes.

Published Sep 20, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2023 11:41 pm
Quote:
Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats) in this upcoming 2024 midterm election?

Published Sep 18, 2023

Real Music

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2023 12:12 pm
Warning to Democrats:

Trump is making a play for Labor Union votes for the upcoming 2024 general election.

Published Sep 19, 2023

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2023 12:48 pm
@Real Music,
I work with two antiunion coworkers. Conservatives still see Unions as tools for Communism. In the grand big picture, most unions are antiTrump. Though there a very likely a small percentage of union members who are proTrump.

Still, Biden and the establishment Democrats better throw this major support away. They best get to groveling to the UAW, etc....
Real Music

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2023 02:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
1. I'm sure that (Biden) knows that the labor union votes are essential, especially in the rust belt states like Michigan
and Pennsylvania.

2. That's the very reason (Trump) is making a play for the labor union vote.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2023 11:42 pm
Virginia Democrats win full control of statehouse,
dealing blow to GOP ahead of 2024.

Published November 7, 2023

Quote:
Virginia Democrats are projected to win control of both of the state’s legislature bodies, according to Decision Desk HQ, dealing a major blow to Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s agenda for the remainder of his term.

Democrats won control of the House of Delegates and maintained their grip on the state Senate. Tuesday’s election results mark a reversal from two years ago, when Youngkin was elected governor and Republicans won control of the House of Delegates.

Various Democratic figures jumped into the campaign. President Biden issued endorsements last week, while former President Obama recorded robocalls in various districts. Maryland Gov. Wes Moore (D) also made the trip to Virginia to campaign alongside a number of candidates.
Democrats in competitive races repeatedly hammered their GOP counterparts as “MAGA extremists” and warned that Republicans would move to pass an abortion ban in the state. The Democratic victory makes it highly unlikely that Youngkin’s endorsed 15 week ban with exceptions on abortion will pass through.

But Tuesday’s wins do not mean smooth sailing for the Democrats’ policy agenda. Democrats in the state legislature will likely clash with Youngkin, who could block a number of initiatives from being passed.

Significantly, however, national Democrats will see their victory in the commonwealth as an affirmation that their messaging on abortion is a winning strategy heading into 2024, where President Biden appears on shaky ground as he looks set for a rematch against former President Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/virginia-democrats-win-full-control-of-statehouse-dealing-blow-to-gop-ahead-of-2024/ar-AA1jzduS
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2023 11:54 pm
Ohio Issue 1 passes, enshrining abortion rights
in state constitution.

Published November 7, 2023

Quote:
In a win for pro-abortion-rights advocates, Ohioans voted to enshrine abortion rights into the state constitution on Tuesday.

Voters in the Buckeye State approved a ballot measure known as Issue 1, which asked voters whether the state’s constitution should be amended to establish “an individual right to one’s own reproductive medical treatment, included but not limited to abortion.” The amendment, which goes into effect 30 days from now, protects abortion access up to the point of fetal viability. Abortions would only be allowed after that point to protect the life of the mother.

The Associated Press called the election, declaring that Ohioans approved the measure, exceeding the required 50% simple majority of support needed to pass.
Republicans in the state legislature had attempted to raise the simple majority threshold to 60% with a special election back in August, but abortion rights groups cleared that hurdle, in yet another win, after Ohioans voted to keep the simple majority requirement in tact.

Ohio, a Republican-leaning state which Donald Trump won in 2020, joins several other red states where voters have consistently turned up at the polls to support expanding abortion access after Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court ruling that recognized a constitutional right to an abortion, was overturned in June 2022.

Ohio was the only state to directly vote on abortion this year where Republican leaders in the state had previously passed a law banning abortions after about six weeks, but that law is currently blocked by court bans amid ongoing litigation. It briefly took effect last year following the overturn of Roe v. Wade, before the case of a 10-year-old Ohio rape victim, who was forced her travel to Indiana for an abortion, made headlines and created national outrage.

Currently in Ohio, abortion is allowed up to 22 weeks of pregnancy. The results of today’s election mean that the new amendment to the state’s constitution will blocks the six-week abortion ban.

Republicans and Democrats were using this election to test the waters to see how important the abortion issue remains with voters heading into the 2024 election. Ohioans have spoken – indicating their support, meaning Republicans have their work cut out for them ahead of 2024 in the Buckeye State.

Abortion rights groups are hoping to continue the momentum as they work to put more ballot initiatives before voters in 2024 in states like Arizona and Florida, two key presidential battleground states.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ohio-issue-1-passes-enshrining-abortion-rights-in-state-constitution/ar-AA1jyO0K
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2023 12:07 am
Democrats get BEST POSSIBLE news ahead of 2024 election[.

Marc Elias discusses the Democrats' overperformance in the 2023 elections.

Published Nov 8, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2023 02:33 am
Quote:
Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats)
in this upcoming 2024 election?

Published Nov 8, 2023

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2023 08:22 am
https://i.imgur.com/jnXYw4Z.png
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2023 08:33 am
@Real Music,
nothing new: Hard Hats for Nixon

https://www.smithsonianmag.com › history › hard-hat-riot-1970-pitted-construction-workers-against-anti-war-protestors-180974831
The 'Hard Hat Riot' of 1970 Pitted ... - Smithsonian Magazine
Several days before the eruption of violence in New York, Nixon's chief of staff, H.R. Haldeman suggested to the president that construction workers, or 'hard hats,' be used to create conflict.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/545a686fe4b059216c7cb8cc/1588974362634-22Q7YMOGY3F6L0WQVWQM/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kPG1NNr9uO4BVXyZlPsCQ-h7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z4YTzHvnKhyp6Da-NYroOW3ZGjoBKy3azqku80C789l0k6sq9GEl9ZUDkp1sRKcAyIni6DKaP3EqkudS3LYFfWw1fSIFsuPfK_pM9aViLM1jg/IMG_1033.jpg

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/545a686fe4b059216c7cb8cc/1588974302993-ZDOIRYJVOO5PUSWZ7NYH/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kKbNTdzO89pWiwWA0nDivoF7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z4YTzHvnKhyp6Da-NYroOW3ZGjoBKy3azqku80C789l0p5uBJOnOmCWBN4JfYsIDyTH21btP7J3s010k8WLOnZ3lkX31-vRSIPsIDmiVeT79w/image-asset.jpeg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2023 08:36 am
https://i.imgur.com/OSiocTV.jpeg
0 Replies