Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats) in this upcoming 2024 midterm election?

izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 05:42 am
@bobsal u1553115,
So nothing then.

All you have to offer is Trump being worse.

Would an Arab see it like that?

Biden has already enabled the slaughter of 15,000 plus Palestinians including over 4000children.

Trump is capricious and narcissistic and has had issues with Netanyahu for not treating him with due deference.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility for him to stop military aid to Israel over some perceived slight.

Biden needs to appeal to voters, offer them something.

He hasn't.

As for America's commitment to Democracy?

Look at who praised Kissenger, China and Russia, (undemocratic autocracies,) while South America remembered him for Pinochet and all manner of fascist ****.

More recently, Tunisia, Egypt and Syria have all discovered that Democracy takes a massive back seat to American interests.

I'm just saying it how I see it. I have no vote to give.

And the Tories have made such a dog's breakfast of government that a Labour landslide is inevitable.

I won't vote for them while Starmer is head of the party.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 06:17 am
@izzythepush,
I can see I've been voted down by those who approve of coups in Chile and 4000 dead Palestinian children.

I live in a country that doesn't celebrate school shootings so I don't expect my comments to be treated any differently.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 07:00 am
@izzythepush,
Some folks have trouble accepting painful facts and figures.

IDF out kills all Palestinian groups put together by a factor of 100+.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 07:10 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Don't get me wrong.

I want Trump to go to jail.

I don't even want him running for president.

If it's just between him and Biden I want Biden.

If Biden loses the election, it won't be my fault.

He is taking a certain chunk of the electorate for granted, and if he continues appeasing Netanyahu those voters will probably stay at home.

That's how I see it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 07:13 am
And the way things are my vote doesn't matter.

A Labour landslide is coming and my MP is Labour.

And will be Labour after the next election regardless of how I vote.

I'll probably vote TUSC.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 07:19 am
@izzythepush,
Getting people to believe their vote is worth nothing is active voter suppression. If a vote was truly worthless they'd be giving you extra votes. If your vote was worthless, why do they invest so much effort in getting you to not vote? Here in the states they enact all sorts of frivolous law and regulation to make voting difficult and work at all sorts of ways to get Democratic voters taken off voters lists. If their votes were truly worthless, the RW'd do everything to make it easier to vote.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 07:26 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I know what you mean.

I always vote, but at the next election both Southampton seats will return a Labour MP regardless of how I vote.

Starmer has been a huge disappointment.

There was a piece inthe Guardian about how this coming election is more like 2006 which Labour won, but nothing like the victory in 1997 which is how it should feel.

Starmer has no ideas, no real vision, just more of the same with greater competence.

That's a recipe for disaster.

Labour will win the next election, but they should win the next three and I can't see that happening.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 07:37 am
@izzythepush,
Part of the problem is that by running candidates with nothing questionable in their past we tend to get milquetoast candidates with no vision or smarts; or candidates who are good at hiding terrible secrets.

It's really dumbed down RW in particular.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 08:29 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Starmer wants to pick his own candidates regardless of what local party members want.

Jamie Driscoll is a case in point, a popular, local, successful mayor barred from standing by central office.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 05:26 pm
Quote:
Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats) in this upcoming
2024 election?

‘It’s not polling, it’s real’: Dems overperform in 24 of 30
special elections so far in (2023).

Five Thirty Eight compiled the 30 different special elections so far in (2023).
In 24 out of these 30 races, Democrats over performed their baseline.
“That says something robust and inspiring about where we stand at this moment,”
says Chris Hayes.

(Special elections) show voters rejecting MAGA extremism

Published Sep 20, 2023

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 09:10 pm

Muslim/Arab Americans start an anti Joe Biden campaign. I guess they'd prefer a madman deciding their fate.

Whatever problem Muslims have with Biden, opposing him is helping Trump no matter how you view it. And if Trump wins/steals the presidency, many/most of them may be deported at best, or end up in camps at worst. (And even worse, they may be death camps. If you find that statement extreme, check out a bit of 20th Century history.)

Muslim Americans in several swing states are scheduled to gather in Michigan on Saturday to start a campaign they're calling #AbandonBiden, a reflection of their outrage over President Biden's handling of the Israel-Hamas war.

Why it matters: Arab American and Muslim American anger could hurt Biden's re-election prospects in most of the 2024 swing states he won in 2020, as those groups have been heavily Democratic.

https://www.axios.com/2023/12/02/muslim-americans-swing-states-anti-biden-campaign
Real Music

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2023 11:43 pm
Quote:
Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats)
in this upcoming 2024 election?

PLOT TWIST: Democrats DOMINATE (Special Elections) Despite Polls.

Krystal and Saagar discuss Democrats winning major (special elections) despite recent poor polling data.

Published Sep 21, 2023

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2023 05:08 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Which is what I've been saying.

And "President Trump" could have a hissy fit and cut off all Israel's military aid.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2023 07:44 am
@izzythepush,
We agree on the abuse suffered by the Palestinian people, I wasn't mansplaining it to you. I was attempting to display solidarity.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2023 10:17 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm sorry if I gave the impression I thought you were mansplaining.

I didn't mean to.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2023 12:06 pm
The problem with polling.

Vanity Fair's Molly Jong-Fast joins Katie Phang to explore the nuances of 2024 presidential election polling,
how the polling can provide a misleading look at elections and how to best analyze the data gleaned from
polls.

Published Dec 2, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2023 02:00 pm
Quote:
Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats) in this upcoming
2024 election?

Once again, Trump is going back in time and picking the wrong side of an issue.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, Republican presidential primary front-runner Donald Trump revived calls to roll back Obamacare, also known as the Affordable Care Act, if he returns to the White House. A Biden adviser said the campaign and its key allies intend to seize on Trump’s calls to undo the ACA and “really hit this hard,” both on television and elsewhere. The Morning Joe panel discusses.

Published Nov 28, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2023 02:51 am
Quote:

Published Dec 8, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2023 02:59 am
Quote:

'Stunning': Texas threatens doctors, hospitals who provide court-allowed abortion.

After receiving a fatal fetal diagnosis, Kate Cox asked a Texas judge to allow an abortion in order to protect her health and future fertility. The judge agreed. Immediately after, the attorney general of Texas threatened to jail her doctor and sue the hospital if they provide abortion care.

Published Dec 8, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2023 06:24 am
Quote:

Published Dec 8, 2023

0 Replies