Poll: Happy President's Day 2023! Doing anything special for the holiday?

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2023 08:54 pm
Happy President's Day 2023! Are you doing anything special for the holiday?

Please respond soon. Thank you.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2023 04:41 am
@JGoldman10,
I thought you were a Christian.

Today is Shrove Tuesday, where traditionally one would go to church to have one's sins shriven before Lent starts tomorrow.

We call it Pancake Day, so I will be making pancakes.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2023 09:06 am
@JGoldman10,
Damn, missed president's day, I’ve been too busy getting my game area ready for the release and arrival of my preordered PSVR2 Tommorrow! Razz Cool
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2023 09:30 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Damn, missed president's day, I’ve been too busy getting my game area ready for the release and arrival of my preordered PSVR2 Tommorrow! Razz Cool

I commuted all the way into work yesterday. Got here and found all the lights out in my office. Then I realized we were closed President's Day. Ooops. Got back on the PATH train back into NYC. Walked around for a while before heading back home.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2023 11:02 am
@tsarstepan,

#Doh
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2023 01:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Presidents Day, wouldn’t have known it was here without Mr. Goldman's reminder. Didn’t know it was a holiday either. The Feds keep tacking more on all the time, must be a dozen by now.

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2023 04:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
I didn't do anything special. I just treated the holiday like I do any other day of the year.

I was trying to get as much work done and take care of as much business as I could since it was a federal holiday.

I learned fairly recently that the holiday is officially called Washington's Birthday, that both Washington and Lincoln were both born in February and that the federal government took action to make the holiday fall on the third Monday of every January.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2023 05:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
What about Ash Wednesday?

Did you do anything for that?

What about Lent? Are you giving anything up or taking anything on?

Is there anything you will be doing to acknowledge the 40 days of suffering our Lord spent in the wilderness?

Or will you be spending your time asking what people will be doing on Huckleberry Hound Day, or something like that?

glitterbag

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2023 05:59 pm
@izzythepush,
I forgot about Huckleberry Hound Day, I'll check the basement for the decorations.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2023 06:10 pm
@glitterbag,
When Top Cat was shown over here it was shown on the BBC that doesn't allow advertising.

At the time there was a brand of cat food called Top Cat.

The BBC called it Boss Cat. It was Boss Cat in the scheduling in the TV guides and Newspapers.

There was even a comic that featured Hannah Barbera characters where Top Cat was titled Boss Cat and the gang would call him BC.

Now it's one thing doing in a comic, but a TV programme is another thing entirely. The continuity announcer would say that Boss Cat was up next on the BBC, only for the theme tune to begin with "Top Cat...."
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2023 08:12 am
@JGoldman10,
Good to know.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2023 01:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
An extension. For the hair.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2023 01:20 pm
Went to DC for Presidents' Day, did some sightseeing on the National Mall, caught a youth concert at the Kennedy Center.
0 Replies